It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

It's an insult to highlight your own words that you think Corbyn praising the IRA and hezbollah is diplomacy? Well that's something for you to consider really isn't it?

I was referring to your insinuation that I'm Antisemitic because I speak up against the government of Israel and its morally corrupt leader , you're free to believe what you want to believe it makes no difference to me.

You are now seriously trying to say that the current mess has been orchestrated by the hard right ERG? You are seriously suggesting that?

No , you got that wrong too.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: andy06shake

It will all work out for the best so no point worrying about it. Look on the bright side - it's all probably insignificant when you consider that there is probably an asteroid the size of Texas out there with our name on it or something.

this ⬆️⬆️⬆️
Brexit worried me until a few days ago when my mother died, now I don't care...if there was a leave/remain civil war I don't know what side I'd be on 😕

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Sorry for your lose DaisyRainbow.
edit on 30-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

I'm sorry for you. Loss of a parent is very difficult. I understand your sense of detachment very well.

Kind Regards

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thank you ❤️ totally changed me, now I'm like "meh whatever" with Brexit, we will all hopefully pull together as people...we have to

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cool

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Allegedly now Boris is saying Tory rebels will be barred from being election candidates.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Oohh. The balls being thrown are getting harder by the day.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Aye well, they seem to be flinging them at each other now.

It will be handbags at dawn next i expect.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He should have suspended it all the way to the 31st October. Still, something's better than nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Allegedly now Boris is saying Tory rebels will be barred from being election candidates.

I haven't seen this story, but it's a logical tactic. Specifically, any M.P. who votes against the party on a confidence motion could reasonably have the party whip taken away from them, so that they ceased to be counted as members of the parliamentary party. Presumably that would lose them Central Office support in an election, and probably cause them to be de-selected as candidates. I say probably- as far as I know, selection depends on the local party association, so a a local association which happened to be anti-Brexit, should they exist, might engage in a messy power struggle.

It certainly makes sense politically. No General Election on a simple party basis can settle a divided-party issue like Brexit (that was what was wrong with the last election). It would have to be between specfically pro-Brexit and anti-Brexit candidates. It would need to be a "coupon election" like that of 1919.
edit on 31-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I just want to know what happens next?

I think a messy power struggle is on the horizon no matter what happens after the 31st.

Short of TMs green and pleasant land miraculously materializing which, let's face it, theres not much chance of happening in the interim.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What happens next, I think, is that Boris Johnson meets the Commons next week on a basis of "Do ya feel lucky, punks? Go ahead, make my day!" Then we see who blinks first.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Boris would make a #ty Dirty Harry and then some.

He would have shot the lot of them. LoL

But you might be right about someone having to blink.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At least he's showing "will", which is what Theresa was missing. She wanted to present herself as another Maggie, but lacked the "iron" quality.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
What happens next, I think, is that Boris Johnson meets the Commons next week on a basis of "Do ya feel lucky, punks? Go ahead, make my day!" Then we see who blinks first.

That's how I read it. He's daring them to pull a Vote of No Confidence or STFU. This govt isn't going to roll over for Cooper-Letwin shenanigans like May did.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

God forbid another Thatcher.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

god forbid another #ing tory #
edit on 2-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is now a song wbout this;

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join