It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your "Social Credit Score"???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

I could not figure out what was wrong at first. They also warned me not to order from the small American companies because I might get flim flammed (my words). They say this is for my protection.

That just makes my blood boil. Protection my arse!!! And talking trash about small American companies? The very backbone of our economy and middle class??? Grrrrrrr.... I make a point to patronize such companies. The more local the better. And I'm going to continue to do so.

But thanks for the heads up. At least I know. I'm telling everyone I know too.

Sure, they were protecting me for a $30 purchase? They are protecting themselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This is why I can still feel good about using Ebay, it's essentially just a marketplace for a whole bunch of small businesses.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Seeing as how i was banned from Facebook last year for 7 out of 12 months I'm probably going to have to move into the Deep Woods like I was planning all along

LOoks like your ATS "social credit score" is really great! 113!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I am proud to say that mine would be a big fat 0.
No Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter (since I was banned for blasting Liberals)....no social media anything for me.

And there's the political angle!

Criticism of anything can and WILL affect your score.

I would assume eventually your physical traits would apply.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I use eBay quite a bit as well. Especially for more specialized or unique items, if that makes sense. For example, I find some amazing pieces of fabric and lace on eBay that just aren't available elsewhere.

I love that about eBay!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: doobydoll

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Boadicea

And I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

...until you are not allowed to buy groceries, or fill up at the gas station...or allowed to cross state lines!

Then we'll be forced to TAKE what we need.

Or start a Victory garden and start riding a bicycle or learn to walk again.

Some of us live a long way from town.
Some places you can't grow much and the sun is changing, I doubt even the better places will be growing a lot soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I looked at mylife a few months ago.

Get this, My score was lowered because some of my neighbors have credit problems!!!

You know how people don't want to move into a neighborhood with a sex offender, well in the future it might be
someone with a low social score

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I hate mylife.com especially how it doesn't ask permission it just adds you.

What I did when I saw that pop up unexpectedly in a websearch is I took a few minutes to log in (free) delete everything it would allow me, and then set the stuff it wouldn't allow me to change, to bogus information.

Now there are only 2 accurate things about me, my birthday and name.
Everything else is falsified on purpose:
I make under 10k
I have a net worth of less than a dollar
I have 9 kids
etc
It's worth the few minutes if you don't want to waste time on the phone or pay money.

Unfortunately.
it is BS tho for sure

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I hate mylife.com especially how it doesn't ask permission it just adds you.

Yes, and the worst part of mine, under the comments part someone wrote something really creepy/stalker-like

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Don't deal with companies that practice this crap.
Set them out to the curb like the garbage they are.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

See the potential to control people's behavior??

Now you need to go buy something o Amazon, and move to a different location, and sign up for a pay account on mylife.com...and vote for this candidate...and slay more conservative trolls on FAILbook and 4 Chan...to improve your social credit score!

Think you'll just ignore it and pay cash at the grocery store when you get rejected??? Think again! You know that $12 steak you can get for $6 with the loyalty card? Guess what? Price just went up to $20 based on your score!

I'm telling you...this whole thing is totally Orwellian!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

And if you play the "game", you'll PAYto fix those errors too! It's extortion, and that was the point of the OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I spoke with a friend from India about this at great length.
It is pretty much accepted and implemented over there already.

He is not married and has a good job and needs to get married.
There is a calculator that calculates social score based on things like

age, height, Provence you are from, career, you skin color, caste, and much much more.
He even told me that if your job is one that you get to travel, your score goes up.

www.dowrycalculator.com...

This one is just a dowry calculator, but there is more, much much more. You are very correct, this stuff is scary and
it is happening.

I think we've gotten a small taste of it with social media justice. A man/woman does something racist and they are called out on sm and lose their jobs. Some people are now called social media influencer. We are not there yet in the US like China and India, but some of us already see signs.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

That's all fine and good...for now.

But what happens when all companies start doing this??

Sorry sir, we cant sell you a plane ticket to Hawaii.

Sorry sir, we are not allowed to rent you a car.

But if you go buy some stuff from Amazon and post on FB we might consider it. Sir, you really should expand you internet "footprint" if you want succeed in life.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I plan to live in the deep woods. Self supplying myself and slowly building up a militia to then take down the systems. Domestic Terrorism, they shall call it. Freedom, is what I will call it.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Soylent green is (old) people.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah, scew that.

Americans as a culture are generally (traditionally!) more antiauthoritarian and unique than the Chinese, so I like to think we will not as a whole allow this # to stick. Especially since I have never heard of anyone in my circle, which is very diverse, ascribing to this kind of crap.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Then there will be 'jobs,' of guys that literally just click around all day on behalf of someone and make fake positive profiles to benefit their client's scores.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i suspect my social credit score would be very low. my neighbours' opinion of me is poor. i don't really do 'be like us'.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Then it would be time to boycott and sue those companies. We have laws that protect us from such BS.

Wanna see a riot? Imagine the amount of people that would have a negative score. Now tell those people that they can't have something.

Oh... They'll have it. Like Black Friday kind of have it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join