It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's economic growth plunges to six-year low of 5 percent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My God! The horror!

India's economic growth plunges to six-year low of 5%

Only 5% growth I don't know how the Indian people will survive.

It's too bad we have too many people in this country otherwise we would be able to achieve more than just a measly 2% every year. Oy vey.

edit on 30-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This is just gdp growth.
The higher the gdp the harder it will be to sustain that level of growth.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24591118]dfnj2015[/post

They have a lot more growth potential than we do. A poor person in America is like a wealthy person in India. In India if you have shoes a phone and a wristwatch you are ahead of the game.
They also don't have all the environmental or labor restrictions that we have do they?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

I have a friend that goes to India twice a year.
These people quite literally poop in the streets,,,or at least against walls surrounding the streets.

He also said they will build a wall around a property then build the structure inside the walls.
One guess why...

And only drink bottled water unless you want a parasite drilling into your heart.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

To be fair you just described San Francisco also.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Fair point....

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

To be fair you just described San Francisco also.
Noice✓™

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
My God! The horror!

India's economic growth plunges to six-year low of 5%

Only 5% growth I don't know how the Indian people will survive.

It's too bad we have too many people in this country otherwise we would be able to achieve more than just a measly 2% every year. Oy vey.

To put economic growth in terms you might understand...
Think of it like you'd view a flat income tax. Even though the very wealthy man (the USA) is paying an assload more into the system (The US GDP growth), when taken as a percentage of his overall wealth and resources, it represents a far smaller fraction of what's available to him than it does for the poverty line schlubb also paying a flat tax (India).

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Half the people on my street here in New Jersey are rich as Shiite. They all have two PhDs earners with big salaries.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Half the people on my street here in New Jersey are rich as Shiite. They all have two PhDs earners with big salaries.

Taxed into the streets, were they?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If you look at the statistics long enough they will mean anything you want them to mean.

From my perspective, money is tight. Ends barely meet. I am pretty sure I am not alone.

But I'm sure you will come up with some fancy talk as to why my complaining is some form of communism and anti-capitalist.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. Btw, your avatar pic is pretty goofy. Do you see yourself as captain America?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you look at the statistics long enough they will mean anything you want them to mean.

From my perspective, money is tight. Ends barely meet. I am pretty sure I am not alone.

But I'm sure you will come up with some fancy talk as to why my complaining is some form of communism and anti-capitalist.

Sounds like you live in a upper-middle or upper class area(around here, a street full of doctors is usually upper class). That usually means higher home prices/etc.

If you've been there too long and are not in their economic class, well, that happens, they build(rebuild, renovate) older homes into 2 or 3 times the square footage, landscape the yards and send property values up. They all go up and it drives out the people that can't afford to live there.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No, I agree totally with you, I'm often in the same boat... although I recognize that the reason money is tight for me largely has to do with all the extra dollars I have to watch fly out my window to cover higher costs to subsidize others, taxes, and huge expenses related to all the various growth (business and personal finances) crippling regulations the USA is saddled with compared to a freer economy like India.

Apply the same lack of taxes, lack of subsidies, and lack of regulations as India's earners enjoy to the USA and those of us with gainful professional employment would be living like kings and the US would post double digit GDP growth instantly.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Do you see yourself as captain America?

No, it's "Captain 'Murica" it sort of says it right on the avatar and, if you look closely, you might notice he's not wearing the standard Captain America getup, too.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I think they have cleaned this up now but:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, I agree totally with you, I'm often in the same boat... although I recognize that the reason money is tight for me largely has to do with all the extra dollars I have to watch fly out my window to cover higher costs to subsidize others, taxes, and huge expenses related to all the various growth (business and personal finances) crippling regulations the USA is saddled with compared to a freer economy like India.

Apply the same lack of taxes, lack of subsidies, and lack of regulations as India's earners enjoy to the USA and those of us with gainful professional employment would be living like kings and the US would post double digit GDP growth instantly.

Last year I paid 5 percent of GROSS wages JUST to the school district portion of my property taxes.

Yes, quick, lets make more school free.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
If you've been there too long and are not in their economic class, well, that happens, they build(rebuild, renovate) older homes into 2 or 3 times the square footage, landscape the yards and send property values up. They all go up and it drives out the people that can't afford to live there.

Oh sweet Christ, don't get the progressive liberal started up on a gentrification piss and bitch fest, please.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

mmmk, and?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I disagree with you. If we got rid of federal taxes tomorrow completely, then the corporations would simply raise prices to suck up any slack in the system. I think our economy no longer has free-markets. And corporations are gouging the American people by using analytics to price fix wages, products, and services based on what people are capable of paying. The reason we have no growth in this country is food and energy prices are artificially inflated because the cartels and monopolies have a stranglehold on the free-market. This is no mechanism to wring out any inefficiencies.

I live in suburb in NYC. I can't just go out a hunt deer. I have to buy gasoline and shop at grocery stores. Now you could argue I could move. But everywhere I've ever been in this country it seems prices match what people are capable of paying.

Getting back to the OP, it would be nice to participate in a economy that actually served the people participating in it. You have to admit 2% is pretty awful. I think there are macro factors in play that have nothing to do with the individual's buying habits because everyone I know and talk to seems to be in the same boat. Money is tight on purpose.

edit on 30-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join