It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayed for happiness all I have is destruction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
January 29th (40th Birthday) we flew to Prague as a family.
This was our first family holiday abroad and we were really looking forward to it.
We have never been abroad before, as our main goals were always looking after the home and making sure we all had what we needed. We are far from a wealthy family so the holiday took a few months of sacrifice and 60 hour working weeks to ensure we could all have a good time and not worry about money for the 5 days we were there. We still had to be a little careful but not so much as we couldn't do what we wanted to do.

The start of the holiday was fantastic and I would highly recommend Prague to anyone. The sights, the people, the food. I can safely say that it was a magical place.

So, we decided to walk up to Prague Castle from the main town as the weather was cold but dry and sunny, and we would like to walk around places to really get the feel of the area.

When we got to the Castle it was magnificent and the first place we went into was the Cathedral.
Wow! Such a lovely place with so, so much history and so many surviving religious artifacts.

I then came across, what was supposed to be, the original part of the Cathedral and the place where Saint Wenceslas was and prayed (that was my interpretation) and you could tell it was 100's of years old.
During this time of reflection (not an overly religious person, more spiritualist if I'm honest) I decided to say a prayer saying thanks for the holiday and I hope the coming year brings me and my family happiness and prosperity.

BOOM!!!!
within 48 hours things start to take a turn for the worse.
Now, at this time I didn't really think too much of it...
I plugged my phone into charge at the hotel using a certified travel plug and genuine phone charger for my phone, and not an aftermarket one, and there was an almighty spark and my phone just died.
I was unable to access my boarding tickets, my bank (I would transfer money daily to a separate account for withdrawal in Prague - I was preventing any issues should my card be cloned and giving no access to my main account)
I had lost ALL contacts for various different things, luckily enough I backed everything up and had emergency numbers on my wife's phone and able to get boarding passes etc.
This was a minor issue in the end.

Then we get on the plane to leave and return home.
During the flight I took an almighty panic attack convinced the plance was going to crash and I was going to die! Not something I have ever had before and I'll tell you now it's something I do not want to repeat.

When we returned home everything was OK for about 3 days and then my wife's brother swans up accusing her of stealing £800 which is an absolute load of rubbish, as we use each other's bank accounts for various bills etc and my wife would give anyone her last pound if they needed or require it.
Basically this has been going on for the last 7 months with no end in sight.

Not long after that I was told my job is no longer and I will be being made redundant.
I have worked for years with the same company, never took a sick day, never late, always willing to work 12/14 hour days, always willing to step in if someone was off for any reason and I even went into work after a fairly serious motorbike accident that very same day.
I got a very basic redundancy package that was just about lawful.
I managed to get another job within 2 days of my final day there doing the same work, less pay but it was pay none the less and still provided for my family.
This job has been plagued with issues too!

So, again, not long after I started my wife and I where invited out by some old friends and we said yes.
We would usually just get a takeaway and watch a movie on a Saturday night, as it is our time or date night if you like.
After the pub closed we invited our 2 male friends around to ours for a few more drinks. Little did we know our drinks were being spiked with God only knows what.
I felt as though I was drunk so I went to bed.
I woke upto my wife crying saying that she had been raped.
The police have been involved and we are going through the process now which is very difficult to say the least.

So why did I post this here??

Well, since that time in Prague and the Cathedral and more importantly my prayer, we have had nothing but escalated issues and major hurt.
There's something in my head telling me that either something has followed us back or something sinister is going on and it all seems to go back to that moment in Prague.

I have prayed to God, Jesus and anyone who may be listening.

What can I do?!? Who can I pray too?
Am I, are we cursed?
I am offering all the support I can but even I feel like I'm at breaking point.
I am not going to do anything stupid so please don't worry.
Is there a specific prayer for me to say to get rid of what maybe effecting our lives?
Is there a certain Priest, Vicar, Minister that I can perhaps get into contact with?

I know there's something wrong since I came back from Prague and I need it out.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention.
I found out that my Dad is not my dad after 40 years in between all of this.
I found this out when we were invited down to an 18 birthday party that was hosted by my "Uncle" and my "Dad" was there too.
He told me to my face.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

Instant karma is a good thing. Getting rid of the "old baggage" all at once might be painful and uncomfortable, even unnerving. But look at all the room you're maiking for future happiness and prosperity!

edit on 27-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Man, this is like a Marquee de Sade story.

My only thought is maybe your wife wasn't actually raped but seduced and saying that she was raped.

Not a good thought, but I look at things in a dark manner at times.

Pray as much as you can - maybe it will help.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

My only thought is maybe your wife wasn't actually raped but seduced and saying that she was raped.

Why? Why would you come to this conclusion? Why would you think this comment would be remotely helpful?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why? Why would you come to this conclusion? Why would you think this comment would be remotely helpful?

Because I understand nature. I feel lies from 1000 miles away. I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I’m not sure the praying is linked with your terrible run of events. I feel that’s coincidence. I hope life gets better for you and your wife. It’s going to get better.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Despite our best efforts life happens.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

luckily enough I backed everything up and had emergency numbers on my wife's phone and able to get boarding passes etc.
This was a minor issue in the end.

see, it all worked out, that was not luck, God is with you.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I hope that is the case mate

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I must confess I thought of that too.
However, I have seen the aftermath and that isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Keep the faith and make it so.

link   

originally posted by: Fools
Man, this is like a Marquee de Sade story.

Not a good thought, but I look at things in a dark manner at times.

Pray as much as you can - maybe it will help.

Might I suggest you pray as well. Karma has a strange way of dealing with mean spirited responses to others pain.

You have been warned!
edit on 27-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Main thing is, if my wife was raped, I would be involving the authorities. Why have you not?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Thank you. I hope it does.
It helped a bit actually writing it down.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

From the OP

Little did we know our drinks were being spiked with God only knows what.
I felt as though I was drunk so I went to bed.
I woke upto my wife crying saying that she had been raped.
The police have been involved and we are going through the process now which is very difficult to say the least.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you are a religious type have you thought about having a priest or pastor bless you?

I'm not super religious but there are places I have visited that seem downright evil/creepy. Sometimes they are the most beautiful looking places. Prague is an old city with a lot of history. Maybe something attached to you?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Main thing is, if my wife was raped, I would be involving the authorities. Why have you not?

What about this don't you understand?

I woke upto my wife crying saying that she had been raped. The police have been involved and we are going through the process now which is very difficult to say the least.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am reminded of the book of Job while reading your story. He was highly favored of God and lost everything before it was restored.

Sometimes, things get awfully deep and dark before they start to turn for the better. Trust in Him, surrender to Him, and pray to Him for protection. If there is actually something dark following you, then He can protect you, but it requires utter trust and faith, like a child.

Other than that, hang on and wait. I've found there is always a way out. It may not be a door or a window. It may be the manhole in the street, metaphorically speaking, but sooner or later, your chance will come if you have the eyes to see it and take the chance. Things can only fall so far down.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Dude, you have to remember G is just the other side of being a troll. Ask for one thing you'll get the opposite. It's not that the ultimate unknown is trying to make things bad for you, it's that it's trying to give you exactly what you need. There is no entropy in infinity. Every thing is pre planed to the smallest detail. Say an alcoholic prays to be delivered of his vice. There's a good chance the desire is not just going to be taken away. He may end up being convicted of a crime he didn't commit and thrown in jail for 5 years. Well, guess what, five years later he's no longer an alcoholic. The lightning strike always takes the path of least resistance. If you can't be happy with yourself in the most dire situations, how can you ever be happy. The hard road makes for a purer soul.
edit on 27-8-2019 by SilentWindofDoom because: Cuz, brain

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join