It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: UKTruth

No, the Brexit media and Farage and others in Leave talked about a uniformed EU army. Convenient not to recall that though, I appreciate.

...and the EU are discussing a 'real' EU army. So Farage was spot on. Very lucky for us all he warned us. What you call Project Fear turned out to be Project Education. For real Project Fear you only need to look at the insane ramblings of Remainers.

edit on 28/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: micpsi

Totally agree. Elections are coming be what may happen................. There is no move forward boris can do he's tied up curtosy of Theresa and her election

link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

originally posted by: sapien82
Big sturgo isnae happy !

Shuttin g down parliament is a dictatorship

“If MPs don't come together next week to stop Boris Johnson in his tracks, then I think today will go down in history as the day UK democracy died. This simply can't be allowed to happen."

then boris explains

boris johnson on suspending parliament

I notice how he says "this country" , rather than" this Union "

What? Democracy died the day a democratic result was not upheld. Also didn’t democracy die when the Scots voted to stay in and now Sturgeon wants to make them vote AGAIN? I am so sick of that poisonous little hobbit Sturgeon. If you Scots are so keen on getting yourself out of the UK to then hand all your power back to the EU then please just shut up and go. We are all really beyond bored of listening to Scotland whining

Man complains about other people whining , aye ok mate.

link   
a reply to: sapien82

He was talking about spending money on infrastructure and the NHS etc. Sounds good to me, but then I am gullible.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Ah, but it was righteous whining.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Before Scotland does anything, they should observe the experience of the Irish re: the EU for a few years more.

Prediction: Once Ireland ceases to be of use to the EU regarding BREXIT, the Irish will find the Eurocrats less than best friends.

Cheers

Why observe that when all we need to do is observe how consecutive governments in westminster have continued to ruin the UK . A union we no longer wish to be a part of because it is not within our best interests as a sovereign nation.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

He was talking about spending money on infrastructure and the NHS etc. Sounds good to me, but then I am gullible.

What else did you expect him to say ?

Of course he will talk that talk , but will he walk the walk ?

Nae chance boris would have stood there and said anything which could have been taken in a negative context .
He has shut down our democratic processes in order to ensure his "no deal" or whatever the # plan he has works

link   
But you had a vote and you voted to stay? So, it's keep voting until you get the result you want, now?

link   

Ah, but it was righteous whining.

yes yes I am a filthy pagan heathen

and should do as I am told.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

He has shut down our democratic processes

No, it's Remainers who are trying to do that.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

yes yes I am a filthy pagan heathen and should do as I am tol

Good. You are back with the program. Excellent.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

are you replying to me carpy ?

Scotland voted to stay in 2014 , as we were bombarded with bull# info , like vote for the Union and we will stay in EU .
Vote for the Union and we will be better together.
but now attitudes have changed 6 years later. We vote for new government every 4 years right , so why not a poll on public opinion on the Union and then referendum again .

It's what the people of Scotland want , we are our own nation in the Union, if we want to run our country like this , why the # do you care ?

We have those devolved powers, but want our own autonomy away from westminster and now is the time to strike while the iron is hot , and people are fed up with the UK # show

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No, it's Remainers who are trying to do that.

Did they goto the queen and ask for the suspension , or was it Boris who did ?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes, replying to you. Now, don't get your kilt in a twist. Just a friendly wind up. Bit of banter like.

Can we be friends again?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How's that then?
I'd love to get you reasoning for that statement.
Brave enough to talk us through it?
edit on 28/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Boris did. To put a stop to the EU toadying traitors' plotting.
edit on 28-8-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I never stopped being your friend !

Ye can tak the pish oot ae me aww day and i'll nae tak offense !

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Bless your heart!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why observe that when all we need to do is observe how consecutive governments in westminster have continued to ruin the UK . A union we no longer wish to be a part of because it is not within our best interests as a sovereign nation.

I see. Do you expect the EU to have your "best interests as a sovereign nation" in mind?

Patience is well advised. There is always time to go your own way.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: UKTruth

No, the Brexit media and Farage and others in Leave talked about a uniformed EU army. Convenient not to recall that though, I appreciate.

...and the EU are discussing a 'real' EU army. So Farage was spot on. Very lucky for us all he warned us. What you call Project Fear turned out to be Project Education. For real Project Fear you only need to look at the insane ramblings of Remainers.

Well, Farage rambled about that being imminent in 2016 - so he wasn't that spot on was he, talking more tripe for the idiots to swallow up. Basically you are going to defend anything Farage or vote leave said even though the last 3 years have taught us it was bollox aren't you?

Why bother? People who want to believe you will, because it's easy. People who don't want to believe you won't, because it's easy. People who challenge you will just face listening to you and others trying to justify it based on nothing. Fools game really and we've all been played like them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join