It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Student denied access to the US due to friends political comments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: JAGStorm

Harvard is more about rich and prestigious people, not necessarily about smart people. Harvard does have some good teachers but lots of other colleges can afford to do the same, just not in all the fields. I do not consider a degree from Harvard better than a degree from many other colleges. In fact, rich kids tend to not work as hard in school, it is surprising what a big donation to the college will do to get your kid to pass with flying colors, a special tutor costs lots, the rich can afford to pay for help.

It's not like Harvard has a better set of facts to teach its students. The information they present is the same you can find everywhere. But the people you meet there can help make you a billionaire, if you're not already one to begin with. Just like working at the Vatican.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this one. I do think guilt by association is dangerous.

On the other hand, there are immigrant/visitors from some countries where we have to be extra vigilant. Unfortunately, Palestinians are not the most peaceful bunch and you have to be extra cautious about people from certain crappy countries.

Attending Harvard does not automatically mean you are not influenced by or sympathetic to terrorists.

The problem is if she was let in and did do something then the same people crying now would then say we should have known, just look at the posts on her Facebook page!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Attending Harvard does not automatically mean you are not influenced by or sympathetic to terrorists.

That is certainly true. The Unabomber was a Harvard student, and here's an article that implies that his attendance there was a huge factor in him becoming a terrorist, himself:
www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 29-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse

Harvard is more about rich and prestigious people, not necessarily about smart people. Harvard does have some good teachers but lots of other colleges can afford to do the same, just not in all the fields. I do not consider a degree from Harvard better than a degree from many other colleges. In fact, rich kids tend to not work as hard in school, it is surprising what a big donation to the college will do to get your kid to pass with flying colors, a special tutor costs lots, the rich can afford to pay for help.

It's not like Harvard has a better set of facts to teach its students. The information they present is the same you can find everywhere. But the people you meet there can help make you a billionaire, if you're not already one to begin with. Just like working at the Vatican.

There are idiots at every school. I can't tell you the number of Harvard grads I've worked with who were about as close to border line retarded as you could be without actually being called retarded...

With that said, by in large, the students at Harvard or peer schools ON AVERAGE, are going to be smarter than those at State U. In addition, the professors may also be more accomplished (written textbooks, published, etc).

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If you had read the article linked you would have learned that the guy is a Palestinian from Lebanon.

Probably a "squad" supporter. But.....its kinda hard to care at this point. All he has to do is take a flight to Mexico and walk across.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I do think guilt by association is dangerous.

This.....

That would be a lot of us on ATS.. There are some nutjobs, and even though we could 100% disagree with them, just by being on here we are associating with them on social media... right..
what if that is what this dude did... I guess we'll never know..

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

In addition, the professors may also be more accomplished

Yea, more accomplished and polished Leftist propagandists and apologists. Minds like steel traps, rusted shut. Almost all US Universities are a total embarrassment at this point. Probably find more "open" minds at Russian universities.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

In addition, the professors may also be more accomplished

Yea, more accomplished and polished Leftist propagandists and apologists. Minds like steel traps, rusted shut. Almost all US Universities are a total embarrassment at this point. Probably find more "open" minds at Russian universities.

Politics not withstanding...

I attending an elite business school. The difference was my professors actually wrote the textbooks or published papers used at lower ranked schools. In addition, many of my classmates had worked on transactions/deals that we often studied in class...

For example, in finance if we were discussing a big merger, it was not unusual for one of my classmates to have actually worked on that transaction when they were at Goldman Sachs or some other bulge bracket bank. Or if we were talking about a start up, some may have been at the VC who funded said start up. Or if in a marketing class we are talking about a P&G consumer product, a classmate may have actually been the brand manager on said product.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I think the lesson here is choose better friends. If you were trying to send someone in to do harm you would have that person not make comments, so that excuse doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great job. A terrorist in the making denied entry and potentially lives saved. Could have been another Omar or Tlaib in a few years.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Ignoring the fact this kid didn't actually bash the US, actually they do.

You may want to read the Constitution.

If you follow white supremacist sites even if you do not comment is that OK? I think people have been losing their jobs due to social media for a while now... This is about the same. The kid is also coming from a terrorist listed country so that is not in his favor, and before we bash Trump the list was created by Obama.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Great job. A terrorist in the making denied entry and potentially lives saved. Could have been another Omar or Tlaib in a few years.

Or maybe he wants to learn how to fly? The group that killed themselves on 911 were great people, had barbecues with their neighbors etc for years first.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
One more reason not to have social media or friends.

My misanthropic lifestyle is beginning to pay off.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The person in question may not share the same beliefs, but may very well be influenced, used, or unknowingly abetting a future terrorist.

Much like parenting, its not fun to be the bad guy and say "I don't want around that kid" ,however it's for the wellbeing of your child- so you do it because it's necessary to protect your child.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Free speech man.... We're given it. Why would we deny it to someone out of our country. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

No thought police allowed. This isn't the Minority Report

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Free speech man.... We're given it. Why would we deny it to someone out of our country. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

No thought police allowed. This isn't the Minority Report

True.

But what was said, how was it said?

Was it a plan to kill people?

Or just a general disgust for America?

If it was the latter, then they'd have lots of company.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Not really, that just attracts the lone nutjob label, they have all the bases covered .

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not really, that just attracts the lone nutjob label, they have all the bases covered .

So your employment options are going to be limited to terrorist, serial killer, or app programmer.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Doing a lot of crazy stuff in my youth I tell my boys that social media and cameras are not your friends.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So your employment options are going to be limited to terrorist, serial killer, or app programmer.

Or working for the government.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join