It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia state senator charged with prostitution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Two consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want. I don’t know why we still care about this stuff.

I can see many ways it could lead to abusing people and to other crimes.

Why is prostitution criminalized? Assumptions of laws on prostitution First, that the criminalization of prostitution will deter the soliciting of such services. Second, that prostitution is a threat to public health because it spreads diseases, specifically sexually transmitted diseases.

I would love to see a ruling body of government with some morals personally.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

meh, prostitution should be legal, you could require a drug test and std tests for prostitutes, that would change the paradigm. The prostitute inspectors would never allow someone to do business in those conditions.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

meh, prostitution should be legal, you could require a drug test and std tests for prostitutes, that would change the paradigm. The prostitute inspectors would never allow someone to do business in those conditions.

You know the world is a sad and disgusting place, but I don't care about prostitution, what I care about is having people work for the law that obey the laws.

People hired to be officials and leaders have an obligation more than other people but at this point for anyone it IS against the law which is the point!

I think though that you are wrong, the places prostitution is legal hides more child prostitution hidden behind the legal scene, more purposely addicted women so they will work as sex slaves and so on.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

He also sent her a picture of himself smiling along with a message reading "now can I stop by" after she said she wouldn't meet without a photo of him.

Gotta love that a heroin hooker with a feces covered house with empty dirty syringes has standards.

I wonder who she would have rejected?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There are children and sex slaves working at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada? Do they make six figures like the consenting adult women do?

It is the oldest profession, banning it is like banning alcohol (or anything), you create more bad effects than you solve because no one really stops doing something because it is banned so you create an unregulated industry and enrich criminals.

You don't think if there was a safe legal brothel near this guy that he still would have gone to the sketchy crack house to bang a junkie?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

There are children and sex slaves working at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada?

Do they make six figures

How do you know what goes on in that desert?
How do you know who really gets to keep what, I saw a Doc on that and it was really sad. Poor Women are simply used by the same people who own everything else!

You don't think if there was a safe legal brothel near this guy that he still would have gone to the sketchy crack house to bang a junkie?

Seems to me a congressman could find a woman for that anytime he wanted.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

In order to run for public office one must believe that oneself, out of everyone, is the best person for the job, thus they are all narcissists.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Except of course he is not a US congressman, he is a WV state senator, probably makes less than the dog catcher. In fact:

West Virginia:

Average state representative pay: $27,860

Living wage in West Virginia: $44,823

www.businessinsider.com...-west-virginia-22

Maybe he might still have to opt for the crack house junkie

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby
It is not about pay with his position and title he can find Women, are you saying i am wrong?

Now days many women in bars will sleep with a guy after one drink or a meal.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes I am saying you are wrong, I really don't think the title of WV state senator is dropping as many panties as you suggest. That explains why this guy was paying to go to a poo filled crack house instead of not doing that.

"Now days many women in bars will sleep with a guy after one drink or a meal. "

I looked up a picture of him, he probably could get laid in a bar if he has any game, but remember you don't pay a prostitute for sex, you pay them to leave after. Perhaps he is married?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Most of the WV congress or the US congress?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
He was charged with prostitution? So he sold himself for money? Lol?

Surely you mean for soliciting prostitutes.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Well here we go again, why? Why are our lawmakers so sick?

Because they are human, like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

These fricken Democrats are sick individuals!!
a reply to: dfnj2015

And you rupes are worse as a whole.....

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
He was charged with prostitution? So he sold himself for money? Lol?

Surely you mean for soliciting prostitutes.

Not my title.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Well here we go again, why? Why are our lawmakers so sick?

Because they are human, like the rest of us.

Oh ok so we are all sick I guess. Still it looks like a lot is adding up within .Gov officials from FBI to Congress and Mayors all the way up and down . . I would not throw the first stone.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Who really cares?

With all the stuff going on in the world it's just inconceivable that they'd be wasting tax payers money on prosecuting two consenting adults for engaging in a sexual act.

So I asked google

Why is prostitution against the law?

They argue that a system which allows legalized and regulated prostitution has very negative effects and does not improve the situation of the prostitutes; such legal systems only lead to crime and abuse: many women who work in licensed brothels are still controlled by outside pimps; many brothel owners are criminals ...

Why is prostitution against the law? They argue that a system which allows legalized and regulated prostitution has very negative effects and does not improve the situation of the prostitutes; such legal systems only lead to crime and abuse: many women who work in licensed brothels are still controlled by outside pimps; many brothel owners are criminals ...

hmm... I think "google" is way off base here.

Prostitution is totally legal in many places around the world and most definitely doesn't create a worse situation than where its completely illegal.

At the very worst, a legal prostitution industry doesn't change anything, except free up law enforcement to concentrate on actual crimes... At best, it reduces sexually transmitted diseases and provides an extra level of safety to both workers and customers.

Basically, either way you look at it, whether for better or worse. Theirs no conceivable logical reason for it to be an illegal industry... Unless of course, the objective is purely for the government to police morality.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Oh ok so we are all sick I guess.

Some are, some are not, just like lawmakers.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

In Portugal, prostitution is legal, but pimps and brothels are not, making it not an "industry" but more of a personal thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For the record I find nothing wrong with being or buying a prostitute. It should not be illegal in my opinion.

edit on 31-8-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join