It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TR3A on Groom Lake's Runway?? Link to Picture

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
You see, this sort of crap is why we should not allow anonymous posts.

Indeed, there have been a lot of Anon posters dredging up very old threads to add nothing of any relevance lately, it's most annoying.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yes, and its exactly why you've not seen much of me lately

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I agree guys its sort of annoying but meh you take the bad with the good.

on a side note it really is weird because half of the Anon posts don't even show up.

Also just so I know if we Reg posters our on the same page is it the fact that if the Anon poster create a user why bother posting?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
For me its because threads that died years ago are being dredged back up the board and its always a case of either not being able to see the post at all or when you can it was a waste of time. I think we all know when someone is telling the truth as they see it or is having a wind up, the user ID is a part of that. A lot of people have built up reputations, good and bad, based on what they write. Anonymous posts take all this away and render the thread worthless.

What could have been good vibrant threads are also pushed down out of sight by these 'resurrections' that go nowhere and get missed. It all just seems a bit pointless to me now that any anon reader can post whatever rubbish they like. Not all anon contributions are worthless or lies, but so many are that whenever I see 'anonymous' now I don't even go into that thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I'd have to agree that its hurting our normally good and relevant threads on the Aviation forums here.

If the posts never get approved its because they are worthless but still the thread gets pointlessly moved to the top. So a pointless point isn't allowed but a irrelevant thread is so as to waste actual users time and energy hunting even if the anon posting got through.

Bottom line I'll agree its hurting at least this forum and the current aviation threads.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

it looks very similar to the reported sightings of the TR3A.

I think it looks alot more likr the B-2 than anything else.

And shattered skies, why wouldnt they keep the TR3-A at the groom lake facility? Its the one place on earth that is hidden from prying eyes, and no doubt it does have a hanger big enough to house it!!!

Nor is there ANY evidence of anything called a TR-3A, except a one time article in AvWeek, by a notorously inaccurate author. But its one of those things that has taken a life of its own, like that equally shoddy story about Area 51 going to Utah, which was another writer who basically had no clue where he was, found a locked gate, and assumed it was the base, when it was not.

And that story will not die either unfortunately. If you want to know the origin of the "TR-3" story, say "Tier 3" and see how someone assumed it was Tr-3.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Firepilot would you have a link to the original story and author? If what you say is true it would be one more piece of the puzzle put together and more information to debunk one of the myths of aviation.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I honestly dont have a link, it was from early 90s in AvWeek, before there was much at all of a world wide web. I do remember specifically reading about the TR-3 thing. Actually there was a TR-3 built, but it was from the UK and has 4 wheels and is not very reliable (Car)

USAF doesnt even use TR designation anyways now, that was just something given to the U-2 for a time so it would have less "baggage" when basing it overseas.

That there was a "Tier-3" UAV program though is verifiable and 100 percent correct. But ZERO evidence of anything ever called TR-3

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join