It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Student denied access to the US due to friends political comments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

The story of an incoming Harvard freshman who was denied entry into the United States after his laptop and cellphone were searched at the airport last week has immigration and free speech advocates sounding the alarm over the Trump administration’s increasingly restrictive immigration policies and how they are enforced.

Slippery slope my friends. Of course we don't want terrorists or sympathizers in our country but is this going too far? The student in question said they do not share the same beliefs and never posted a single post that reflect that.
I guess the question is where do you draw the line. Do we just give border control full authority? Are we denying the best kind of
foreigners in our country, the smartest? Isn't that what we want? Didn't Melania Trump get in due to being a "genius" or something like that. Would she be in the same situation as this kid?

I know the other way this goes. If border control lets this person in, and later they did turn out to be terrorists, would we be questioning why a person that had "associates" with views against our country being allowed in and going to on our our schools. I have seen these questions before.
edit on 29-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
" Are we denying the best kind of
foreigners in our country, the smartest?"

Don't knock it and then expect open arms. Americans have rights in America. others do not share those rights.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I bet his friend is laughing his ass off right about now.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Or you just seeing the desired “red flag” laws desired by the left in action?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Ignoring the fact this kid didn't actually bash the US, actually they do.

You may want to read the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
potential terrorist denied access is a win
yay tsa

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Are we seeing a systemic problem... OR... one agent over reached on one person.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So if someone you know starts bashing the US, you would have no problem if the FBI showed up at your house and detained you?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Of course if they were let in and then did something horrible, the same people complaining would be screaming to high heaven how wrong it was to let them in, considering their social media activity.

threat to civil liberties

Of course that is nonsense since this is a non citizen.

I wonder how many people in the world who pose a threat to the US have been educated by Harvard? Probably many.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I say win, win. Associates. those in his circle of friends. No retraction, if you want you may post Constitutional citations...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

So if someone you know starts bashing the US, you would have no problem if the FBI showed up at your house and detained you?

not the same ball park
not even the same sport sparky

I wholeheartedly hope tsa sends ANY foreigner packing back to their home country when they find any shred of evidence to do so.
no more 9-11s

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If this is a foreigner not a citizen, I have no problems with this. Why let someone come here to learn when they run around with people that hate us. You are a product of your environment are you not?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have freedom of speech as citizens, that does not mean someone from another country has it. I am sure we are not being told the whole story on this one by the press. In fact, I do not think the agency that denied him coming in can release all the details publicly, people of other countries are covered by privacy laws here, our government probably can't release the details. Would you want some government to be blabbing stuff if you went to another country and were not allowed in?

I think there is more to this than what we are being told. Maybe the guys friend is a terrorist, birds of a feather flock together. That saying goes back a long way and has lots of evidence over the years to make sure to consider it.

Other than that, I will not take sides on this issue, We are seeing mostly one side of the story. I do not even know where this guy is from, it does not matter.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Harvard is more about rich and prestigious people, not necessarily about smart people. Harvard does have some good teachers but lots of other colleges can afford to do the same, just not in all the fields. I do not consider a degree from Harvard better than a degree from many other colleges. In fact, rich kids tend to not work as hard in school, it is surprising what a big donation to the college will do to get your kid to pass with flying colors, a special tutor costs lots, the rich can afford to pay for help.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It was not very clear what was on the computer. We don’t have the right to make threats either.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If his friend’s views were ‘white supremacy’ and he was denied entry by association, the usual suspects would be 100% in full support of it.

What’s the difference?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
If his friend’s views were ‘white supremacy’ and he was denied entry by association, the usual suspects would be 100% in full support of it.

What’s the difference?

well now that is a horse of a different color isn't it

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The border control did exactly as they are supposed to do. Keep the mess out of the country.

To the free speech activists: you are entitoed to load off anything, but that does not mean you were not accountable for what you load off. Left media preaches this principle every day, so, hopefully that makes it easier to swallow.

But excellent news all in all. Less terrorists means less democrat votes. Its a win-win.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I guess the poster violated the US's T&C's.

I mean, isn't that the leftist reasoning for punishing posters who get banned on Twitter/Youtube/Facebook?

And really, before I could comment further, I'd have to see what was said.

Was it just mindless, "Death To America" rants? Hell, the left has been using that one for years!

Or how about "America sucks!" Well, we have leftist presidential candidates using that one!

Or was it something specific?

Who knows.

But if it's just criticism of America and Americans, then just look at the irrational leftists in the US. They have a crapfest on our nation daily!

Hell, they get offended by the nations flag!

Maybe the foreign poster wanted to be a democrat presidential candidate and thought he's speak the same way as they do.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well this is a non issue, all he needs to do is claim that he is 1/1024 part native American.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join