It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Lunar Rover Has Found Something Weird on the Far Side of the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe it´s just alien poop

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Blaine91555

Wait...have you ever seen "The Tingler"
CLASSIC Vincent Price.

But the Blob.... well that kept more people out of the theater than Jaws kept people out of the ocean.

Oh yeah that kept me out for years.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Interesting! I wonder what this," gel like" material is! Maybe I didnt read clearly, how much material was actual found? Much fun speculation on this one, I love posts like these!

reply to: gortex

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It was only a tv movie in my lifetime. I never saw it in a theater.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Interesting! I wonder what this," gel like" material is! Maybe I didnt read clearly, how much material was actual found?

As much as folks around here complain that NASA is "never a straight answer," we're lucky to get any information at all from the Chinese space agency.

I wonder what kind of "gel" would be able to withstand the lunar environment. I assume if it has water or gas in it, it would have to be constantly shielded from sunlight. Chunk of an old comet, maybe?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yh, China, the land of truth and honour. They would never pretend that they found something on a side of a celestial object that nobody has ever been to or seen would they? I mean, China, lies, counterfeit goods, idea stealing, live puppies boiling in oil would never go in the same sentence together!

I call typical Chinese one upmanship bull# on this. Its all fake I reckon. Until NASA confirm it, it's all crap.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoBigG

They would never pretend that they found something on a side of a celestial object that nobody has ever been to or seen would they?

You know that the farside of the Moon has been extensively photographed by the good ol' USA, right?

I think we'll find that this "gel" is more a matter of translation than anything moon-shattering.

edit on 9/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Even more reason not to believe the Chinese space agency! This is OBVIOUSLY Chinese propaganda to make them look superior to NASA, which is never going to happen. a reply to: Phage

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Even more reason not to believe the Chinese space agency!

What is?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The fact that NASA has extensively pictured and mapped the dark side already. Then all of a sudden the Chinese claim to have "found" something there, on a barren rock in a vacuum. I'm very sceptical to say the least. a reply to: Phage

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They would never pretend that they found something on a side of a celestial object that nobody has ever been to or seen would they?

You know that the farside of the Moon has been extensively photographed by the good ol' USA, right?

I think we'll find that this "gel" is more a matter of translation than anything moon-shattering.

Maybe at the time the photos were taken, the substance was not there ? Just food for thought

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

China has also mapped the entire lunar surface with its previous probes in great detail.

Even the LRO is going to he hard pressed to see a small lumpnof something in a small crater.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
China also says powdered tiger testes cure impotence! Enough said. Like I said I remain sceptical. a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You can be as sceptical as you like, but denigrating scientific achievement because of some people's misplaced belief in abhorrent 'natural' medicines is a bit like calling America a nation of racist homophobic bigots incapable of achieving great things purely based on the existence of the Westboro Baptist Church, or that the US space programme didn't happen because of the dubious historical past of some of its key figures.

By all means castigate a minority belief system you have moral issues with, but that does not somehow disprove verifiable facts and scientific achievement.
edit on 4/9/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its a gelatine food and water source for the Israeli Beresheet Tardigrades that crash landed. I guess we wont know if they survived or not and multiplied for a few years yet.

The next man on the Moon best tread carefully, might be like Tremors or Starship Troopers by the time the next astronaut lands there. Or they may think its moon dust they are collecting on their space suit, but really its tardigrades munching on fresh space suit.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yutu (U2) -2, huh??
Wow! Cute.
Is Lt. Francis Gary Powers II at the controls of this one?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join