It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just going to leave this right here

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The video pretty much speaks for itself. I find it pretty comical. Enjoy

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
The video pretty much speaks for itself. I find it pretty comical. Enjoy

There was another case with a journalist who had to admit she was wrong about how easy it is to purchase a gun at Wal-Mart.

A big problem with the anti-gun crowd is they argue from a position of ignorance and emotion instead of facts. As such, you cannot have a reasoned or logical discussion on how to get to any kind of solutions to the problems with gun violence.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One of the things that frustrates me is that the anti-gun crowd refuses to educate themselves.

It is fairly easy to get a solid dataset of gun violence. We have the data from FBI on types of weapons used, geography, demographics, etc. Whether illegal or legal guns are being used to commit crimes, etc.

In addition, we also know how guns perform and the types of firearms available to the public.

Yet, we have anti-gunners thinking AR means Assault Rifle... Alledging that any Joe Schmoe can by Uzi's and AK-47s at Wal-Mart. We have fake definitions of firearms being used... Pistol grips and lasers make bullets fly faster! We have people claiming semi-auto = automatic. Bullets going around corners.

We can't have a reasoned discussion because one side simply will not inform themselves to even have a basic rudimentary understanding of facts pertaining to the topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

That explains why they are always trying to pass more restrictions on law abiding gun owners, because they don't even qualify!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Couldn't have said it better!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Theirs is mostly an emotional argument.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

they argue from a position of ignorance and emotion instead of facts

Another thing that's problematic with the Leftists, (they aren't in any form "Liberal") is that they are now saying thinks like, "keep the facts, we want the truth!"

Interesting idea; sort of admitting that their "truths" aren't fact based. Its all about how they "feel".

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me of that news report no one ever got to see about how easy it would be to replicate the OKC bombing. Anyone recall that? That's right. No one does ... because the idiot news crew that tried it got arrested.

Yeah, one of the major news stations thought it would be fun to replicate the steps of Nichols, McVeigh and crew exactly so many years after the bombing to prove how easy it would be to do it again because, you know, flyover hicks and stuff. They did it exactly! Same businesses and everything.

They rented the truck and attempted to buy the fertilizer. They got denied at that step and were arrested on the highway outside of town.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There was a time when thread standards were enforced. a reply to: slapjacks

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

hahaha, okay.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I feel like its one thing to argue so fervently from a position of ignorance.

But, its a whole nother level to constantly and repeatedly have that ignorance brought to light and.. just keep on truckin.

Shows their approach and perspective pretty clearly, in my opinion. There is no honesty there, no debate.. Certainly no consideration of the possibility they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Simplicity itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm surprised by the lack of outrage over this.

The guy wasn't convicted of anything and last time I checked alcohol is still legal.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why even bother going though all the hassle of buying one from a gun store, when you could just as easily buy a AK47 or 50 calibre rifle from someone on craigslist (or online)... no background check or questions asked.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Why even bother going though all the hassle of buying one from a gun store, when you could just as easily buy a AK47 or 50 calibre rifle from someone on craigslist (or online)... no background check or questions asked.

Are you saying there is a”black market”. Like for stolen goods and drugs for example......... Well, I am surprised.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
One of the things that frustrates me is that the anti-gun crowd refuses to educate themselves.

It is fairly easy to get a solid dataset of gun violence. We have the data from FBI on types of weapons used, geography, demographics, etc. Whether illegal or legal guns are being used to commit crimes, etc.

In addition, we also know how guns perform and the types of firearms available to the public.

Yet, we have anti-gunners thinking AR means Assault Rifle... Alledging that any Joe Schmoe can by Uzi's and AK-47s at Wal-Mart. We have fake definitions of firearms being used... Pistol grips and lasers make bullets fly faster! We have people claiming semi-auto = automatic. Bullets going around corners.

We can't have a reasoned discussion because one side simply will not inform themselves to even have a basic rudimentary understanding of facts pertaining to the topic.

Not to mention most of their talking points, the ones that will "solve the problem" are already all right there, on the form you fill out to buy one.

A good start would be if they would just read the damn form and see what is actually there before wanting to change the process.

But like everything, why educate, why form your own opinion, just parrot the lines and get handed your cracker(twitter like).

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Are you saying there is a”black market”. Like for stolen goods and drugs for example......... Well, I am surprised.

Well no... if you actually had of watched the video I posted, you would have seen it was of a journalist purchasing an AK47 and also a 50 calibre rife from a private seller, without any kind of background check, which is obviously legal in some states.

Not even trying to make some kind of anti gun statement about it either... Just simply pointing out the facts to people who claim its not that easy.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Well no... if you actually had of watched the video I posted, you would have seen it was of a journalist purchasing an AK47 and also a 50 calibre rife from a private seller, without any kind of background check, which is obviously legal in some states.

Not even trying to make some kind of anti gun statement about it either... Just simply pointing out the facts to people who claim its not that easy.

So? Your saying arranging to meet through Craigslist makes it legal to sale a firearm to a felon for example?

Or arranging to meet through Craigslist makes it legal for a felon to by a firearm for example?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Why didn’t they do a special on how easy it is for a peace nick to buy illegal drugs? An industry responsible for more deaths, savagery, and corruption than Craigslist fueled by hypocritical peace nicks?

new topics

top topics

join