It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Student denied access to the US due to friends political comments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now are we for free speach or aren't we for free speach?

I'm asking because you see this sounds like the hate speach argument so often criticized by the right and hardly overused by the left.

Do actions taken against someone because of "hateful" speak cut away free speach?

Who defines hateful?

Will this cut both ways?

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: JAGStorm

Harvard is more about rich and prestigious people, not necessarily about smart people. Harvard does have some good teachers but lots of other colleges can afford to do the same, just not in all the fields. I do not consider a degree from Harvard better than a degree from many other colleges. In fact, rich kids tend to not work as hard in school, it is surprising what a big donation to the college will do to get your kid to pass with flying colors, a special tutor costs lots, the rich can afford to pay for help.

It's not like Harvard has a better set of facts to teach its students. The information they present is the same you can find everywhere. But the people you meet there can help make you a billionaire, if you're not already one to begin with. Just like working at the Vatican.

It is a prestigious degree that Harvard offers. it has more to do with bragging rights than anything. The thing is that a lot of people believe that Harvard graduates are more prestigious, maybe businesses hiring them think that the graduates parents will invest in their company. I do not know why anyone would feel Harvard is a better college than any other good rated college, sure it is better than a community college that just teaches liberal arts and non professional college stuff. They tend to train a lot of politicians at Harvard, I think they train them how to look people straight in the eyes and lie to them.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I find not associating with those who have leanings towards terrorist activities helps me not be banned from entering countries.

Those that are close to us are reflections of ourselves. If only to the outside observer.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Interesting.......so the students have real world experience. I am guessing post-graduate type work.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: JAGStorm

If this is a foreigner not a citizen, I have no problems with this. Why let someone come here to learn when they run around with people that hate us. You are a product of your environment are you not?

How can you miss the obvious? What if a foreigner wants to study in the US but an enemy of their posts some inflammatory remark on some social media somewhere? Now we're going to remove legitimate students because we're kowtowing to whomever posts whatever they want on social media?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Edumakated

Interesting.......so the students have real world experience. I am guessing post-graduate type work.

Yes, MBAs. You typically can't get into top MBA schools without substantial work experience. The average at most schools top 10 MBA schools is about 5 or 6 years - typically at top companies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join