It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KOI-4878.01: The Alien Exoplanet Candidate That Would Be Earth 2.0, If Confirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The problem of elapsed time and lack of gravity could be side stepped when we have Artificial Intelligence.

We create intelligent nannies that are capable of raising humans from birth to the teenage years.

We send a team of them along with vials of human DNA.

The nannies grow the humans and raise the first generation.

From then on, the planet is inhabited by humans.

Forget communication lines etc, the distances are too vast for coherent interplanetary communities.

Just ‘spread the seed’ and let nature, evolution and time do their thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I was under the impression that a number of factors limit our space traveling capabilities. A few of them are fuel, the effects of weightlessness, effects of cosmic radiation, and sub-light speeds.

I propose that a gyroscope like spaceship could solve a few of those problems by generating gravity, limitless electricity and an electromagnetic field as a protective shield. Speed could be increased gradually, however far distances would still take a long time. At least with the other problems solved, super long voyages would be possible even if it took generations.

I don't understand why a craft or a base station with such a design hasn't been built yet. I'm probably oversimplifying the concept or there are obvious problems I don't understand, otherwise it seems like the best way for humans to survive long periods in outer space regardless of how fast they travel.

Tongue in cheek post. The Galasphere 357 from 'Space Patrol'. (60's) has all your needs.

Watch it zoom in an episode.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 30-8-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

That gives me a vague sense of deja-vu...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

But this star it only about 1075 light years away, so if we sent a ship there right now, it would only take us... forever... to get there.

A spacecraft using a Podkletnov superconductor propulsion system hooked up to a beefy power source like a Lockheed Martin Compact Fusion Reactor would,in theory,be able to reach KOI-4878.01 in 16.7 years,which is not that bad.With Joe Firmage's alleged gyroscopic inertial drive we could arrive at the destination in 4.1 years.
I think that material science will take us to the stars and maybe even beyond them.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
I'm looking forward to the results of further studies of this planet, exciting times ahead, hopefully. Another job for the James Webb Telescope. Its going to be very busy once it gets up there, pity it will miss the next transit.

Any idea when the next transit is after June 2020?

Around September 2021

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

Nice post/reply.

Personally, I don't think there is other life in the universe most believe it is full of life. I simply don't think there is, if so we hand have found it/something by now. Just my thoughts on the matter. Finding another earth like planet is nice and all but as you said, It's far out of our reach at the moment.

...and other life in our Universe must therefore be far out of reach. Like the saying goes, you can be in a crowded place but still be on your own. I could never take your stance and not believe in life other than that on Earth. How sad it would be, if it were true. In my opinion, we haven't been around anywhere near long enough to discover significant life elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The problem of elapsed time and lack of gravity could be side stepped when we have Artificial Intelligence.

We create intelligent nannies that are capable of raising humans from birth to the teenage years.

We send a team of them along with vials of human DNA.

The nannies grow the humans and raise the first generation.

From then on, the planet is inhabited by humans.

Forget communication lines etc, the distances are too vast for coherent interplanetary communities.

I'm thinking post-humanism or trans-humanism will be the next paradigm shift, as BlueShift is stating we need. If mankind can blend with it's technology and greatly extend lifespans or even achieve immortality, then that is one or two of the huge achievements needed to find other life or colonize the stars. The way quantum mechanics and A.I. is rapidly expanding, the Singularity could be closer than we think possible.

As for "spreading the seed"...is it possible it may have already been done, by one of these other civilisations and we could be part of the seeding?

It's a thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

President Trumps penis is also one inch long...but if confirmed he might be young enough and therefore fertile enough to make intelligent babies and blast them out to outer space and acquire knowledge of extraterrestrials and there-for make intelligent contact.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alfa015Do you think there is extraterrestrial intelligence in this exoplanet?

i'd love to go there and find out.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Einstein himself came up with ways to bypass it, such as wormholes.

No he did not. Einsteins equations show that those wormholes are unstable, can't be used for traversal.

You have to violate physics by introducing "exotic matter" to make them work. And should you somehow make it possible, you can say goodbye to causality, as any working wormhole could also be used as a time machine. But this also means that you can forget about energy conservation, and actually any conservation laws altogether. Forget about the universe, the reality as we know it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join