It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anti American left-wing ‘by any means necessary’ doctors are in on it. Yes.

Just like there are left-wing anti American ‘by any means necessary’ judges who break the law to prevent deportations.

Doctors are definitely ‘in on it’
edit on 29 8 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

but there are also those who came legally... and followed the laws and policies they needed to to stay and those people are not affected by this order, this only affects people who came here and didn't follow the laws and policies they needed to stay here and have been using this legal loophole to avoid deportation. I feel like you may not understand what the word "loophole" means. This medical deferment is a great example of a legal loophole.

I don't see anything to suggest that this would affect anyone who actually has authorization to be in the US but for this loophole. If they have a green card then this won't affect them.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

If they have a green card then this won't affect them.

It will if their sick child is on Medicare. The Trump administration is denying green card renewal to anyone using social services or public funds. That equals self removal or deportation.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Is your search engine broken? here let me look that up for you:

"loophole
noun [ C ]
uk ​ /ˈluːp.həʊl/ us ​ /ˈluːp.hoʊl/

a small mistake in an agreement or law that gives someone the chance to avoid having to do something"

like avoiding being deported by claiming to have a medical problem.

Where does it say this ruling would only apply to children? Why should the American taxpayer be on the hook for foreigners?

What's wrong with their countries that they can't go there if they are sick?

Job stealing?

If she had a job then her work visa wouldn't have been rescinded would it?

So who told her that she had to go back to that same part of Brazil?

Brazil has some of the finest surgeons in the world and they work cheap. Did you think critically about that fact or did you just accept their insinuation that sending a someone whose temporary work visa expired back home is a death sentence for their child just because someone trying to avoid deportation made that claim?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

" The Trump administration is denying green card renewal to anyone using social services or public funds. "

That's not actually a true statement. Self removal and deportation of burdensome foreigners would seem to be a good thing for America and her taxpayers. Why would we want people to come here or stay here who can't support themselves?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

That's not actually a true statement.

Trump’s New Green Card Policy Disproportionally Affects Immigrants With Disabilities

Immigrants who are already on the road to be lawful citizens will also be affected by the rule if they are perceived as “public charges.” A person’s immigration status will be at risk even if he or she has applied for one or more of public programs.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Me and my wife had to sign saying we would not be using public services for her visa. So what's the problem?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Immigrants should not be a burden to citizens. We can't even afford to take care of our own citizen's children.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

I'm not sure how anyone can support Trump anymore.

Actually, Justice for people who came here illegally is for them to be deported, so, I don't see how amyone can not support him any more.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Exactly what I said.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Me and my wife had to sign saying we would not be using public services for her visa

Well, this isn't about you and your wife, but I bet you'd break that contract if it was a matter of your wife's life or death.

So what's the problem?

Wow! You're not even being rhetorical!

Even if you think it's okay for the USA to suddenly cancel a program in which people lives hang in balance, think about that secret, unannounced August 7th program closure, and a snail mail letter of immediate expulsion, giving recipients maybe a little over 3 weeks, probably less, to give notice and quit their jobs, give inadequate notice to their landlords, making them lose their rental deposits, find a place to go to, arrange airline tickets and housing, find a new doctor/hospital and arrange for payment for all of these things, while worrying about your child's survival!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I don't see anything there about paying for them. Actually I went 10k into debt to ensure I put no burden on the taxpayer, so you don't have a clue what you are talking about. These problems are the result of Democrats letting the system be abused for far too long. Where I work just spent over $2 million on an illegal 18yo who broke into someone's yard and jumped headfirst into the short end of their pool.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You sound jealous of poor people who are sick, or whose children are sick. You're privilege is showing.

$10,000 is a mere drop in the bucket if you or your wife have a medical emergency, under the wrong circumstance.

Anything could happen, and you could find yourself homeless and/or jobless, after a natural disaster, for example, and you or wife in need of extreme medical intervention and continuous care. You would turn to public funds in a heart beat.

These problems are the result of Democrats letting the system be abused for far too long. Where I work just spent over $2 million on an illegal 18yo who broke into someone's yard and jumped headfirst into the short end of their pool.

What does that have to do with Democrats?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Privilege? My dad is the first person in our family to get a college education. He worked his ass off to give us a better life. I wore handmedown and no name brands. I worked my ass off to get where I am and had nothing handed to me. I started a business and taught myself and saved money and paid out of pocket for my college education. My wife is a 1st generation immigrant.

There is no privilege or jealousy. You sound desperate to find something.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It’s not a law that affects immigrants

It’s ILLEGAL immigrants that can no longer use the “I’m sick” excuse

What’s wrong with that?

Deport them upon discovery. Immediately. Without delay. Without notifying any person at all.
edit on 29 8 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Doctors were "all in" on ObamaCare too. Now, most of those who accept ObamaCare patients are less-skilled, because payments for services rendered are less than what the physicians receive from employer-based health plans.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Did I not make that clear enough in the Title and the body of the Opening Post??

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My dad is the first person in our family to get a college education.

Yeah? I bet he didn't have pay upwards of a $100K to get it either.

There is no privilege or jealousy. You sound desperate to find something.

And you sound weirdly desperate to make this about yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can you tell me the percentage of people affected by this rule change who are people that actually snuck into the USA illegally?

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Did I not make that clear enough in the Title and the body of the Opening Post??

Yes you did.
Very clear.

It seems that some people don’t understand that ILLEGAL immigrant does NOT mean ‘immigrant’.

If someone who is an ILLEGAL immigrant is ‘chronically ill’: deport them. Be ‘chronically ill’ on your own country’s dime.

Everyone else has too.

Oh I know, if I’m in Ghana and contract AIDS, all I need to do is fly to Mexico, sneak into the USA and “viola”, free medical treatment for life!

Not any more!

Another reason to vote republican next year.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join