It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to states: School lunch changes none of your business

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Surely we can get back to kids eating foods that look natural.

impossible woppers for everyone?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Back a hundred or so years ago in middle school they used to allow kids to help work in the school kitchen in exchange for free food.
My parents would give us our lunch money, and if I worked I got to pocket it.

The food was amazing and homemade. Nothing was pre-made, it was all from scratch and made with love. It really was. There is no way they would allow kids to do that kind of work now in a commercial kitchen. I was about 10 at the time. We sure have gone down the wrong path in so many ways.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lolz

"Who's more responsible for the children? The state or the federal government?

lolz

How about the parents.

SMH

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Duderino

You know what ever happened to PARENTS being responsible for their children.

Don't like school lunches, don't let them eat it.

If you can't afford lunches, are you really in any way shape or form in a position to criticize anything?

So only the owning class get a voice?
What happened to one man, one vote?

Wouldn't you agree that it is beneficial to society to have children (especially from poor conditions) fed well enough to learn, so the circle of poverty can be broken?

However, I do believe that most children in need of free lunch, would benefit from food with higher calorie count. Especially full fat dairy products, since most other fat during their day would come from palm oil..

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: HalWesten

Back a hundred or so years ago in middle school they used to allow kids to help work in the school kitchen in exchange for free food.
My parents would give us our lunch money, and if I worked I got to pocket it.

The food was amazing and homemade. Nothing was pre-made, it was all from scratch and made with love. It really was. There is no way they would allow kids to do that kind of work now in a commercial kitchen. I was about 10 at the time. We sure have gone down the wrong path in so many ways.

Ironically you can get a kid to eat just about anything if you involve them in the process of seeing it grow, letting them touch it through different phases, teaching them about it, why we eat certain things in certain seasons.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Word!

I always wanted to use this, now is my time!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Lolz

lolz

How about the parents.

SMH

Keep saying things like that, and CPS is gonna be snaggin your kids

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Lolz

lolz

How about the parents.

SMH

You don't know my boys, CPS would be doing me a favor!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yeah just today I made livercheese with an ox eye and my daughter would not eat the sunny side up egg (ox eye).

I did what you said and I showed her where the eggs comes from. Now, I need to renovate the kitchen, but she ate that sunny side egg with such a great commitment.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Lolz

lolz

How about the parents.

SMH

You don't know my boys, CPS would be doing me a favor!

You know you're raising them right when they could possibly topple a government run agency shortly after being "rescued".

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoundOfZilvah

You know what ever happened to PARENTS being responsible for their children.

Don't like school lunches, don't let them eat it.

If you can't afford lunches, are you really in any way shape or form in a position to criticize anything?

So only the owning class get a voice?
What happened to one man, one vote?

Wouldn't you agree that it is beneficial to society to have children (especially from poor conditions) fed well enough to learn, so the circle of poverty can be broken?

However, I do believe that most children in need of free lunch, would benefit from food with higher calorie count. Especially full fat dairy products, since most other fat during their day would come from palm oil..

You know what is beneficial to society, for parents to be able to feed their kids or not have them.
It sounds cruel but it isn't. The cruel thing is to expect others to take care of their bad choices.

Don't get me wrong, back in the day there were poor kids, you know what they learned, starvation sucks and better try to improve their situation.

Now people don't think that way. They think this food is terrible, better get the "owning class" to kick it up a notch.

BTW. what is the "owning class" you mean owning a job?
edit on 27-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Now people don't think that way. They think this food is terrible, better get the "owning class" to kick it up a notch.

BTW. what is the "owning class" you mean owning a job?

But the government hasn't issued me my job yet with the congratulations check to get provisions for said task camp.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well the US governments concentration camps are better than our public schools, so I'm assuming since our kids are actual citizens the state facilities would be like Disneyland. So just sell it to them that way.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The large part of the problem is that most of the kids you are trying to turn into junior foodies are fed crap at home, so crap is all they know.

It's hard to change a diet on one meal a day at school, just like it's hard to re-engineer poor social skills.

I'd almost agree with this if I haven't seen school food first hand. I think it is the lowest grade, lowest quality food possible. Some of it does not seem fit for human consumption. I honestly wouldn't feed it to my dog. It is one thing to have healthy food, it is another thing to have grade b (or whatever it is) food. I haven't been to prison, but I seriously think prison food might be better.

The dietary restrictions imposed by the Obama regime were supposed to introduce healthy food in all the schools. If it didn't, then that isn't the fault of the rules. Bureaucrats will find ways to skim and trim to shortchange the kids in favor of lining their own pockets.

You know as well as I that instead of buying decent portions of low sodium food (sodium isn't all that bad for you, btw, unless you are eating straight up salt and nothing else or have certain health issues), they'll buy the same stuff and simply cut down on the amount they feed so the kids are getting enough of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just would like to also point out that the elementary school my daughter goes to have free lunch implemented at all economic stratifications, poor or rich, so as long as they get one fruit, one vegetable, main entree and drink, it's free.

TX has some really good free lunch programs.

I was on the free lunch program up until High School, (TX, high school is 9-12) and during high school, had the "reduced rate" lunch option. So I still had to pay, but just a couple bucks, small beans.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

"Internment is the imprisonment of people, commonly in large groups, without charges or intent to file charges, and thus no trial."
Whoops, those people detained on the southern border are all awaiting hearings, so no, they are not internment camps, we are not at war with Honduras.
they are neither internment nor concentration camps. anyone using either term to describe the alien detention centers on the southern border is a fool and probably a liar.

so let me get this right "the cruelty of the government knows no bounds" when the states are not allowed to sue the federal government claiming the freebies they receive are not good enough?

Oh the humanity!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

link

This rule recognizes that a state has no legal interest in protecting its citizens from the federal government, and that only the United States, not the states, may represent its citizens and ensure their protection

Does that mean that the Federal military can whip the States guards asses with no comeback?

Any parents here? Does it concern you now that it's a bit closer to our own kids

Well they can forcibly vaccinate them - give them lifelong problems - great for Big Pharma and the medicos, great for Capitalism USA style

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

In fact you can send them to public schools with a bag lunch and they are not forced to eat the free government lunch.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While I do agree that you should be able to care for a child before you get one, I know that will never happen. Poor people will still have kids, probably more than middle/upper class citizens.

These kids need to become something more than their parents, they need a good education to be able to contribute to society. For me every penny spent on a kid is an investment; when they grow up and get a job they will contribute more than the cost of education and so on.

It sounds like you believe that these children are responsible for their parents bad choices, even if don't believe it is how you feel. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

And I don't believe that loosening the regulations around lunches are a bad thing, because an eaten lunch is better than one in the bin.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

2. do scientific experimentation on people who have been placed in internment

Maybe not in those camps but there is history there

www.tandfonline.com...

No Meaningful Apology for American Indian Unethical Research Abuses

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join