It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House mulls Sen. Scott’s plan to cut taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.oann.com...
But you can count on the Democrats to do everything they can to derail this if Trump supports it. It suggests that the billions earned in tariffs from China be doled out to the citizens as a tax cut. The gang of Pelosi and Schumer will surely raise holly hell over this.

The White House is reportedly considering cutting taxes again to offset possible negative effects of tariffs on foreign trade. According to Thursday reports, the Trump administration could spend billions of dollars in tariff revenues on a new fiscal stimulus package. The idea, which was proposed by Florida Senator Rick Scott, would offset a potential rise in costs of imports to U.S. consumers and support GDP growth. Democrat officials have claimed the trade war with China could hurt the purchasing power of Americans.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Interesting OP and interesting how you posted it and killed the thread in one brilliant stroke.

This has as much chance of passing the Democrat controlled House as I do learning how to fly without an airplane.

The last thing they want is the Repubs handing out cash to people in the form of rebates in an election year!

And truthfully, the last thing they want is for "we the people" to have any more money than we already do.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Does it state how they intend to pay for these tax breaks for the rich?
The idiots have gotten the debt over three trillion already, it's as if they want a recession.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
The idiots have gotten the debt over three trillion already, it's as if they want a recession.

If the National Debt and deficit spending had anything to do with "recessions", why didn't we get a recession in 2017 after the Obama Administration set all time records for Debt and deficit spending for 8 years ? 😮 😎

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What is your metric for if someone is rich? How do you know who is going to get these tax cuts? Last time Trump cut taxes I got several thousand dollars and I certainly do not consider myself “rich”? Your statement is baseless hyperbole with no data to back it up.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Want to know how to stop worrying about how much money someone else has and become wealthy yourself?

Get a setup like this and use it daily.

No charge for the advice.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What is your metric for if someone is rich? How do you know who is going to get these tax cuts? Last time Trump cut taxes I got several thousand dollars and I certainly do not consider myself “rich”? Your statement is baseless hyperbole with no data to back it up.

Its Bernie hyperbole, or BS hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Read the damned thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Or better yet it could be used to complete the wall and reduce the deficit.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Senator Scott is urging the U.S. government to tax foreign companies and help U.S. consumers and companies. “We’ve gotta help American companies to do everything we can to buy American product, we get more American jobs and stop helping China, they’re mot a partner,” he stated. “So, I think anything we raise in tariffs, we should give back to the American public in tax reductions, so it doesn’t impact American families.” White House officials, however, admit they are uncertain if the proposed plan would get through Democrat-controlled House.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If Trump wants to be the master troll he should take that tariff money and spend it on some projects that Democrats would love to see get increased funds.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This just makes too much sense for the Democrats to support it. Let China pay for building our roads and infrastructure, for a change. During the 2008 crash I thought the best way to get money into the economy was through tax cuts but not the Democrats. They wanted to increase taxes.
It relay does make sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join