It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The size of food getting smaller and smaller

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No, my food isn't shrinking from china.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I mean, considering the logic of the thread, it literally screams, stop being FAT, eat more at home.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Please stop at your nearest gas station or convenience store and take a look around for a candy bar display. There are usually a few to be found offering candy at a special deal price. Now grab a candy bar.. usually a Hershey bar or some sort of Reese cup and check the weight now walk over to the regular candy display and pick up a bar from there and check the weight. The candy from the seasonal display is smaller. NO big deal you think .. WRONG. WRONG WRONG! Those new candy bars in the display are the NEW STOCK being brought into the store, yes they are smaller and yes they cost the same as the larger bars on the shelf.. Please check for yourselves. This happens with just about every product that comes in a display, ie chips, sodas, crackers etc

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I haven't noticed this in my country. But I know ultimately things like bread or any starchy product is manufactured and processed.

You're better off, if you have a large family, trying with as much greens and meats as possible. And if you need carbs, try the microwavable brown rice.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Buy the larger bag of chips at a Racetrac for 5 bucks you get a half a bag of air.
And a pack of donuts that used to cost a dollar a couple years ago cost 2 dollars now. I leave them on the shelf with a few more items.

I saw a king size pay day at office max for 2.78 the other day and I'm like WTH would buy that? Someone will or they wouldn't be in there but it won't be me.

I haven't noticed the candy bars in general getting smaller though. I seldom ever go looking for a candy bar.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Has anyone noticed that the size of food/packaging has shrunk considerably in the last two months.

I know this has been happening for a while, but this is worse than I've seen in 20+ years.
It seems across the board sizes are shrinking and product inside those packages are shrinking too.
Less food and higher cost.

I cook from scratch and have had a big family. I know sizes, portions and cost pretty darn well. This is getting bad.

My goal is to grow / raise as much as I can. I think things are going to get much worse much faster than people realize.

Very astute...a long time ago maybe 10 months Campbells soups were down graded in quality.....it was noticeable....its not only quantity its also quality.

Very true. It goes for a lot of products.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I went off of processed food a couple months ago. Now 22 lbs lighter and feeling a lot better. Try to find a good farmers market, and mom and pop meat stores. Its a mixed blessing, processed eats are terrible for you anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Funny food getting smaller. But people getting bigger.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Suppose most people are red-faced after a marathon.

Snickers not so much.

Was never a big fan of Snickers, prefer Mars bars myself.

Remember Curly Wurleys?

Crikey those things seemed huge when I was knee high to a grasshopper!

Nom...

Right , but now curley wurley isnae even worth it , its basically the same size as a chomp , wae holes cut oot it !

its a total rip off

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes. I have noticed. Cheese It boxes are way smaller but still expect people to pay more for less. Same with chips, my teens got a bag of chips and there wasn't even half a bag but yet they paid the $3.49 for it, which is a complete rip off.

For meat we get sale meat and a bunch of it and freeze it. We really don't buy snacks unless that are in school. It just the way it's been going.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Lol!!!! Okay that was funny!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rejectbluepills

try the microwavable brown rice.

We can't be friends

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join