It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to find the average prison sentence for child molestation nationally???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would like to find out the national average prison sentence for child molestation..

I strongly suspect it is only a couple notches when you factor in those who get probation as well..

I would like to cross reference that with the average prison sentence for other less egregious crimes.. such as coc aine/heroin possession, robbery, burglary, exc..

I strongly suspect that every thing I listed has a higher average prison sentence ..

Separately , while watching true crime stuff I have noticed a trend of sex offenders who PREVIOUSLY KIDNAPPED AND RAPED A STRANGERS CHILD , being released and questioned in a later crime..

HOW DO WE EVER LET SOMEONE LIKE THAT GO?!?!

Our justice system is about the money.. it cares nothing about protecting the population..

Drugs and traffic stuff is insanely profitable... guess where all the police resources go???

Not to violent crime....

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

First we need to define "child" and maybe even the word molest before collecting data.

17 year old "girl" and 28 year old guy?

13 year old girl and 40 year old guy? (I think we can agree on this one that this is child-molestation.)

16 year old girl and 19 year old guy?

Consensual or non-consensual? Sex or fondling?

We have very murky laws here in Michigan.

Michigan: If a person is 16 or 17 it's ok to diddle them if it's a consensual thing and if you are not in a position of power, i.e. relative, coach, teacher, employer, etc.

But it comes with a catch/risk. The minor doesn't have to be raped, just regret it later and report and the dude is doomed. Or worse, the parents can file a charge on behalf of the happily consensual teen. Er may gerd! You're screwed!

Because it is so inherently risky, most guys just stick to the old 18 and older rule rather then end up on a list or getting the bubba in the butt in prison.

I am 51 now, so to me anyone under 30 looks like a baby and is off limits, but when I was 25 yo I would take a willing 17 yo anytime without thinking much about it. I mean, they were usually in the bars already because if you were a chick the bars would let you in that young here (in the 80s). Now bars are all 21 and older. You might not even know she was 17 or 16 until the next day. How could you even tell?

In today's world, if I was 25, I would be far too paranoid of getting in serious trouble for diddling an otherwise mature woman, who for probably 4 or more years was quite capable of conceiving a baby.

My point is, there is probably a whole range of punishments for a whole range of "crimes", some of which are questionable whether they should even be a crime. I have always felt that there should be a 3 or 4 year age separation max rule that would take precedence over the hard 18 line.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure someone will jump down my throat but it is just an opinion based on my real life experiences in the 80s.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Our laws make little sense, like this case of the 17 year old who lost her whole life living in a box under a bed why would they let the wife go? What is she teaching her kids and why did he even get a parole hearing?

This case, which has attracted great media attention, involves the kidnapping and repeated sexual assault of Colleen S. by appellant Cameron Hooker, an advocate of bondage discipline and sadomasochistic sexual practices, over the course of more than seven years. Hooker had for several years practiced bondage on his wife Janice with her consent. Later, Janice wanted to have a child and to avoid some of her husband's more painful bondage practices. Hooker fantasized about “practicing bondage, ․ on a girl that really couldn't say ‘no’.” The couple agreed that Hooker could keep a woman who would become the target of his bondage, but he was not to engage in sexual intercourse with this “slave.”

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JonInMichigan

I agree a 17 year old would not be a child..

However I think no matter what age group you tested , I bet the average prison term is a joke..

Likely 4 months.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JonInMichigan

At 29...I married my 17 yr old neighbor.....just sayin'...

*Please no preachin'...we divorced yrs ago
Michigander

edit on 1-9-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join