It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Interesting how all the Remainers (under one guise or another) are whining that this is usurping the democratic process of Parliament whilst being quite happy to usurp the expressed democratic will of the people.

I see Project Fear is in overdrive again, too.

There will be much whingeing.

To be fair, in what way is the current PMs tactics not project fear? That phrase applies to both sides and has done since day one. The fact that someone who was pro-Brexit came out with it first (while also possibly talking about how Turkey would be in the EU within seconds and we would face millions of immigrants coming from there) is no more than chance.

I have only heard positive messages about Britain since Boris became PM.
Really don't understand any British people or media outlets siding with and aiding the EU.

You are talking about Trump aren't you? Or are you talking about his pet hawk Bolton? They seem to be the only people being too positive

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I thought the queen/royalty was just a figurehead position. Apparently not?

If the Queen doesn't act by backing Mr Johnson then we are are going to having another General Election with the stalemate and nobody in Great Britain wants that

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
October is about a month away. Let me get my popcorn ready now

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Remainers seem to want to extend Article 50 yet again whilst forcing the PM to take no Deal off the table. No Deal is about the only bargaining tool we have.

Traitors - the lot of 'em!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Stuff the popcorn, I need a cold beer!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

That's politics, though. But Project Fear (George Osbourne) claimed a vote for Brexit would mean an instant emergency Budge, sky falling down and other dire stuff that just did not happen.

At least Boris has some steel in him, unlike May.

Ad Farage (and others) talking about the imminent creation of an EU army which would demand the removal of ours, the Turkish entry into the EU being imminent (according to vote leave and Farage) plus all the usual sh!t. And you don't also call that project fear? Both were means of manipulation for the stupid who couldn't look into things themselves - just like the cr@p Johnson came out with which will never come to fruition.

In recent years, the EU has begun to implement ambitious initiatives to provide more resources, stimulate efficiency, facilitate cooperation and support the development of capabilities:

Permanent structured cooperation (PESCO) was launched in December 2017, and 25 EU countries are participating as of June 2019. It currently operates on the basis of 34 concrete projects with binding commitments including a European Medical Command, Maritime Surveillance System, mutual assistance for cyber-security and rapid response teams, and a Joint EU intelligence school.

The European Defence Fund (EDF) was launched in June 2017. It is the first time the EU budget is used to co-fund defence cooperation and the fund should be part of the EU's next long-term budget (2021-2027). EDF will complement national investments and provide both practical and financial incentives for collaborative research, joint development and acquisition of defence equipment and technology.

EU strengthened cooperation with Nato in 74 areas including cybersecurity, joint exercises and counter-terrorism.

A plan to facilitate military mobility within and across the EU to make it possible for military personnel and equipment to act faster in response to crises. Making the financing of civilian and military missions and operations more effective. The EU currently has 16 such missions on three continents, with a wide range of mandates and deploying more than 6,000 civilian and military personnel.

Since June 2017 there is a new command and control structure (MPCC) to improve the EU’s crisis management.

If you see an 'EU Army' as all being in the same uniform, then no we won;t have one - at least yet.
If you see it for what it actually is - command and control, R&D, budget alignment, then yeah, there already is one.

Then there is this:

The European Commission has said it is “delighted” that the leaders of France and Germany have backed the creation of a “real” EU army. A spokesperson for the commission’s president Jean-Claude Juncker said he was “pleased” that the argument for the force seemed to be “going in our direction”. Addressing the European Parliament on Tuesday Angela Merkel said she supported a “real, true” European army, echoing an identical call by her French counterpart Emmanuel Macron the week before.

So, no, not project fear to talk about an EU Army at all - more of an education, which you don't seem to want.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Twitter Remainers, under the hashtag StopTheCoup, are trying to organise instant protests. Life is going to get interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Trump now on twitter:

Would be very hard for Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of Britain’s Labour Party, to seek a no-confidence vote against New Prime Minister Boris Johnson, especially in light of the fact that Boris is exactly what the U.K. has been looking for, & will prove to be “a great one!” Love U.K.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Remainers seem to want to extend Article 50 yet again whilst forcing the PM to take no Deal off the table. No Deal is about the only bargaining tool we have.

Exactly - our own representatives are working to help the EU negotiate against us. That is exactly why the correct label for them is 'traitor'. Same goes for any British citizen propagating the lies and hysteria coming from Remainers.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Twitter Remainers, under the hashtag StopTheCoup, are trying to organise instant protests. Life is going to get interesting.

Let's be clear - given that the suspension of Parliament is a normal occurance, the protests are quite simply about stopping Brexit...and thus the people partaking will be enemies of the UK and admitted traitors.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Wow she can do that?

Damn that's OP. This is getting interesting. I been following some people active in Northern Irish politics trying to get caught up on what's happening with Brexit. Interesting.

Uranus Taurus revolutions are just starting to kick into gear.

It happens fairly regularly. Not uncommon at all when a new Govt. is formed.
The difference now is that it gives traitors within the UK parliament less time to carry out their plan of reversing the democratic vote to leave the EU. So, they are p%ssed about it.

ahhh ok thanks for the clarification

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Exactly - our own representatives are working to help the EU negotiate against us. That is exactly why the correct label for them is 'traitor'.

Yes. They are trying to remove our only effective bargaining chip. The Quislings!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Amazing news!!! Now let’s get out of the EU

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I thought the queen/royalty was just a figurehead position. Apparently not?

If the Queen doesn't act by backing Mr Johnson then we are are going to having another General Election with the stalemate and nobody in Great Britain wants that

We may have one anyway in a matter of days because the Remoaners will try to win a vote of no confidence. The trouble for them is that this works to the government's advantage because Boris Johnson will call the election AFTER October 31st, which means the Tories will be in a good position to win because they will have kept their promise to deliver Brexit even though it was a hard one. No one else can determine when to call the election, should there have to be one - certainly not the courts nor parliament. That's why the government has been spending money like mad to butter up the electorate - they know an election is very near, i.e., they have planned for losing the vote of no confidence, and they need one soon to establish a good working majority (just one at present!).

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No, the Brexit media and Farage and others in Leave talked about a uniformed EU army. Convenient not to recall that though, I appreciate.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Exactly - our own representatives are working to help the EU negotiate against us. That is exactly why the correct label for them is 'traitor'. Same goes for any British citizen propagating the lies and hysteria coming from Remainers.

Trust me, I am in a sense past caring, but if you keep propagating the crap that came out of the mouths of the vote leave campaign then expect to have it reciprocated.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

hahaha this is the end of UK politics

I now truly believe this is the end of the United Kingdom as we know it.

The UK government have been left inert
and unable to perform their duties to the people.

Boris should be exiled from the UK
the queen too while we are at it

maybe even kick her oot of balmoral for allowing this # to happen

edit on 28-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

No, the Brexit media and Farage and others in Leave talked about a uniformed EU army. Convenient not to recall that though, I appreciate.

What, they won't have uniforms?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What, they won't have uniforms?
]

they are naked warriors of the EU

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Trust me, I am in a sense past caring, but if you keep propagating the crap that came out of the mouths of the vote leave campaign then expect to have it reciprocated.

Remind me, when did that Emergency Budget happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join