It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Anyway Boris basically just ran to the Queen mummy to ask for more playtime to get what he wants !

and the queen wasnt elected by any of us in the Uk .

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Being on the other side of the pond can't grasp the deal very well, but to me it looks like to be or not under the rule of the globalists in Belgium.
When Argentina invaded the Falklands do remember my father (a WWII vet) saying: those idiots don't know what they got themselves into, England is a country with cojones, they stood alone against Hitler and fought bravely.....the rest is history.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A no-confidence vote has got to be in the works somehow.

If he wins the no confidence vote he carries on, if he loses he dissolves parliament and calls a general election. Meanwhile we leave the EU by default on 31st October.

BTW, who picks these dates. What a terrible date to choose.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

You have it about right.

Funny, but I was drinking with an air cav guy back in 94 who spent all night going on about the Falklands.
Funny lad, and his nam stories were awesome.

He reckoned we should all team up (the English speaking countries) and take over the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Happy Halloween/Samhain i guess.

Whats the bet not many weans dress up as Boris this year, or any other for that matter?
edit on 28-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

in the indy ref 2014 many people voted to remain in the Union on the premise that we wouldnt be leaving the EU.

and considering that scotland voted unanimously to remain in the EU they now feel they havent got what they voted for ,

Well just consider this...... we did you a favour!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
So an unelected minority government leader just dissolved politics via a divinely appointed monarch to wreck the economy for a laugh. Still laughing at Venezuela, anyone?

Laughing at your post, though I'm sure others have beaten me to it.

Do you think looking back anything you have written makes sense?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Definitely.

The thing is though not even that could work at this stage, Boris could just hold out refuse to budge for two weeks pretending he is forming a government and after those two weeks a election becomes the default. I think that there is this assumption that passing a no-confidence vote and replacing the government with a government of national unity that extend the Brexit deadline then hold a general election is the silver bullet but really I think it could only add to the problems.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I disagree , I think the no deal brexit will bring more people in Scotland into the independence YES camp.

in the indy ref 2014 many people voted to remain in the Union on the premise that we wouldnt be leaving the EU.

This is basically me, if you look back at my threads in 2014 I was strongly against Scottish independence but now with this Brexit mess am all for it. I have completely changed my mind and actively want Scottish independence, I think we need to settle this Brexit mess before we got for it but yeah bring it on.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Let's be clear, all those remainers jumping up and down about how terrible this is would be praising the lib Dems if they organised something like this to stop brexit.

It isn't about democracy, it's just about winning or losing.

Fwiw I signed the petition, just to register my dissent.

I think it might be about seeing the UK being FCUKed to please the egos of a fairly pathetic minority that would rather see the whole of the UK suffer just so that they think they have proved their point by forcing us into a no deal state.

At some point, not this year, not next year, maybe not for a few years, even the stupid will realise this was a total FCUK up.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga

If he wins the no confidence vote he carries on, if he loses he dissolves parliament and calls a general election. Meanwhile we leave the EU by default on 31st October.

BTW, who picks these dates. What a terrible date to choose.

That is based on a very questionable interpretation of the Fixed Terms Parliament act. In the event of a vote of no confidence in the government then Queeny dissolves government and parliament has 2 weeks to form a new government if after those two weeks no working government can be formed then there is a General election. So the plan would be to form a government of national unity, all the opposition and the Torry rabbles banned together to form a government of national unity that extends article 50 then call a general election in which Labour have said they would campaign on the platform of having a second referendum.

The problem with this plan though is that Dominic Cummings has said, and he's technically correct, that Boris doesn't actually have to leave and what he could do is pretend to be trying to form a working government in those two weeks. Just refuse to budge and keep up this pretence that a government cannot be formed. If after those two weeks no government is formed because of Boris's pretence then it automatically triggers a general election that legally requires a 7 week (would need to double check that) campaign period. This would take us beyond the 31st of October so we would sleep walk into a no-deal.

So yeah, its probably going to be a case of lets wait and see what happens when they submit a vote of no confidence because things could get wired after that.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Definitely.

The thing is though not even that could work at this stage, Boris could just hold out refuse to budge for two weeks pretending he is forming a government and after those two weeks a election becomes the default.

This was mentioned on the day Boris won the party vote on Radio 5, in the wee late hours, and it really hit home, as there did not seem to be any other choice for BJ, it was like Thanos

I always stated there would be no nice deal, £350,000,000 a week for the NHS BS, as other EU nations wanting to seperate from the EU would then also join in, but the fact not a single thing, not one thing has been agreed is an utter snipshow. One thing that most can agree on is that one of the oldest government in the western world has shown itself to be incompetent to the rest of the world, forget the EU being a shambles the UK is leading from the front, its just we used to be worth admiring.
edit on 28-8-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The eu appointed some new leaders recently and from what I've read about them the Brits should have grabbed their torches and pitchforks and when hunting.
Seriously, how long are they going to sit by and wait?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I think it might be about seeing the UK being FCUKed to please the egos of a fairly pathetic minority that would rather see the whole of the UK suffer just so that they think they have proved their point by forcing us into a no deal state.

I'd say Mrs May , remainers in Parliament and the EU forced us into the position we are in , the EU have had no need to negotiate due to May's weakness and Parliaments stubbornness , they wrote the agreement and sent May to sell it.

Now they're faced with the unthinkable.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

It's more like an attempt to avert a coup by antidemocratic elements in Parliament.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I always stated there would be no nice deal, £350,000,000 a week for the NHS BS, as other EU nations wanting to seperate from the EU would then also join in, but the fact not a single thing, not one thing has been agreed is an utter snipshow. One thing that most can agree on is that one of the oldest government in the western world has shown itself to be incompetent to the rest of the world, forget the EU being a shambles the UK is leading from the front,
*** its just we used to be worth admiring.***

And wasn't that before we were conned into joining what was then a

'common market' and not the political dictatorship it has become?

And it will be be once more worth admiring when we shed the shackles

and move on from the wasted three years of being sold down the river

by remainer politicians, eg. May, Hammond, Soubury, Clarke, Grieve,

Morgan, Allen et al.......

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's belief that's suspended really.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Aye cheers , sorry slàinte mhath, thanks and also I have the conservative voters to thank I suppose!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ScepticScot

I disagree , I think the no deal brexit will bring more people in Scotland into the independence YES camp.

and considering that scotland voted unanimously to remain in the EU they now feel they havent got what they voted for , which is funny because thats exactly what happens every single general election, we get a government or coalition government we didnt vote for.

Sorry might not have been clear.

It may well increase support but weakens the argument.

The strongest case for staying in the EU is that putting up economic, social and legal barriers between ourselves and our biggest neighbour & trading partner is a stupid idea.

If UK leaves the EU without a deal in order to join the EU an independent Scotland would have to put up economic, social & legal barriers between ourselves and rUK. Our biggest neighbours & trading partner.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join