It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a little help with mass killings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
when I look at Google and DuckDuckgo, I asked a specific question. I was unable to get an answer. the question?

"countries ranked by mass killings"

Notice I didn't say mass shootings, just killings. I only did that to include killings where something other than a gun was used but multiple people died. It seems that info isn't something that can be obtained easily. I invite you to try it and see what the results say.

This is how the world can change to however "they" want the narrative to go. Truck killings? never happened. Knife killings? same thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I didn't quite know what to expect from your thread title!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I don't know what you mean.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I asked the same question in duckduckgo and got the following

www.insidermonkey.com...

I then asked this: "mass killing by countries"

and got this

en.wikipedia.org...

hope that helps

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

actually, that does. Thanks.
I noticed that most links are for mass shootings, but with the different wording, you can trick the man it seems.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Naw....I'm not helping you with mass killings, I feel bad when I have to mow the grass, the yard is full of frogs and toads.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Naw....I'm not helping you with mass killings, I feel bad when I have to mow the grass, the yard is full of frogs and toads.

That reminds me of an anecdote dating back a couple of years :

My son had a pet snail called Shawn that he would take outside every day for a “drag” around the garden.

One day Shawn escaped whilst I was mowing the lawn...

The song “Shaaaawns on the moor again... rat tat tat tat tat”... came to mind straight away as the double bladed Husqvarna slowly ran over his body and home...

“Drops mic and saunters out of thread whistling nonchalantly”

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Probably is not another common way people are mass killed..

To mass kill a bunch of people without a gun requires McGyvering up a way to cause the damage..

Or have a special occasion where a car would work..

So there may not be more than 2 ways people have killed more than 2 victims

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It helps if you specify the years to search using Google such as before Trump was elected.

First link that came up was...
www.pri.org...

Though the results still show a high number of Fake News sites (like CNN, MSNBC, etc) that show the US has highest number of killings and mass shootings which 100% false.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Only white and Asian nations (Asians are white for all intents and purposes in America ) are ever compared to America, seems pretty racist to me.

Oh my, oh my , oh my, lolololololol, Asians are not just.....Asian

And could you highlight where the Wiki or add your link where it says "Of the 86 countries where we have identified mass public shootings, the US ranks 56th per capita in its rate of attacks and 61st in mass public shooting murder rate. Norway, Finland, Switzerland and Russia all have at least 45 percent higher rates of murder from mass public shootings than the United States.", then we can read the information

List of countries by intentional homicide rate

List of countries by intentional death rate

Murder Rate By Country 2019

edit on 29-8-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Try "Yandex" search engine.

I found this!!!
"U.S. Mass Killings Occurring at 'Uniform' Rate, Say Scientists"

"It seems like there’s a mass killing every week in the United States — or even more often, depending on how closely you follow the news. And the more of them that happen, the easier it is to feel like each killing makes the next one that much more likely. But according to researchers who have combed through a decade of news reports on the matter, mass killings have occurred steadily for a decade, and one doesn’t seem to have much effect on the next."

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, in addition to the obvious search engine intent on obfuscating the query for political purposes...There are factors involved in counting, for example:

How would you rate/score mass murders/killings/shootings in Syria, Somalia, Afganistan, etc. war zones present many challenges to accurate analytics.

It's interesting to note that their exists no firm definition of mass murders - context: murders of people attending mass?
Stupid example I know, but is it more than 3 (or some larger number) in a single event? And to belabor the obvious, does one count number of events and/or total lives lost (per event?)

SHOOTINGS! Murders vs. suicides vs gangland vs. terror attacks. Good luck getting any kind of sense from anyone on the subject of mass shootings. Statistics are conflated or confabulated for specific purpose - there's no honesty in reporting. Also, no consistency in reporting across nations.

Factor in those pesky politically motivated mis-characterizations, and there really is no help available for mass killing statistics. Sorry.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Estimates range from about 150 to 200 deaths a year from peanut allergies.
That's why we need to bomb Georgia.

(post by funbobby removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

About 700 Americans a year die from not drinking alcohol (fatal withdrawels), that is 2-3 times as many as are killed with rifles of all types, perhaps we should ban not drinking. Won't someone think of the children?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
Estimates range from about 150 to 200 deaths a year from peanut allergies.
That's why we need to bomb Georgia.

We still don't have a good number for fatalities of people getting hit by coconuts. The previous estimate was debunked.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And try Mass Casualty Events. We use that..

EMT/ADLS

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Cool

top topics

<<   2 >>

join