It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your "Social Credit Score"???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not sure how it will work.

This morning for instance, going 50mph on the way to work and about 100 ft in front of me a big rig carrying gasoline starts to pull out in front of me... I'm not a morning person so I honk, flip him off, punch it and go around him.

On one hand he's driving a bomb, so he should really be more careful, also it's a pet peeve of mine when people drive with the intention "they'll be forced to stop", because no, no I won't.

On the other hand I was a dick.

Airing it all out, I think me and him would both be docked.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So, to your question of...'when do we take a stand?'; in my mind the answer is...'We can't, not until the Millennials see this for what it is.'...because, otherwise we'd just be fighting them, and not the real problem.

Millennials -- like anyone and everyone -- will do better when they know better. If the "adults" in the room refuse to set the example, then no one -- including millennials -- will ever know better and never do better.

In my seldom humble opinion, that failure on the part of the adults is exactly what brought us to this point. It's why so many millennials are such easily triggered snowflakes that need safe spaces to hide from the real world. Millennials are exactly what we made them.

I don't need to "fight" anyone. Millennials don't give me my marching orders. Millenials don't determine my self-worth. I don't need millennials' or anyone's permission/approval/praise to say "hell no!" I just need to be true to myself and do it. We all must decide if we would rather die on our own two feet or live on our knees. I will choose the former.

For what have we gained if we save our lives (temporarily) but lose our souls (eternally)???

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Interesting paradox you present. Couple my post with yours, and we have a paradox indeed.

Interesting thoughts.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Boadicea

And I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

...until you are not allowed to buy groceries, or fill up at the gas station...or allowed to cross state lines!

Then we'll be forced to TAKE what we need.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

...until you are not allowed to buy groceries, or fill up at the gas station...or allowed to cross state lines!

Or start a Victory garden and start riding a bicycle or learn to walk again.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I agree with your assessment on how we got to where we are... The only thing I'd like to add is I think all the age groups have equal proportions who buy into this new social media craze, as well as similar numbers who opt out.

I still have quite a bit of time ahead of me assuming 3d printed livers get developed in the next 20 years. So I really hope there will be communities in the future just like ones we have today who make a conscious decision to keep tradition. Communities where pretty much everyone knows each other, and while Jeremy may be a little curt, and we know not to small talk him, we still go by his shop because he has the best damn meat in town. There already is social credit scores, it's your reputation. But humans have a better way of developing an defining that than computers. Because while he may not interact with social media getting all those sweet likes... He donates excess meat and contributes to his kid's sports teams and public works.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Exactly! And it will be a "victory" indeed!!!

We might actually learn to barter with our neighbors again for goods and services as well...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Exactly! And it will be a "victory" indeed!!!

We might actually learn to barter with our neighbors again for goods and services as well...

I was just thinking 'barter system'...strange how we think alike some times.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

That's a much better idea.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
850 since I was a liberal when I quit using social media. The only downfall is if they can tie this ATS account to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Oh there is more...raise chickens in the city...cocka doodle doo at dawn, we don't even have to use an alarm clock.

That's a much better idea.

Not sure why my post was deleted, oh well, c'est la vie.
edit on 18CDT10America/Chicago005101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I agree with your assessment on how we got to where we are... The only thing I'd like to add is I think all the age groups have equal proportions who buy into this new social media craze, as well as similar numbers who opt out.

You're right. It's not just about millennials... Thanks for correcting the (my) record.

I still have quite a bit of time ahead of me assuming 3d printed livers get developed in the next 20 years. So I really hope there will be communities in the future just like ones we have today who make a conscious decision to keep tradition. Communities where pretty much everyone knows each other, and while Jeremy may be a little curt, and we know not to small talk him, we still go by his shop because he has the best damn meat in town. There already is social credit scores, it's your reputation. But humans have a better way of developing an defining that than computers. Because while he may not interact with social media getting all those sweet likes... He donates excess meat and contributes to his kid's sports teams and public works.

Excellent observation and thanks for saying it. I'm lucky enough to live in one of those communities -- for the most part. All kinds and sorts of people from all walks of life, but we appreciate and take care of each other. We have a couple of flippers recently invading who bought too high, improved too much, and now can't sell and they have not been at all courteous or respectful of those of us who are more interested in making homes than profits. But on the plus side, we all appreciate just a little more what we have here.

We need MORE of that.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Aren't they already dealing with it? Colleges, Universities, potential employers, dont they already vet facebook and twitter accounts?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes indeedily! I've noticed that too.

And it's a good thing

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes indeedily! I've noticed that too.

And it's a good thing

Have you also thought that we should be able to rate the scorers as to their accuracy. But we know that that will never happen because even on sites such as this one there is no recourse to show bias.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

As much as I hate some of where society has been going, I understand it too.

As things start to change so quickly, people in larger areas need ways to navigate the new times. So the credit score was great for when you go to the big city bank and they don't know you but would like to have a base line. Angies list is good for people who just bought a house in a new town and need to find someone who has lots of good reviews.

But alas, the founding fathers were prepared for this... We have state and localities with the ability to govern in a different way. We as Americans have a choice on where we live and the experience we get from such. You don't even have to comprise if you do it right. I live in a area of about 250,000~ people. We have just about everything you'd expect, and even so, you can live in the neighboring towns that don't allow mass development, where everything is locally owned, and life is just like it was 40 years ago.... With only a quick drive to all the amenities many of us have grown accustom to.

I try to remind myself as dreary as things may seem, it's rare through history people weren't apprehensive about growing changes, yet many places stay insulated from such changes. Just gotta pick the right place.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Have you also thought that we should be able to rate the scorers as to their accuracy.

Yup! I sure have!!! Turnabout is fair play, right? Fair is fair. But...

But we know that that will never happen because even on sites such as this one there is no recourse to show bias.

...THIS^^^. Seems to me that our best option is to vote with our feet so to speak. Civil disobedience. Refuse to play their game. Just say NO!

They'll get the message loud and clear.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

...THIS^^^. Seems to me that our best option is to vote with our feet so to speak. Civil disobedience. Refuse to play their game. Just say NO!

Also, in a society where business's have so much control in politics, it's important to vote with your dollar/participation. Sometimes that has more of an impact than your ballot every 2/4 years.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My "score" on mylife is lower than even the stupidest guys I went to school with. I think it's 1.3 out of 5....I mean, it is LOW. Is that what you mean? I don't see any system of social ceedit in america (yet). If mylife is any indication i will be an outkast when it all goes down.
edit on 29/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That is one of the beauties of the system of government our founding fathers established. There is no one-size-fits-all standard for all communities. Different communities have different needs depending on so many factors, including the resources and industries particular to each community, and therefore the wants and needs particular to each community.

I appreciate the "50 labs" our collective states represent. We can cater to and promote as preferred and required, and we can also learn from each other's successes AND mistakes. We can build upon the success of others. We can improve the tried and true. We can be creative and innovative for even greater growth and progress.

It really is a beautiful thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join