It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why no one trusts the media:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

That was awesome, thanks for posting it. I used to watch a lot of Tim Pool during the Occupy thing. I consider him a real journalist in that he actually reports news unlike the fake news. I am super happy to hear that he is not a TDS sufferer and that he at least in this case is supporting Trump.
What no one seems to point out in response to this particular fake news narrative is that 2 of the four members of the squad are not "of color" or "non-white" as every single "news" outlet describes them as.

AOC and Tlaib are not "of color" or "non-white" , they are white women. According to US law their race is "white", the census clearly and legally defines these terms.
Funny how George Zimmerman was initially described as a "white Hispanic" and then soon after as "a white man" but somehow AOC is "of color" or "non-white".

So somehow Trump is a racist for criticizing white women.

edit on 29-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

real question: what makes you think posting the same quote for the ninetheenth time this thread will suddenly change anything? like i've just neglected to read it so far but now you've posted it again i'll spontaneously just click into your worldview? wild.

REALLY think your explanation is reaching here. if it had been 'not JUST yours' or 'not yours ALONE' i'd be totally with you, i'd get it. And more crucially, if it was just this one time, just this one thing, i'd get that too. but it's not, it's a long term, ongoing thing, and it's visible in all sorts of subtle ways.
And heck, some really really unsubtle ways - have we been reading the same thread here, where people are talking about cutting supply lines to the big cities as a positive move and a lesson to who the "real americans" are? the very people getting angry about people calling this quote out are reinforcing that reading, in the in the very same thread that they're complaining about people reading it that way! whaat?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Rand

I believe you mean Rand

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Nothin

For his base, it's decoded "real Americans" vs coastal elites and liberal mega donors, who are not real Americans.

And, Trump supporters like Luminari agree.

It's reminiscent of, and translates for red meat Trump supporters, that AOC and her ilk are not real Americans and that they should go back to where they came from.

Decoded? What does that even mean? That everyone is an American not just the loud mouth anti semite squad who use twitter to try to ferment "Taking to the Streets" The one whose supporters laid death threats on a child satirist's family? Ignorance is Bliss enjoy your blissful life

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: Nothin

For his base, it's decoded "real Americans" vs coastal elites and liberal mega donors, who are not real Americans.

And, Trump supporters like Luminari agree.

It's reminiscent of, and translates for red meat Trump supporters, that AOC and her ilk are not real Americans and that they should go back to where they came from.

SoOo....

Trump supporters now all have secret "decoder" rings so that they can figure out exactly what Trump said and the left doesn't understand it because they don't have decoder rings?

Just... wow.

No offense sweety, but it appears that you are the one that needs a translator for something that was a simple English sentence.

For the record, I didn't vote for Trump last time. I will next time, but not because I identify as a "Trump" supporter.

I identify as an American.

As opposed to the left, who really look like they want to redefine America.

I don't want it redefined.

I want to just be an American.

The left's current proposed policies cannot by any reasonable definition be considered Constitutional, so they are not what I would consider American.

I didn't consider the Patriot Act American either... this started way before Trump and isn't about party to me.

I typed that real slow and used the smallest words I could think of to convey my idea.

So you've a 10% chance of understanding it, I figure.

If I were single, I just might have to ask for your phone # and call on you for a cup of coffee and an hour of your time. YOU sound so much like my lovely wife. She happens to be beautiful inside and out, but the beauty inside part is why I love her.

ETA
Clearly I think you have that inner beauty for all to see.
edit on 30-8-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

This is why no one trusts the media:

There's also this.

link

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

He actually said this the country of Americans from every zip code, not just Coastal Elites and Liberal Mega Donors.

And then "he said": "This is OUR country...NOT THEIRS

As if Coastal Elites and Liberal Mega Donors, or AOC and her constituents and supporters are not Americans.

Our Country, meaning the country of the American people "all the American people" and not the "country of a few choice individuals", (who believe that to actually be the case).

Typical of liberal types who know what he meant, but twist it anyway to suit their own deranged arguments.

Simply put, Trump believes that America "is of", the people "all the people" and that some democrats think they "are", America and the people are here for and to serve them..
edit on 30-8-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The entire liberal left , the media, hollyweird, LGBTQ supporting kids dancing in clubs, antifa are just the scum of society.

Zero common sense and ideas that are suicidal

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

and the rest of us won't be subject to the tyranny of the masses.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
More damage control for another stupid Trump statement.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sorry if I am confused.

What does "'This is our country, not theirs" mean in the context of every American?

Becuase it sounds like the Trump Campaign sent out an email asking for money or signatures while suggesting that the Country only belongs to his supporters?

And anyone that does not support him is not an American Citizen?

Please clarify.

edit on 30-8-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is why no one trusts the media .... for the last week they have been reporting non stop that Porta Reco was about to be blown off the map ... when that didn't happen they changed the story to how Florida will be blown off the map.

When they can't report on the weather in a sober and mature manner what hope is there that they will report political news properly?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

He actually said this the country of Americans from every zip code, not just Coastal Elites and Liberal Mega Donors.

As if Coastal Elites and Liberal Mega Donors, or AOC and her constituents and supporters are not Americans.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but fair is fair.

The full quote was:

"Remind her that this country belongs to AMERICANS from EVERY zip code, not just the Coastal Elites and Liberal Mega Donors. This is our country, not theirs."

I took this to mean (and I think it was his intent to mean) that the "our" he referred to was "Americans from every zip code" . The "theirs" he referred to was the coastal elites. That is, the country belongs to all the people, and not just a select few pushing an ultra-liberal agenda.

I tend to agree. I'm a left-leaning moderate when it comes to social issues (although a fiscal conservative), but even I think the ultra-progressive liberal elite are pushing the democratic party -- and potentially the country -- in the wrong direction.

edit on 2019/8/30 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: pianopraze

He's addressing her wanting to abolish the electoral college and have the few Leftwing Costal rich "elite" control the entire country... so yes. I agree with him!

This paints the picture:

That's a good map, can also be used as what the future civil war would look like(tim pool seems to be a believer). Basically 90 percent of the land mass against the mega cities. I don't know how anyone could look at that map and think it wouldn't be the shortest war in history. The majority of the US isn't the MSM and Twitter outrage mob that gets all the limelight.

Or put another way, food producers vs food consumers.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Is it though? The sentence is a double entendre. And, if this sentence came out of a vacuum, I might be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, it doesn't. It comes a long string of questionable statements that evoked Trump Clarification Syndrome

If it weren't for the "send her back" issue, and the "not real Americans" accusations, all the haters of Jews and "they hate America", all the enemies of the people...Democrats, the media, the Fed, Bezos, Soros, Omar and Tliab. "Fox isn't working for us anymore" "There were very fine people on both sides".

Nope, I think this is Stephen Miller's writing, and that it was very carefully penned to be a piece of red meat to be thrown at his base. "We are the real American's, not them. This is our country! Not theirs"

edit on 30-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Box of Rain

Is it though? The sentence is a double entendre. And, if this sentence came out of a vacuum, I might be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, it doesn't. It comes a long string of questionable statements that evoked Trump Clarification Syndrome

If it weren't for the "send her back" issue, and the "not real Americans" accusations, all the haters of Jews and "they hate America", all the enemies of the people...Democrats, the media, the Fed, Bezos, Soros, Omar and Tliab. "Fox isn't working for us anymore" "There were very fine people on both sides".

Nope, I think this is Stephen Miller's writing, and that it was very carefully penned to be a piece of red meat to be thrown at his base. "We are the real American's, not them. This is our country! Not theirs"

Bla ... who doesn't invoke the "this is ours not there's" argument int odays political climate? "Not my president" and all that. Its just funny watching one political ideology feign outrage over such rhetoric and than partake in the same rhetoric in the same breath.
edit on 30-8-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He's obviously not good with words. If he would have added the word "just" , as in "It's our country, not just theirs", then there wouldn't be any question what he meant.

edit on 2019/8/30 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox
a reply to: drewlander

Rand

I believe you mean Rand

Gah! You are right.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

They are not when you have Omar calling for the UN to step in to "deal with the migration issue..." No real Americans would do that, only globalists do. Omar has also stated "9/11 was just a thing some people did." Or the fact that she even states our U.S. Armed Forces are Satan as she lied claiming the U.S. killed thousands of Somalians during the Mogadishu attack on U.S. forces which were trying to help the people by stopping the warlords from taking the food that was meant for the people of Mogadishu, which was portrayed in the movie "Black Hawk Down."

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

He's obviously not good with words. If he would have added the word "just" , as in "It's our country, not just theirs", then there wouldn't be any question what he meant.

Maybe I should have said the author is good with word games. If he would have added the word "just" we wouldn't be divided about the meaning and intent.

But, I believe that the omission of the word "just" is intentional, meant to throw red meat at his base.

You can see it in the post above. Electric Universe agrees, at least some coastal, liberal, elite, mega donors aren't real Americans. GRRRR Nom Nom...Red Meat!

Other posters in this thread have also expressed the same sentiment....even though it's stupid to think that what's he meant, they say, they do agree with the sentiment..."some AMERICANS aren't real Americans". "This is our country, not theirs."

edit on 30-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join