It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's economic growth plunges to six-year low of 5 percent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: dfnj2015

mmmk, and?

If you don't speak in English with complete sentences I have no idea what your are saying, nnnnW, and?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I disagree with you. If we got rid of federal taxes tomorrow completely, then the corporations would simply raise prices to suck up any slack in the system.

Wait, what?!?!? Haven't you routinely claimed that raising corporate taxes and minimum wage wouldn't simply be passed directly down to the average consumer, yet here you are claiming cutting of taxes would equal an increase in prices as corporations would try to grab that extra disposable income? Make up your mind, dude. It sounds to me like you just have some sour grapes and an ax to grind against all things capitalism...

I think our economy no longer has free-markets. And corporations are gouging the American people by using analytics to price fix wages, products, and services based on what people are capable of paying. The reason we have no growth in this country is food and energy prices are artificially inflated because the cartels and monopolies have a stranglehold on the free-market.

No, actually it is because of idiocy like:
1. The ACA, which mandated Americans purchase something allowing insurers to gouge the hell out of us all...
2. Government subsidization of rents, tuitions, food, energy, etc... setting an artificially high floor which they'll happily use tax dollars to fund their Kept Voters, when a free market system would incorporate the have-nots into the equation and equal a general lowering of prices as businesses would attempt to find new, lower floors at which people could consume products and services at their own, personally funded levels.
3. The cost of doing business in the US is ludicrous when the various taxes and overly ham fisted regulation compliances are taken into account.
4. We need to allow failure, big and small... TARP was horsesnip.

I live in suburb in NYC. I can't just go out a hunt deer. I have to buy gasoline and shop at grocery stores. Now you could argue I could move. But everywhere I've ever been in this country it seems prices match what people are capable of paying.

This entirely depends on what you do for a living, really.

Getting back to the OP, it would be nice to participate in a economy that actually served the people participating in it. You have to admit 2% is pretty awful. I think there are macro factors in play that have nothing to do with the individual's buying habits because everyone I know and talk to seems to be in the same boat. Money is tight on purpose.

2% growth isn't as bad as you're painting it, considering it is outpacing inflation. That 5% GDP growth you're cheering in India? Not so much...
www.inflation.eu...
5.24% inflation in 2018.

The US saw 1.8% inflation in the same period, with a better than 2% GDP growth.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't know what point you were trying to make with your anecdote about your neighborhood, can you please expand on that?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Well, at least California's tent industry is doing well.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I think the cheap ones are made in China, these Chinese tariffs might hit urban campers the hardest

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Careful, you may give the left a new story.

"Trump kicks homeless while they're down by making tent city unaffordable via China tariffs"

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Only in the same vein as his election could have been portrayed by the media as "Trump displaces newly jobless African American family, moves into their former home."

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

could have been?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join