It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TR3A on Groom Lake's Runway?? Link to Picture

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi All,

This is my first post although I've been a reader for over a year. On the link below there appears to be a black triangle on the runway threshold (bottom right hand corner of picture of Area 51) it looks very similar to the reported sightings of the TR3A. Also a black aircraft on the ramp top left of the picture? Your thoughts please as I have not seen these reported before. Appologies if they have.

The trinagle does not show up on other images so it's not painted on the runway!

Link:-
www.lasvegasnow.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
probably something else because i know that during the developement of the F-117 Nighthawk that it never left its hanger dring the day, so something like the black triangle probably wouldn't be out during the day.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately both are too small to give even an insight into the type :/ BUT thats one hell of a good image of Area51 - nice find. Every other one Ive found has been smaller, and mush worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
and just beacause there is a black SPECK on the runway that means its something special like the supposed TR3A....
Gonna need a bit more than that..

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah, like was already said... they wouldn't bring out any secret projects during the day. And especially not when they know a satellite is flying overhead at that given time.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ok, so what non secret object could this speck be?

Anybody could provide pointers on the size of that speck ?

I dont have that carpenters or pilots eye , but to me it doesn't appear much bigger than your average F-15 ???

How does that stack up against some hypothised dimensions attributed to the black manta:

Length: 56 ft.
Wingspan: 90 ft.

????

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
On the other hand, for a place the US Government denies exists, it actually looks like (in the bottom left of the base) that they are extending the facilities. To me, looks like a construction site, although difficult to be 100% certain....

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How many black coloured aircraft are wider than they are longer?? except the TR1A / U2R / U2?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Remember the first photos of the F117 were shot during daylight hours near Tonopah? could just be they are past the critical classified stage?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Noting the lack of shadows of the buildings it is obvioulsy taken around noon, 1pm or 11am is usually the best time to take pictures with sattilite. Concidering the "speck" is smaller then the parked airliners I am gussing its width to be no more then 30 feet wide.

I am thinking it is jsut some skid marks from an early "bounce" on a landing

Find another pciture taken at a differant day and you probly can confirm it is an craft or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
thats a pretty good picture. It looks solarized or something...

I must be blind, can some one use MS Paint or something, and circle the 2 unidentified crafts, then host them. that way I know exactly what you referring to.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've managed to sign up with Photobucket and have uploaded better pics showing the triangle, no triangle anf the other aircraft. Here's link..

i2.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Looks like something that is delta-winged to me. The size, however, seems more suggestive of something along the lines of an A-12 or even a variant of the B-2. Isn't the TR-3 supposed to be the size of an airship?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
According to various reports on the webb the TR3A is only about 30 ft in length with a span of about 50-60 ft and used to fly with the F117 to be used as a target designator aircraft. I think you may be thinking of the TR3B the huge triangle?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
probably something else because i know that during the developement of the F-117 Nighthawk that it never left its hanger dring the day, so something like the black triangle probably wouldn't be out during the day.

Not Quite true! If you read the bookSkunk Works, Ben Rich mentions the Have Blue flying on a cold December morning. At one time they really did have daytime test flight out at Groom Lake. However, that was back when the base was unknown. Today, they don't do daylight testing anymore, as far as I know.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Watcher
I've managed to sign up with Photobucket and have uploaded better pics showing the triangle, no triangle anf the other aircraft. Here's link..

i2.photobucket.com...

The last one is a shadow of a chimney or other high thing.

Whats on the runway is a ? to me, but its way smaller then the parked airliners in the picture(also Left top) and from what I hear, the TR3B is quite a bit bigger then a jet and even gets close to airliner size.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
neither of those specks are even an aircraft.

The area by the hangers is some ground discoloration probably from spilt jet fuel or thrust marks from a Vtol type aircraft. Could even be long brake marks or even just un even discoloring patch repairs to the tarmac, (maybe tar spots) the image resolution then tried to associate the mis-colored areas into forms.

As for the runway, I dont think anything is actually there, if it is its a small trainer aircraft like a T-5 or something painted in a standard Airforce off grey camoflauge pattern.

I have seen one overhead shot of the base before with an (auroa, or TR3B ???) sitting outside the hanger, I think it was taken just before dusk but the aircraft looked like it had a wingspan near 90 feet with a wing shape similar in form to the F117 but a much larger middle section and a longer central airframe, If I remember it had a reverse delta rear section and apeared to have some sort of tail plane. In comparision in the same photo you can see one of the janet air 737's and size wise it was similar in length but the center body of the aircraft was much wider.

I think the photo is here on ATS or I saw it on the web. If I recall the photo was taken either in the late 80's or around 91-92.

If I can find it again I will post it

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've talked with people who originally ordered that photo. The aircraft on the north parking area behind the hangars is merely the "chase" F-16 they have there. If you saw it in full resolution it would fill a wall. You couldn't count the rivets on the aircraft but the full resolution image was taken at something like half meter resolution.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not possible, with the porportions of the width of the runway, to the suspected width of the TR-3A, that black spec is way too small, it is only twice the size of one of the white line strips, and 3/8's the length.

Compare it to the white aircraft that are docked in the main base area ontop of a blacktop(it's just gray cement). Use those aircraft as a measurement.

That black spec cannot be the TR-3A, way too small, probably something an aircraft left behind, or maybe it was put there purposely? To take attention away from the inner workings of the facility?

Decoys anyone?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ok, just to clarify, the TR-3b is believed to be the size of two football fields.

So suggesting that anything in the Groomlake facility could house such a large craft, well you find me a hanger that big.

So yea, I doubt the TR-3b is housed over at Groom Lake, so lets not jump to hasty conclusions.

The black spec could be skidmarks from an aircraft landing.'

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join