It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Canadian Pm is an evil woman wishes death to Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don’t get wishing death and destruction on innocent people. I’ve experienced a hurricane and it’s destruction. I’m guessing you haven’t.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

So from this comment I gather that you find the elected leader of a nation's desire to see trade deals work to the absolutely maximum benefit oi his own country, the one he was elected to lead, as being somehow considered "evil intent." WOW! This is why political discourse and geopolitics are in tatters right now, folks have allowed their fantasy of a Roddenbury-esque utopia to cloud their judgement of reality. We still live in a world of national borders and nationalistic goals and policies. That's not "evil intent," it's purely embracing traditional sensibilities over modern pipe dreams of globalism and artificial equality between countries.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I don’t get wishing death and destruction on innocent people.

She didn't , it was meant to be a tongue in cheek pop at the President but the internet got all upset because.why not.

People are so serious these days.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When you make people out to be sub-human Nazi scum then it becomes easy to wish death upon those people .. because they are not really people anymore, they have been made into something less.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Starting a trade war is one thing. But telling the nation it will suffer is another, especially when it was poor trade practices on the state sides fault. Like the fat guy at a buffet barging his way in expecting to get their piece of the cake when they already have it.

Oh well Canada came out unscathed. Hope the Floridians all come out safe and sound, but I also would find it funny if the resort did blow over.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don’t get wishing death and destruction on innocent people.

She didn't , it was meant to be a tongue in cheek pop at the President but the internet got all upset because.why not.

People are so serious these days.

Speaking of serious...

Would you ever give the president the same benefit of the doubt or is it a lot easier to just take everything he says or tweets out of context to push a false narrative?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Starting a trade war is one thing. But telling the nation it will suffer is another, especially when it was poor trade practices on the state sides fault. Like the fat guy at a buffet barging his way in expecting to get their piece of the cake when they already have it.

Oh well Canada came out unscathed. Hope the Floridians all come out safe and sound, but I also would find it funny if the resort did blow over.

Yes, what was he thinking telling the country he's in a trade war with that their economy would suffer without a replacement deal? That's only something that's been said in what, I dunno... every damn national trade negotiation between two nations since the advent of international trade? Jaysus Christo, man... you're hyperbolizing standard operating procedures that have been in place and practiced since time immortal.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh yea, I forgot only the left isn't serious when they post hateful things on the internet. My bad, I forgot my place as a conservative.

Could you imagine if Trump tweeted he hoped many more babies died while being smuggled into our country? You and the rest of the left would have a conniption fit and the joke angle wouldn't be accepted. Hypocrisy is the only thing the left is good for these days.
edit on 30-8-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If he said he hoped Obama's property was hit he'd be labelled a racist and MSNBC would say they have sources claiming Trump will be charged for the threat on Obama's life.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

We had rather good trade deals without malicious intent. Why did it need to change?

Either way. Wishing for a rich peoples resort to fall down isn't wishing the death upon millions of Florida residents or saying millions of Canadian citizens will meet economic crisis over milk and aluminum.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Would you ever give the president the same benefit of the doubt or is it a lot easier to just take everything he says or tweets out of context to push a false narrative?

I would take anything the President with a large pinch of salt , why would I give a proven liar the benefit of the doubt ?

The tweet is obviously innocuous but Trump supporters got all triggered over it and try to turn it into something it isn't.

False outrage at its finest.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The trade deal changed to increase the benefit of said deal to the USA... that's how trade deals are supposed to work. The nation with the better hand receives the better deal. Had Canada held a better hand, you can bet they'd have been ruling the negotiation table.

I can show you dozens if not hundreds of examples of assholes claiming the American people will "suffer" economic damage from electing Trump, not only on ATS but within the MSM... again, you're grousing about something that's as common place in modern political discourse as "the."

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

When did we become a nation of wilted flowers?

So someone said something rude.

I say 20 rude things before most people have had breakfast!

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

His credibility is irrelevant. The point is you and I both know his words are almost always taken out of context. Just imagine Trump tweeting something like this, it would obviously be tongue in cheek as well but you know damn well the level of triggering and faux-outrage that would ensue.

Ah.. if it wasn't for double standards, what standards would y'all even have.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But, oh my gosh! Some random no-body Canadian official or what ever she is (I had no idea she even existed) makes some random jab tweet at Trump and people lose their minds, and Fox makes a breaking news segment out of it.

Anyway, the trade war thing is another topic.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

#Truth

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Wow, does she have some secret inside information we're not aware of? Sure sounds like it.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But, oh my gosh! Some random no-body Canadian official or what ever she is (I had no idea she even existed) makes some random jab tweet at Trump and people lose their minds, and Fox makes a breaking news segment out of it.

LOL!!! Trying a new approach to this now, eh?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just keep your mother up there. She looks too much like hilarious

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That's how i feel when i don't get my wheaties in the moring before i drive to work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join