It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Oscar, Our New Puppy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The dominance training is a must with Shepard dogs.

My ex and I had one (hers before I met her) and it decided to bite my face, totally unprovoked. He caught me right under my left eye and I instinctively punched him in the face. Not something I'm proud of, but things changed after that.

He started to show his belly every time I came home. Never took a nip at me or anyone else ever again.

I wish I had video of him catching a frisbee. He'd do it for hours if I could keep up. Could also jump about 6ft in the air. Amazing dog. Miss you Ross

ETA: I'm in no way advocating hurting an animal. Get them trained ASAP to avoid negative situations.
edit on 31-8-2019 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: bally001

If I could teach him to fetch a beer, my hubby would be the happiest man alive! lol But I don't want to teach him how to open the fridge. Already had a dog that could do that, and ate 4 lbs of venison.

What.... you mean you don’t fetch your hubby his beer???

Lovely pup by the way and enjoy the training.

Oh, and by the way... Methinks those sneakers behind the pup might not live a long life!

Lags
edit on 31-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Smelly sneakers

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

He is adorbs!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Sweet puppy. I finally have the wife convinced it's time for another dog. My Poopsie passed about 5 years ago. I want a yellow lab or Australian Shepherd. Both are "too big" in her opinion. But if I brought home a fluffy puppy like yours, she would have no choice.

I had to laugh when looking at the adds. Someone was looking to "rehome" their puppy because he pees a little on the floor when he's excited. I had to think, is there a puppy who doesn't do that?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Having had both an Aussie and a Lab I can say that if dog hair is an issue get the Aussie. When my Lab died and the only pet in house was the Aussie I was amazed at how much less pet hair I had to clean.

That might convince the wife.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh my goodness, how adorable! You have a beautiful puppy there Chiefsmom! I'm sure you will have many loving and joyful moments in the years to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Looking at his fur....sure there isn't a bit hyena in this little biter...?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

He's simply gorgeous!!!
I'm sure he'll be almost perpetual motion during the first two years.....so enjoy your new workout "toy"!!!!
Dogs keep us young...and love us no matter what!

Please try to share more pictures as he grows???

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Will do.
Sorry I disappeared for a bit, been easily distracted.

I will report, that now that he finally has some "Adult" teeth coming in, he is starting to have more than 5 minutes of calm. He will actually lay beside me on the couch, and let me pet him for a while, without biting. So Yea!

But he has started barking at us, when we tell him no on something he did wrong.

And thank you to all for the good advise. We've been going for more walks, and tomorrow I want to try fetch again, with a tennis ball. See if he will actually return it.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

While I'm not thrilled with the punching him statement (but appreciate the honesty), I get it, because dang they are quick. This little guy can turn on a dime, even during a belly rub, and have your wrist in his mouth. That's when he gets the dominance training immediately. And he calms right down after that.

Well..... for a little bit anyway. LOL

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Of course I do! I'm trained pretty well. LOL

He has been pretty good about shoes, thankfully, as I am terrible about leaving mine by the door. But he does like shoestrings, or the tape at the ends. Those he likes to chew. Which means it's mostly the hubbies workboots.

Has anyone ever heard of the old wives tale, about puppies raised outside? My sis told me about it. Supposedly, they are easier to potty train if they are raised outside. I have to say, so far, of all the dogs we have owned, it has been true with him. He was the only one raised outside, and I can count on one hand the number of accidents he has had in the house. Just thought that was interesting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join