It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite photos show burning Iran space center launch pad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I didn't see this thread so started another but should probably put it here:

Not sure if correct forum but Trump just tweeted this picture and I wondered what platform took it. Resolution looks good if from space.
Tweet Edit to add that it appears to be a classified photo. The classification in the top right corner has been blacked out.

Not that it really matters anymore, but that they blacked out the classification in the top left of that tweet tells you the IC didn't clear the release
twitter.com...
edit on 30/8/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

My Thread

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

NP, thanks for posting the pic.

I enlarged and enhanced it a little. Right click and do view image to see it full size.

Here are some before shots.

ETA - Here is the tweet

The United States of America was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations for the Safir SLV Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran. I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One.

So, America was involved

edit on 30-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add tweet

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Here! I fixed it for you!

Ich denke, Nukes sind dann gut... Mentalist... Ich habe bis heute noch nie jemanden gehört, der froh war, dass Atomwaffen eingesetzt wurden ... Ffs..

Jesus Tippen tanzen H Christ 😱

As I said before, your avatar fits you well

Jemand....

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Trump you magnificent bastard ….!!

Nothing he cant do …………..

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Let's assume the photo was taken yesterday, I'd say — based on the direction of the shadows — that the image was taken roughly between 13:30 and 14:30 UTC. (I'm not aware of any known sats having this kind of optical capability, so it doesn't bring us much further.)

Correction: 13:30-14:40 *local* time (UTC+4.5). Interestingly, “USA 224” (a suspected KH-11 spy satellite) was overhead the launch site at 14:10 local time. Given the angle of the photo, it could have imaged it from the southwest after. H/t @M_R_Thomp. twitter.com/M_R_Thomp/stat…

twitter.com...

So is this space based or not?
edit on 30/8/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's always pleasing to see Iranian launch pads blown up and destroyed. Their own arrogance caused it.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I love this international intrigue. Our Space Force got them.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why hasn't ISIS claimed this yet? They try to take credit for everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I think Trump authorized it to stick it to Iran for shooting down our drone. He even trolled Iran today, saying good luck finding out what happened. I think he trolled them.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

According to that Twitter thread, USA 224 was almost overhead when it happened. So it was almost certainly a KH-11.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: IrateCanadian

No one should have the capability.

Exactly.

We should look at our own stockpiles before telling someone they can't have something.

Just speaking as a realist, those stockpiles have a lot to do with why we can tell Iran they can't have nukes.

Sure, its good and lucky to be on "the side with the power", but I'm not going to complain about having the upper hand.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Just speaking as a realist, those stockpiles have a lot to do with why we can tell Iran they can't have nukes.

I disagree , Iran has nothing to fear from the Nukes of the west they just highlight the hypocrisy of the American position.

Denuclearisation of the Middle East should receive as much effort as Denuclearisation of the Korean peninsular , then Iran would have no need for a Nuclear deterrent.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Iranian official mocks Trump with 'good morning selfie' after president tweets out image from secret intelligence briefing

But perhaps the most damning response came from Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, Iran’s information and communications technology minister, who posted a selfie standing in front of the Nahid-1 satellite, speculated to have been the cause of the blast among analysts, who also feared the testing could be a cover for the development of intercontinental ballistic missiles.

His post appeared to indicate the device was still intact and the rumours entirely unfounded.

Me & Nahid I right now, Good Morning Donald Trump!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: dashen

Good point. I am not sure if it is harder to put something into orbit or target something on the ground.

Neither are hard. One, however, is much more expensive to do than the other.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
No one should have the capability.

Yeah, just like 'No one should have guns'.

Sorry, Pandora's box has already been opened. We have to deal with reality, and unless/until there is a magical way to actually destroy all nukes in existence in one fell swoop, regardless of where they are or who owns them, the reality is, these weapons exist.

I'd be against destroying all guns, because they have lots of legitimate uses (nukes have only two uses: deterrence, and massive death and destruction).

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree with you on everything except the number of ways nukes can be used. I assume you are only talking about their use as weapons.

I believe they can be used for small surgical nuclear strikes. The trick is doing that without having it lead to "massive death and destruction". They can also be used as an EMP.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
I believe they can be used for small surgical nuclear strikes. The trick is doing that without having it lead to "massive death and destruction".

Yeah, I admit I don't know - just how small can an actual nuclear explosion be? Can it be small enough to just take out a single building? If so, there are plenty of non-nuke bombs (MOAB) that can do that, and more.

They can also be used as an EMP.

Yes, but there are also non-nuke EMPs - not that that has anything to do with anything...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I love this international intrigue. Our Space Force got them.

This is an example of how today's U.S. Military is using Lasers to blow things up!
edit on 4-9-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
10-11 million dead in Japan without the bomb... probably a conservative estimate, vs using Atomic weapons and unleashing the genie from the bottle.

I am certain the soldiers and sailors that were staring death in the face were happy to bomb them, I also see nothing wrong with people being happy their dad, Or grandad didnt die invading japan so they could be born.

Its a pretty epic failure in logic to get mad someone is ok with droping the bomb since it probably played a direct role in them being born.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join