It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A difference of opinions is apt to happen.

Leave or remain, hard-soft or whatever

Brexit's happening on the 31st.

But democracy is dead in this nation, or at least our particular brand and flavor of such.

edit on 29-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah yeah - heard it all before. Freedom fighters.. legends in their own minds.. fighting the evil of the UK govt in support of the benevolent overlords in Brussels.

Whilst you're playing at that, the REAL fight to ensure democracy wins is still raging. We'll know if freedom wins on November 1st.

Supporting the proroguing of parliament means you can't say support or even want Democracy anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my occasional monitoring of Twitter, I notice that #StopTheCoup has been replaced in trends by #stopthecoupe. There are comments re what this says about educational standards.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Supporting the proroguing of parliament means you can't say support or even want Democracy anymore.

And may I ask you what precisely is democratic in the fact that the

people who were voted in to government 'to carry out' the will of the

majority have done nothing, NOTHING in three years but thwart what

the majority voted for.

Explain the democracy in that!!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: sapien82

Yeah yeah - heard it all before. Freedom fighters.. legends in their own minds.. fighting the evil of the UK govt in support of the benevolent overlords in Brussels.

Whilst you're playing at that, the REAL fight to ensure democracy wins is still raging. We'll know if freedom wins on November 1st.

The proroguing of Parliament is a fairly common occurance and has nothing to do with stopping democracy. Maybe stay off twitter for a while.
Ignoring a democratic vote - now that's the type of fascist behaviour I am sure you love.
edit on 29/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

A difference of opinions is apt to happen.

Leave or remain, hard-soft or whatever

Brexit's happening on the 31st.

But democracy is dead in this nation, or at least our particular brand and flavor of such.

Almost dead... but if we leave on the 31st October, faith will be restored.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And the division amongst our people will still be palpable.

If that's faith its a funny sort.

It's hardly as if Boris and Hard Brexit will wave a magic wand and miraculously fix all the dilemmas our nations face.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I utterly hate and despise Remainers... Utterly.

anti democratic disingenuous turds

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

That equates to hatred towards 48.11% of the people of the United Kingdom.

Congratulations!

As to the disparaging remarks, water off a ducks back really.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

It is only a fraction of Remainers who are trying to subvert our democracy.
Those I also despise, but the vast majority of people who voted to remain did so for their own reasons and are not whining about cr*p like a 2nd vote or no-deal hysteria.
Often times it's easy to get fooled into thinking the media and a small percentage of active online traitors represent all Remainers.
Frankly we should probably drop the Leavers/Remainers categorisation.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And the division amongst our people will still be palpable.

If that's faith its a funny sort.

It's hardly as if Boris and Hard Brexit will wave a magic wand and miraculously fix all the dilemmas our nations face.

I don't think so. Most of the people I know who voted Remain still stand up for democracy and understand that the country voted and made a decision. Those people are not interested in damaging our country by riding roughshod over our democracy.

As for our country's dilemmas, we face many that have nothing to do with Brexit. We'll meet those challenges. I am certain of one thing... the EU, whether we leave or stay, is not interested in helping us. They are interested in making the UK a state of the EU and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I would say the EU are interested in making an example of the UK.

After Brexit, we are still all going to be on the same island together, with the same shared problems and dilemmas to contend with.

So we better learn to put it past us when it happens, somehow i don't imagine it will be that easy, given the lack of any workable plan.

The outcome may well be the break up of the UK.

Still all be on the same island all the same, for better or worse, even if we are not married at the hip.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

YOUR people as a majority want Brexit, but now because a small portion of YOUR people, and apparently at least half of your parliament, want to stop Brexit you want to claim alongside with the minority that this is unprecedented and anti-democratic?... Had to be you...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That's rather a generalization all the same.

Scotland nor Ireland voted for Brexit, we voted to remain, and our votes count for next to nothing in the grand scheme of UK politics.

The United Kingdom is comprised of 4 nations, all of which don't necessarily share the same goals, hence the dilemma and ambivalence to shoot ourself in the foot without a workable plan of action.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

YOUR people as a majority want Brexit, but now because a small portion of YOUR people, and apparently at least half of your parliament, want to stop Brexit you want to claim alongside with the minority that this is unprecedented and anti-democratic?... Had to be you...

Would you be OK with changes to the US constitution based on a simple majority vote?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

My people are the people of Scotland, we voted to remain.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

That's a bit strong. Hatred is never a good thing and you can't just make such sweeping generalisations about the bastards.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ScepticScot

farage and credit in the same sentence, only really works on his statements he gets from his offshore accounts

Id never credit him for anything , other than being the first politician to make headlines covered in milkshake

Disagree with the man on most subjects and think he comes across as a total dick.

However he has rightly condemned Robinson and UKIPs association with him.

You cant really blame anyone for trying to distance themselves from the likes of Tommy Robinson !

There are several members on this site who would happily share a long hot (prison) shower in the wee hours of the morning with Robinson.

ONE in PARTICULAR springs to MIND.

WHO can YOU mean?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Would you be OK with changes to the US constitution based on a simple majority vote?

IF and until the system is changed ........

**In an absolute majority a candidate receives more than half of the votes cast (i.e. 50% +1)**

A miss is as good as a mile.

A near miss is still a miss.

No better than missing by a great margin.

Losing a game by one point is still losing

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join