It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC Debuted Plant-Based ‘Chicken’ & Sold Out In 5 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

now, cue the triggered "meat is manly or whatever" crowd...

Then allow me to step up to the plate.

We are talking about highly processed foods that I don't care what anyone says can't be better than whole foods.

Normally I would say to each his own, but that isn't really what's happening with this new phenomena. Already I'm hearing calls for legislation that would encourage, in fact make it a requirement, that these fake foods replace actual natural proteins.

But I suppose the cycle is becoming complete. Now I can have fake food, accompanied by fake social media friends and fake news. VR can provide me with fake experiences.

What more can a person ask for?

The CEO of Wholefoods agrees with you. When questioned about about the plant based ‘chicken’ that they sell, he said that it is a highly processed food and that he is against eating them.
CNBC
edit on b000000312019-08-28T14:37:31-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 28 Aug 2019 14:37:31 -0500200000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did you know some parts of a pine tree are edible ? - Euell Gibbons
Pine Tree Pork , anyone ?
We got Pea Chicken

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmm?

Sorry, all this talk of deep-fried dried, reconstituted artificially shaped, molded and colored pea paste made me hungry. Had to eat some hommade baked chicken thighs and drink some fresh limemade (squeezed the limes myself).

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"& Sold Out In 5 Hours" They didn't say they were so good they sold Out In 5 Hours, I rather think it was curiosity.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm making a rack of ribs right now as we speak, with the said limade.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why would you want food that lies to you? The additives and manipulations to make plant into chicken is not healthy.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
Well if you ever want to NOT feel bad about eating chickens, come to my house. I have a couple vicious little monsters that will make you cackle with glee the next time you eat them.

As for this fake chicken? I'll take my peas fresh from the garden, thank you. Vegans, your welcome to it all.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am glad that vegans have an option available to them. As long as they don’t expect the rest of us to eat spurious meat products.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
#1 rule of eating healthy is lowest ingredient list possible.
From what I've seen from all the "healthy" beyond meat stuff, the ingredient list is huge. Also a lot of oils that can't possibly be good for you.

I'll stick to a low meat diet, thank you very much.

edit on 28-8-2019 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know. I was thinking this stuff is great for people who want to pretend they're eating meat they aren't and for people who need to eat their peas but have to pretend they're something else in order to accomplish it.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
a reply to: waftist

Yuck. Talk about super processed food. No thanks.

I'll go with natural, not processed food. If I want plants I'll eat plants, if I want meat I'll eat meat. All natural, please.

To bad under the new green deal all meats will be done away with you will only have plant based and meat grown in a lab. Welcome to the new green deal.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

We are talking about highly processed foods that I don't care what anyone says can't be better than whole foods.

"By definition, a processed food is a food item that has had a series of mechanical or chemical operations performed on it to change or preserve it."

do you want to know the #1 processed food to avoid eating because its terrible for you: BACON!!!

and your right the beyond burgers are processed... but so is soda, juice, seltzer, all canned goods, boxed dinner mixes (rice, couscous, etc), juices, chips, breaded fish, lunch meat, anything frozen, # pretty much every snack, breakfast cereal, pastry you can imagine, along with like 90% of the typical American diet. you have to go to some pretty extraordinary lengths to eat a "whole food" diet in America. yes people do it, i'm sure you will claim you do it too. but in reality is like 5% of the population that gives 2 hoots about processed food. this is America remember, the school lunches are sourced from the same suppliers as fast food chains.

My daughter plays with fake food in her kitchen set, these are made out of peas. last time i checked peas are food. so is rice and coconut oil. Peas are a natural source of protein as well Beans are too did you know that!!!... where do you come up with this crap lol

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It sounds like you don't have to slaughter animals now, you can buy your bacon at the store, as much as you like. In a nice hygienic package.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Another health fad that in reality is not very healthy for you. And the human race's ongoing love affair with arrested development.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

good point, I am going to switch to straight pork belly.

soda, juice, seltzer, all canned goods, boxed dinner mixes (rice, couscous, etc), juices, chips, breaded fish, lunch meat, anything frozen, # pretty much every snack, breakfast cereal, pastry you can imagine, along with like 90% of the typical American diet.

Yup, 90% of the crap in the supermarket is crap, pretty much the whole grocery store outside of the meat and produce sections. Of course a lot of us Americans also like to garden and hunt at least some of our food and then you have to process that yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Actually not that hard to eat a mostly whole food diet. It's just that most people aren't willing to cook most of their own meals.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Could this be how Zombieland 2 starts?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Had the beyond burger...really good..

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link