It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - Illegal Aliens Can No Longer Use Chronic-Illness as a Reason to Stay In America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, withholding justice (aka denying people their rights) would be the Trumps policy changes that deny Justice to those in ICE detention.

I suggest that you read this article. So that you can see what is going on currently with ICE.

www.propublica.org... -against-migrants

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Cool! You agree with Bernie that we need a massive overhaul of our healthcare system!

How does that change the fact that this new policy is more or less condemning sick kids to death?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

33 days? Sounds like the masons are behind this!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

America is the only place where sick kids can live? They do have doctors in other countries.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Isn't the claim the Right loves to make is that we have the absolute best healthcare in the world which justifies our exorbitant fees?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

And, if moving them across the ocean imperils their life... well it just sucks to be them, right?

Not to mention it might take more than 30 days (which by what I hear some got far less time) to get such a thing arranged.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's what happens when Democrats allow people to abuse the system with impunity. This is why Democrats should actually want to engage in discussions and be willing to be reasonable. Instead they have worked their ass off to protect illegals abusing the system at the expense of actual Americans.

Okay! Hitler would be so proud. You hit all the talking points!

You assert, without evidence or research, that the people getting kicked off of life saving medical care, and out of the country, deserve to die, abandoned and rejected by the greatest country in the free world, because they came here illegally.

You assert, without evidence, that this is the Democrats fault. Do you blame your wife, and tell her that it's her fault that you just beat the hell out of your kids?

This is why Democrats should actually want to engage in discussions and be willing to be reasonable

Trump likes to pander to them, but generally, the USA, including Democrats and Democratic leaders, don't negotiate with terrorists.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I can't speak for "the Right", are you saying that we have the best healthcare in the world and that sending someone to their own country is a death sentence?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm saying that we have better healthcare than, to quote our President, "#hole countries."

Do you think a hospital in Guatemala is going to provide a similar level of care to a child with cancer than a hospital in the US?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No need to cross an ocean to get to Honduras or Mexico. So that's a red herring.

No doubt, being a sick criminal illegal alien no doubt sucks, but why is it our job to make it not suck? How much of your money have you sent to help provide healthcare for criminal illegal aliens?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I honestly don't have any idea and it does not matter. If that mattered then we should import every sick child to America so they can get care here, right? If allowing a child to receive care in their own country is a death sentence how can you allow any sick child to be treated in any other country than America?

Funny how our healthcare system is supposed to be so terrible and it is better in every other country in the world, until illegal aliens can no longer use sickness as an excuse to remain here, then any other healthcare system besides America is a death sentence!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The kid I was thinking about was from Uganda I believe.
When I said send them across the ocean, I was talking about another developed nation that actually had a healthcare system capable of treating some of these healthproblems..
You are making a mistake that they are all from Mexico or central America. They aren't.
Just like you are making the mistake that they are illegal... which is also not necessarily true.
edit on 29-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh, come off it, how many stories have you heard of sets of siamese twins being allowed to come into European and American countries for operations to separate them, or children severely injured and maimed in war for sugeries?
And then there is all the dictators and despots that are allowed in for advanced medical treatment.

It's not just our country that does it most of the advanced countries do. At least they do if they have a soul with a conscience left in them.
edit on 29-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You are making a mistake that they are all from Mexico or central America. They aren't.

That's funny where did I ever claim "They are all from Mexico or central America"? Who made a mistake?

"Just like you are making the mistake that they are illegal... which is also not necessarily true. "

Let me get this right, these people who are subject to being deported but for this loophole don't really need this loophole to stay?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's not a loophole..
The deferment is a legal way for them to stay past their Visa stay for a medical humanitarian reason. There might be a few who've entered the country illegally, but there are also those who came legally... and followed the laws and policies they needed to to stay.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ben Carson is possibly the worlds most adept and renowned separator of conjoined twins so it wouldn't surprise me if people came from around the world to seek his services but that is not what we are talking about here, we are talking about people who claim to be sick to avoid being deported because they are not in the us legally. I haven't read beyond what was here but there wasn't anything there that suggested that this policy would prevent medical tourists from coming here to take advantage of the world's greatest doctors and medical care. I have no doubt that the reporting of this, like everything else about Trump, has been designed to confuse you and cause you to come to the conclusions you have.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

I'm not sure how anyone can support Trump anymore.

This move will have even more people supporting him. 2020 is in the bag.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Let me get this right, these people who are subject to being deported but for this loophole don't really need this loophole to stay?

Loophole? LOL

Yeah, those lazy, lucky kids with cancer, cystic fibrosis, HIV and other illnesses, exploiting humanitarian loopholes in US immigration laws to live the good life, sucking the tit of the American tax payer!

But Costa received a letter from US Citizenship and Immigration Services last week notifying her that the legal status that allowed her to work legally in the US, and Samuel to receive medical care, has been rescinded. They have less than a month to leave the country. Costa is from a remote part of Brazil, where she said treatments for short bowel syndrome are not available. “If he has to move to Brazil that’s it,” she said at a press briefing convened by immigration advocates.
commonwealthmagazine.org...

Good riddance! Job stealing leachers! /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It’s not about those who will be ‘kicked out’, it’s about those who will now be deterred from sneaking across the border illegally.

Every extra deterrent is a step forward

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

people who claim to be sick to avoid being deported

So, doctors are in on the scam too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join