It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting wing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Somebody caught this little (apparently) wing thing over Lathop Wells, Nevada, last September. Uploaded some stills to MUFON yesterday. Very bird-like at this distance. Except for the contrail, of course.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If it's leaving a contrail it's not little. It was most likely a B-2 flying as part of Green Flag 19-01.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If it's leaving a contrail it's not little. It was most likely a B-2 flying as part of Green Flag 19-01.

I figured you would know.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Green Flag is less publicized than Red Flag, so it's harder to find participants for specific exercises, but there's always a bomber component to it. Sometimes the B-2s, when they participate, fly out of Nellis, other times they fly in from Whiteman, and recover back to Whiteman.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
B-2.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
afterburners on a plane.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
Afterburner on a wing ? interesting may be one we don't know about

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
afterburners on a plane.

I think thats just the Sun affecting a normal contrail rather than afterburner

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

I said 'plane', not 'wing'. Plenty of wing shaped jets and other aircraft in the world, but they're still planes.
But hey wouldn't be the internet if someone wasn't trying to change what I was saying now would it?
(Protip: look at the post before mine.)

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
afterburners on a plane.

I think thats just the Sun affecting a normal contrail rather than afterburner

Looks a lot like afterburners I have seen in person. Specifically F1-11's who get a rather large flame out the back along with a nice roaring sound.

But could be as you said.

But hard to tell when it's a potato cam gif as is to be expected when it comes to the 'unknown' on ATS.

May as well post a picture of a white square and say it's a photo of a Yeti in a snowstorm.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Looks a lot like afterburners I have seen in person. Specifically F1-11's who get a rather large flame out the back along with a nice roaring sound
You dont know the difference between a full AB throttle select and a fuel dump and burn display by a RAAF F-111 do you? If I had a dollar for every time I saw an F-111 do a dump and burn only to hear someone proclaim that "it was the afterburners " and trying to impress everyone within earshot I wouldn't have bothered going to work this week. And what of your "protip"? the post immediately above you shows a Peregrine Falcon in profile with a B2. Neither of them are showing any signs of afterburners, just a general similarity in layout.

No as Zaph has already explained, its almost certainly a B2 at altitude given its Green Flag. No afterburner, or dump and burn, just a contrail.

edit on 30-8-2019 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

And a wing is a plane in this case. A flying wing is a plane.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The wing plane was pretty high and apparently climbing. The two photos here show it creating the trail, which cuts off at some point and the wing continues on:

Wing in Nevada

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yep, B-2. You can see the details better in one of the pics and can identify it. I'm fairly certain 19-01 had three participating.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian

Looks a lot like afterburners I have seen in person. Specifically F1-11's who get a rather large flame out the back along with a nice roaring sound
You dont know the difference between a full AB throttle select and a fuel dump and burn display by a RAAF F-111 do you? If I had a dollar for every time I saw an F-111 do a dump and burn only to hear someone proclaim that "it was the afterburners " and trying to impress everyone within earshot I wouldn't have bothered going to work this week.

Well I am glad you're smart enough to know what I was talking about.
Gold star for you!
edit on 1-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
And what of your "protip"? the post immediately above you shows a Peregrine Falcon in profile with a B2. Neither of them are showing any signs of afterburners, just a general similarity in layout.

*sigh*

Reading really is hard for some.

I never said look at the photos to see afterburners now did I?

Now go back and read it again and see if you can work out what I was actually saying.

I have faith you will work it out on your own. (But if you need a hint let me know.)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
When you grow the pictures it look like a 2/4 engines contrail like the B-2 or something else.
edit on 2-9-2019 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

top topics

join