It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your "Social Credit Score"???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We've all heard about the Chinese "Social Credit Score" system being implemented in mainland China, right? Well, now it seems to be spreading and coming to places like Silicon Valley, and Uber, Air Bnb and others here in the US. Companies won't hire you if you don't have a high enough social credit score. Uber won't give you a ride unless you have a high enough social credit score (which, by the way, means things like not having bought enough stuff on-line, among other things).

And, it's only going to get worse!

So what happens when someone figures out how to hack the system (which they will) after all this is fully implemented???? Will there be a "Social Credit Score - Credit Bureau"??? How will you report your social credit score being manipulated, and to whom? And, how will this not be used as a political weapon? "Vote for this candidate or else we'll sabotage your social credit score!" More than likely, it won't even be that overt; they'll just do it anyway...little by little...until the opposition is paralyzed.

This is technology "working for us", people! Bottom line; technology is NOT working for us...it's working AGAINST us!!! When will people see this?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not sure about my social credit score... It really depends on how the people setting the system up views cats.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Mine would be zero if they found my f-Instagram.

ETA: More like -100^25^2

edit on 29-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Seeing as how i was banned from Facebook last year for 7 out of 12 months I'm probably going to have to move into the Deep Woods like I was planning all along

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And while you say that in jest, that's actually the whole point! What if you never bought anything on-line? No Uber for you. What if you were a member of catloversanonymous.com, and the people setting the system up hated cats and loved dogs...No plane tickets or Amazon for you! Who gets to decide?

And...what if you loved dogs too, but someone erased that from your social credit score out of vengeance or retribution?

Who's going to administer this "Social Credit Score" system?? The "government"????? Gawd help us, if anyone thinks this!!!

We're beginning to let machines play "God". It's a very bad road to head down, a very slippery slope!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Is the 'Deep Woods' like the Dark Web? If so, look for my RV.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Is this related to online socialization only? If so, it is a one-sided assessment, so I suppose all the old folks I know that reject computers and have a full and rich life away from the screen would score a '0'?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

...or worse!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I am proud to say that mine would be a big fat 0.
No Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter (since I was banned for blasting Liberals)....no social media anything for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am proud to say that mine would be a big fat 0.
No Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter (since I was banned for blasting Liberals)....no social media anything for me.

And there's the political angle!

Criticism of anything can and WILL affect your score.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think I'd be in the negatives... I don't do social media!

I save it all for ATS. Now, if they ever link me IRL with me on ATS... well... I know I'd be in the negatives!

And I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

...until you are not allowed to buy groceries, or fill up at the gas station...or allowed to cross state lines!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It already sucks. After Robin passed away in April I started looking everywhere online for maybe a picture I lost from a couple of dead computers we had that I dont know how to get files off of. Anyway during searching I ended up on a site called mylife. I looked myself up and my score was like 2 out of a possible 5 points which when the meter needle moves around is awful bad. I looked and it showed court records and arrests that were not me. I have only had two speeding tickets in my life. No jail no court nothing like that.
I saw they had two other people listed with my name as if they were me too. I called they people and long story short the lady said I would have to join to remove the sites she said were saying that was me.I argued with her and later looked after a few days and they bumped my score to 3.75. Thats better but it still showed those other two guys and arrest records and stuff connected to me and I cant get them off unless I join. I am retired for now trying to figure out how I am going to move forward after losing Robin. It doesnt affect me now but it could later if I want to go to work again or get a loan if I ever would need one. It stinks that this can be this way and I find it very dangerous.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Too true... at least if some have their way! But the simple truth is that those same people will not stop until we're all on our knees begging for scraps anyway.

So at what point does one take their stand? If not now, then when? If not me, then who?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Seeing as how i was banned from Facebook last year for 7 out of 12 months I'm probably going to have to move into the Deep Woods like I was planning all along

I think I would have to become an Archibald Tuttle (Monty Python's 'Brazil') type of renegade technician to right the wrongs of the system.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: dashen

Is the 'Deep Woods' like the Dark Web? If so, look for my RV.

hahahaha
that is the beginning plot for various horror movies
nobody still falls for that one do they?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

There are already companies that are rating your social credit score in the US. I Googled it a while back and checked out my scores with 2 different agencies. One of the agencies used a five star system of rating, the other rated your score from 0-1000 (I think, it's been a while).

I was surprised at some of the things that effect your score. Mention of drugs or alcohol or pics/memes thereof (even strictly humorous ones) will make your score drop as well as cursing, nudity or partial nudity, etc. Keeping your social media circles small effect your scores, posting with privacy set mostly to "friends only" rather than "public" drops your scores, etc.

You can check it out for yourself (though it requires giving them the same permissions as say any FB game) and they will tell you what of your postings is affecting your score- and it doesn't cost anything. In my case apparently pics with alcoholic beverages and news articles about MJ legalization really brought the scores down but I could give a rats behind about that.

Social Credit scores are already here, and just like regular credit scores I'm certain they will find ways to abuse them. I figure it wont be long before I can't rent a car because I posted a funny meme about AOC!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Too true... at least if some have their way! But the simple truth is that those same people will not stop until we're all on our knees begging for scraps anyway.

So at what point does one take their stand? If not now, then when? If not me, then who?

Well, here's the thing Millennials and future generations should really wake up and pay attention to....it won't be fully implemented in "our" lifetime, but it will in theirs! It won't be implemented fully in our lifetimes because we straddle that technology line. We still have a foot in both worlds and are able to see and realize the consequences of something like an automated social credit scoring system. But the Millennials, on the other hand, the ones who have embraced every single facet of social media and technology, the ones who blindly trust all this...will have to be the ones who really deal with it.

So, to your question of...'when do we take a stand?'; in my mind the answer is...'We can't, not until the Millennials see this for what it is.'...because, otherwise we'd just be fighting them, and not the real problem.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the valuable contribution. You bucking for moderator, or what??

This is a different subject!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join