It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popeyes is winning the chicken war but losing the battle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I love both Chick fila and Popeyes, but if I had to choose one, it would be Popeyes hands down.
I love that Chick fil a was thowing some shade, and Popeyes came back with this:

A nearby Popeyes pointedly responded with its own dig at Chick-fil-A’s hours: “FYI. People need to eat on Sundays.”

I hate that Chick fil a closes on Sunday, it seems that is the only day I actually want it.

Popeyes could be the #1 chain in America if they weren't so darn slow and had such bad customer service. I remember going there right before dinner. They ran out of chicken. Hello, a chicken place running out of chicken? Let's face it, their employees are scary too, like don't ask for that sweet tea twice kind of scary. Chick fil a has the customer service game down to a science. I like their uniforms too. They always look clean and neat.

You know why both of these places are sooo successful? Nobody knows how to make fried chicken anymore. We need to bring good old fashioned fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet back. I learned a little secret to fried chicken, you rinse in vinegar, soak in buttermilk. The chicken is done when it makes a little splatter sound, that is the meat coming off the bone. My mom used to make fried chicken for my dads soldiers. I'm sure they are old men now, still talking about it. There were never any leftover, ever last crumb was devoured!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like their cajun fried fish meal. Otherwise, the chicken thing - they really arent as good. You can tell that they dont clean their fryers as much as Chik Fil A.

That is the key.

Now in saying that, I have sometimes enjoyed fried meat better in "bad grease" if it has been allowed to cook longer than it should have.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I purchase whole chickens from Costco, chop up and sell at the restaurant. Their always big pieces, likely double size of Kentuckys, 3pc, 5pc and fries, 9pc special what have you, were getting known for that now and pizza, you should try us!

Anyway, Popeyes's......gross, no thanks. Lol, plus all brown people, just can't wrap my head around it

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Cleanliness and customer service are a necessary component of visiting an eating establishment. I like the chicken at both places, but I will ultimately choose Chik Fil A every time for the reasons you mentioned.

edit on 2019/8/27 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
We don't have chick-fil-a here just yet, but they're getting closer.
when out of state, I've been- great chicken sandwiches. Service was OK but not being local it's hard to compare them to the other locals.
I don't recall the pricing.
can't wait to check them out again when they get into town.

Popeyes came into town a few years ago, and people rant and rave about it.
I went a few months ago on a lunch break and was very let down.
The chicken was OK, but the overall meal cost at least twice what it was worth. the biscuit tasted good, but was more or less inedible. Like it was made to soak up soup.
The service was slow, and the people working there didn't seem to care that they were at work. Any fast food place around has better service.
I won't be going back any time soon.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've never had chic-fil-a... Popeyes is okay, I guess (I've had it twice)... Just cook your own food. Make it how you want it, and don't worry about anything else. It's not hard. My chicken is better.
🤤

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Bleeped the f bomb

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just don't go too close to closing time!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.foxnews.com...

I love both Chick fila and Popeyes, but if I had to choose one, it would be Popeyes hands down.
I love that Chick fil a was thowing some shade, and Popeyes came back with this:

A nearby Popeyes pointedly responded with its own dig at Chick-fil-A’s hours: “FYI. People need to eat on Sundays.”

I hate that Chick fil a closes on Sunday, it seems that is the only day I actually want it.

Popeyes could be the #1 chain in America if they weren't so darn slow and had such bad customer service. I remember going there right before dinner. They ran out of chicken. Hello, a chicken place running out of chicken? Let's face it, their employees are scary too, like don't ask for that sweet tea twice kind of scary. Chick fil a has the customer service game down to a science. I like their uniforms too. They always look clean and neat.

You know why both of these places are sooo successful? Nobody knows how to make fried chicken anymore. We need to bring good old fashioned fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet back. I learned a little secret to fried chicken, you rinse in vinegar, soak in buttermilk. The chicken is done when it makes a little splatter sound, that is the meat coming off the bone. My mom used to make fried chicken for my dads soldiers. I'm sure they are old men now, still talking about it. There were never any leftover, ever last crumb was devoured!

Seems as though neither do you. If you want to complain about people not making chicken like it used to be, then I'll turn and tell you that people don't cook at home like they used to. Quit complaining about fast food and cook your own food.

FYI Customer service is overrated. It's about the food. I don't need someone kissing my butt and being fake friendly in order for the food to taste good. Chik Fil a is overrated, their chicken is meh, their nuggets are the size of m&m's and their tenders are literally the size of actual chicken fingers. But hey they stroked my ego so they are the best! /sarcasm LMAO

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Anyway, Popeyes's......gross, no thanks. Lol, plus all brown people, just can't wrap my head around it

Bold mine.
Was this a sad attempt at humor?

Because if it wasn't that's pretty F#d up.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

. We need to bring good old fashioned fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet back

So the pressure cooker doesn't do it for you? Probably the secret is in the spices more than anything.

On a related note I found that the best way to roast chicken is by immersing the whole bird in Soy brine water for at least 2 hrs.

Must invest in a proper deep fryer next,

Pork on a Sunday, Chicken on a Saturday, other Meat on a Friday!!!! That'll show the Catholics Muslims and Jews!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Cleanliness and customer service are a necessary component of visiting an eating establishment. I like the chicken at both places, but I will ultimately choose Chik Fil A every time for the reasons you mentioned.

There used to be a restaurant in the hood here called chucks seafood, there were bars on the windows, and everyone was super friendly and boisterous.

You got two pieces of cat fish, fries, two pieces of white bread and tartar sauce tied in a knot in the corner of a sandwich bag (non zip lock).

Best fish I've ever had in my life. Definitely not the cleanest restaurant.

I like hole in the walls more than any food.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Seems as though neither do you.

I don't cook as much as I used to, but I can guarantee I cook more than the vast majority of people in the US.

Customers service isn't overrated. It is the reason Amazon shot up, it is the reason Chickfila is where they are. You are right, their food is not #1, but their service is. That is why they get repeat customers. It's not about stroking your ego. It's about getting your food without a long wait or big hassle. And please, please do tell me how big are actual chicken fingers???

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Madea could be my neighbor's wife, lol. When they have a cookout and their smokers are fired up, I know my cholesterol will soon spike for the day. Who cares...my taste buds are in food heaven!

edit on 8/27/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

. We need to bring good old fashioned fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet back

So the pressure cooker doesn't do it for you? Probably the secret is in the spices more than anything.

On a related note I found that the best way to roast chicken is by immersing the whole bird in Soy brine water for at least 2 hrs.

Must invest in a proper deep fryer next,

Pork on a Sunday, Chicken on a Saturday, other Meat on a Friday!!!! That'll show the Catholics Muslims and Jews!

I had a deep fryer and I have to say I didn't like it much. I found I just didn't use it that much and it was very difficult to clean.

I find it hilarious that certain people eat fish on Friday. It originally started as a penitential practice. It is so far from that these day, yet people still kid themselves. Gigantic plates of endless fried fish, fries, cole slaw, dessert. Yet they think they are being "good" or deprived.
edit on 27-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You'd enjoy nashville then...fast food chicken still exisits but here going to either chick fila or popeyes is only a thing when either time or money restraints require it. The fried chicken in the South in general is good but having lived in VA FL and TN now I can say here in TN the chicken is over the top good!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yea caught that too...it sure didn't come across as jokey at all...like damn...that was pretty blaten regardless.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Is it that hard to discuss fried chicken without racism?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You'd enjoy nashville then...fast food chicken still exisits but here going to either chick fila or popeyes is only a thing when either time or money restraints require it. The fried chicken in the South in general is good but having lived in VA FL and TN now I can say here in TN the chicken is over the top good!

Oh Honey, I love Nashville!! Not for the chicken though, I love the bbq!!

There is a place in Florida called Lee's chicken. It is in a very dangerous area and you might risk your life, but that chicken is worth it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Madea could be my neighbor's wife, lol. When they have a cookout and their smokers are fired up, I know my cholesterol will soon spike for the day. Who cares...my taste buds are in food heaven!

Ahhhh, smoked meats are incredible on the weekends... Got to have the day cleared afterwards though, I always get lazy as hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join