It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC Debuted Plant-Based ‘Chicken’ & Sold Out In 5 Hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All that comes to mind is soylent green.
Humans are going to kill themselves off some day by screwing with our food supply and honesty I can't say that we won't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"it requires 99% less water, 93% less land, and 90% fewer greenhouse gas emissions"

How can that be, it is made of plants, plants have to be grown, it takes land to grow them, it takes water to grow them, and they also need to be harvested. I am sure that the soy is full of roundup from pre-harvest spraying too.

Now,We had had chickens when I was young, I know lots of people who grow them. They go out and peck in the yard and they grow like weeds, being slaughtered within months of being born. They do eat some chicken food but also eat scraps from the kitchen. I also know people who grow meat chickens for sale, they eat in the fields, they eat some of their chicken food, they poop to fertilize the field. They take less land to grow than soy does, they fertilize the land they eat off of, and they eat lots of pesky bugs too. How far do they have to ship that fake chicken to get it to KFC, what is the ecological impact of that?

I do not believe the crap some people spread, a little thinking about it and it is easy to determine that they are full of crap when it comes to the environment. Right from the beginning I was against corn gas, the people saying that was eco-friendly lied like hell.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do claim to eat almost exclusively whole foods.

The statement that it's hard to do is complete horse#. People don't do it because they don't know how to cook or are lazy about food preparation.

In the end, I don't care what other people eat. But when it starts becoming possible that I'll be forced to eat something I don't want because the things I do want are no longer available, you can put me down for being dragged off kicking and screaming with ribeye in one hand and a chicken drumstick in the other.

The only thing worse than a political fascist is a food fascist.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: loam

along with like 90% of the typical American diet

You've just said that 90% of Americans are retarded. I disagree, Americans are very smart people, and they, beg me pardon, do not eat processed foods, as it is widely known, they eat oil.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sooo..

Super duper processed fake "food" as an alternative to the already disturbing stuff they call "food" in most fast food products?

A fake version of already horrific "food?"

Thatll be a hard pass for me..

On a sidenote, Im surprised this stuff hasnt reached this point years ago. Process something enough and add enough chemicals and you can make anything taste like anything. "Good," even. Their target market wont care.

Either way, Ill stick with the all natural options.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I strongly suspect most fast food is all various forms of reconstituted paste that resembled food-like substances flavored with various concentrations of fat, salt, and sugar and nothing else and that's about how complex the average American palette is anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Serdgiam

I strongly suspect most fast food is all various forms of reconstituted paste that resembled food-like substances flavored with various concentrations of fat, salt, and sugar and nothing else and that's about how complex the average American palette is anymore.

I went on an extreme clean eating diet for several months. We decided to go out for a treat and have cold stone ice cream.
I could not eat it at all, it tasted exactly like butter, pure butter.

I also had surgery and did not have whole food for over two weeks. When I was finally able to eat, everything had a peppery/spicy taste, it was so bizarre. The other thing that shocked me was that my sense of smell was magnified beyond belief, and I have an above average sense of smell. The lilacs were in bloom, my favorite flower. I couldn't stand how they smelled, it was sickening.
It is amazing how much your palette will change when you eat clean.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember that once I had a nostalgia trip for Long John Silver's which used to be one of my favorites growing, so my husband indulged me.

Keep in mind that I am a total saltoholic, but we came out of there and the food was so salty that my mouth was tingling.

Then there was the oatmeal cream pie experience. I've never been a big sweet tooth. That icing they use on cakes? It makes me physically ill and always has. But I used to love Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. So I went on another nostalgia trip and had one, and it was so sweet my pancreas practically curled up and died.

Eating your own food most of the time does change your palette.

Of course, so will medications though. I take an anti-seizure med for migraines, and it knocked me right off most standard pizza red sauces.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't see this replacing meat for all the carnivores LOL not for me at least, number 1 this stuff is more expensive number 2 while it has good reviews from the non-meat eaters as a good substitute. Not so with the meat lovers, we had the Impossible Whopper and it reminded all of us of school hamburgers. It was edible but you aren't gonna have that craving factor. Number 3 not only taste but the texture is off, its too soft to consistent not like a hamburger at all.

Think most of this is restaurants in particular fast food places losing a bit of their business, so hoping to offer quasi healthy options will get people trying them again. Cause honestly most KFC places are gross, and I LOVE fried chicken but will never go there, because there are much much better options.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Do not want

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is no winning

No matter what we do we are not smart enough to out run our own dim shadows. We definitely eat to much meat. Long live fast food fakery! I will just stick with falafel but go to town fellas.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Did you know some parts of a pine tree are edible ? - Euell Gibbons
Pine Tree Pork , anyone ?
We got Pea Chicken

Even better, you can brew a tasty beer from spruce, too.

Probably need the beer to digest the bark..

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I watch the Townsends. That video came up in my feed last night, but I didn't watch it... I watched one about 18th Century fried chicken recipe. I'll watch spruce beer tonight.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually not that hard to eat a mostly whole food diet. It's just that most people aren't willing to cook most of their own meals.

unless you have a cow in the back yard with chickens and a full organic garden your NOT eating a whole food diet. your eating processed american diet just like the rest of us.

you mill your own flour, churn your own butter, where does the sugar come from? make all your pasta sauce and pickles too? how do you make your own cereal and bake all that bread? i run out of time just growing all the produce for my family.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Most foods are processed, even whole ones. You provided an example:

you mill your own flour, churn your own butter,

Milling flour is processing grain. Churning butter requires separating butterfat from the whole milk, then churning it... two processes that do not occur in nature.
I eat steel cut oats nearly every morning for breakfast. Oats require processing. For steel cut oats, the oats have to be cleaned, hulled (oat hulls are not digestible), kilned and then cut. None of this processing makes them unhealthy, only makes them pleasant to eat. I consider steel cut oats to be a whole food.

I like to stay away from highly processed foods. Highly processed foods usually add a lot of ingredients to make things unlike what they naturally are, like turning plants into chicken, or scrap fish parts and crab shells into 'crab meat'.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a bantam rooster who is so evil but the ladies love him. The other3 roosters fear him.
a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I’ll be more impressed when you can get a side order of peas to go with your mashed potatoes (not the instant currently served) and good fried chicken at KFC.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Churning butter actually isn't that hard. Pop heavy cream into the food processor or blender and let it rip. Wow, look at that, once things separate, you got butter ....

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Remember when soy was the new healthy alternative? And then for years we had soy products shoved down our throats.

Now apparently, soy is bad, or so I'm gathering from a few of the comments in this thread.

How many years before they tell us that actually, eating a bunch of pea protein is bad for us and is causing girls to grow schlongs or something?

Come on, people, and stop falling for every damn thing they whip you up about.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join