It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to states: School lunch changes none of your business

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OP your posts remind me of Trump tweets. Always a good chuckle.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

You know what ever happened to PARENTS being responsible for their children.

Don't like school lunches, don't let them eat it.

If you can't afford lunches, are you really in any way shape or form in a position to criticize anything?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What an emotional mess the OP is, you're trying to conflate two issues that aren't related the slightest and even still you fell for the BS concentration camp line that liberal media pushes, expectedly of course.

Wikipedia isn't a valid source, regardless your poor reasoning and comprehension skills would naturally tie "Concentration camps" to a poorly edited anon definition in the hopes of drawing up images of WW2 concentration camps for the emotionally led.

We know what your game is and no, we don't have concentration camps at the border.

Secondly, cites as to the reasoning from the Fed, since you omitted information...

The government also said the states lacked power to sue under a doctrine known as “parens patriae,” Latin for “parent of the nation,” because it allegedly would not protect children from harm.

Essentially, the states cannot sue based off *SPECULATION that changes to a *FEDERALLY FUNDED school lunch program causes problems. In fact, they state there isn't any evidence in regards to cutting whole grains.

Why were they sueing tho?

The states accused Perdue of acting arbitrarily and capriciously by ignoring dietary guidelines and scientific research when he allowed fewer whole grains and more sodium in meals, easing rules championed by former first lady Michelle Obama.

We know that Michael was pretty bad when it came to school lunches and it ended in dismal failure as none of the kids were eating it, even FREE, lmfao.

So what are some of the changes???

Among the changes were halving the required amounts of whole grains to be served, giving schools more flexibility to serve foods with refined grains such as noodles and tortillas, and delaying or shelving targets for sodium intake.
Schools were also permitted to serve low-fat chocolate milk, rather than fat-free milk.

So, a bit more fattier content, nothing to fuss about, really. When children aren't eating the failed program pushed by liberal policies, they turn to junk food, so the changes are amended to reflect positive dietry trends. Seriously, fat free milks? I say whole milks.

Btw, don't know what the OP is on about as stated and cited here,

Berman called the new rules only “minimum requirements,” and said states remained free to enact stricter requirements.

He also said the states offered no proof that children at 4,100 schools exempted from earlier whole grain rules suffered adverse health consequences.

The nail in the coffin for this ridiculous thread?

***States remain free to enact stricter requirements.

My suggestion? When it comes to my children, mind YOUR business OP.

As for thks thread, the argument is essentially saying that states cannot sue a federally funded program because of speculations and half ass evidence.

Btw, the states never bothered with a rebuttal, lol,

The office of New York Attorney General Letitia James, who led the state coalition, did not immediately respond on Tuesday to requests for comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you can't afford lunches, are you really in any way shape or form in a position to criticize anything?

But my imaginary child is gluten free and gets gassy with dairy, he prefers soy milk based products so he doesn't get the rumbles.

School, more like concentration camp.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Aarghhh...quote and edit button are too close to eachother
edit on 27-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shooterbrody

concentration camps and all you know

It's because children have such high rates of ADHD... We had no choice.

security guard is supposed to be a good job for those with adhd
let them have preferential hiring at ice and send them to guard the border
win/win

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When Michelle Obamas plan took a fact. It was shown the children were throwing away more food especially vegetables.

Kids don’t eat stuff they don’t like unless they’re forced to. Nobody forces them to clean the plate in the school cafeteria. So the dilemma is give them nutritional healthy meals that they don’t like. Or give them what they like so they’ll eat more .

Which by simple logic would dictate (though I’m exaggerating).

Which is better ?

Skinny kids that are given healthy food or fat and happy kids that eat what they’re given.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But my imaginary child is gluten free and gets gassy with dairy, he prefers soy milk based products so he doesn't get the rumbles.

you and db spent alone time together didn't you
it is a scientific miracle

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Alright, now that I got all my lay ups out of the way (I have ADHD, couldn't help myself, my parents never sent me to math concentration camp).

Most American school systems sold out to private companies who outsource the school lunch program... Meaning they demand a profit when many kids get a free or reduced lunch, that model is impossible to work while being beneficial to the kids.

So parents should really pack their kids lunch, or become more vocal about school systems changing that model. It can be done in other ways that have been proven in Austin Texas, where they have a "farm to school" system. I think this could be utilized in areas with a good bit of agiculture. Hell, maybe you could even throw the farmers a bone with some tax breaks if they donate excess product (still good though). Kids eat healthier, schools spend less outsourcing, and local businesses get incentives to pitch in to the community.

You could even get the community college nearby to lend a helping hand with their culinary program. The students there could get hands on experience while developing menus that cater to their market.

Or maybe that's my damn ADHD again.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

you and db spent alone time together didn't you
it is a scientific miracle

I suppose that's what happens when my parents had me dropped off at the farm to save on afterschool watch

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Does any of those schools have a salad bar?

Whole Foods Donates 57 Salad Bars to New York Schools

www.yahoo.com...

That was in 2012. Apparently they do.

So what seems to be the problem? They have an alternative option. Do you think the students should have a choice?

I would suggest focusing your energy on the actual concentration camps on our U.S. soil. Semantics should not be our concern, our cruel and insensitive government should be.

Concentration camps? Do you mean detention centers for people who break the law? What's your beef with those?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hmmm, so the US Government loosened the draconian dietary regime of the Obama years. Does this mean that schools have to loosen their dietary requirements or can they continue to follow Michelle Obama's rules? I understand that the bathroom and locker room requirements are no longer required to be followed too, but many school districts are choosing to continue to follow the "Dear Colleague" letter guidelines anyhow.

I would assume this would be similar. If schools are loading their diets with salt and refined grains then, it would be a choice to relax their standards rather than continue as they were before.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The large part of the problem is that most of the kids you are trying to turn into junior foodies are fed crap at home, so crap is all they know.

It's hard to change a diet on one meal a day at school, just like it's hard to re-engineer poor social skills.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The large part of the problem is that most of the kids you are trying to turn into junior foodies are fed crap at home, so crap is all they know.

It's hard to change a diet on one meal a day at school, just like it's hard to re-engineer poor social skills.

I'd almost agree with this if I haven't seen school food first hand. I think it is the lowest grade, lowest quality food possible. Some of it does not seem fit for human consumption. I honestly wouldn't feed it to my dog. It is one thing to have healthy food, it is another thing to have grade b (or whatever it is) food. I haven't been to prison, but I seriously think prison food might be better.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To the guy pointing out a 70+ year old reference about what "oppression" really is.

Just because hurdles are getting lower, doesn't mean we don't still have to jump them.

Society is better than it has been, but it's far from perfect. Look forward, not backward, my friend.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When Obama was in office, there were people saying that conservatives were going to be rounded up and placed in concentration camps.
At least they had photos of FEMA camps and coffins to go with their CT.
Here, the OP twists a non-story about school lunches into a 'we all gonna die in concentration camps'.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Since no one that posted so far is a school food service worker I will throw my two cents in. My wife IS a public school cook and I worked there in a different capacity for eighteen years, including working with the free/reduced lunch information. They have very strict guidelines that they're forced to follow resulting in meals that a lot of kids don't like and/or won't eat. Our school has a fairly high free/reduced count so a lot of kids get these breakfasts and lunches free and the school gets reimbursed something like a buck and a half to two bucks per kid.

So what do some parents do? They send cash with their kids to buy ala carte' (in the middle/high school only) and the kids end up eating pizza or junk food from the local party store instead. Pretty much everything they serve is pre-processed crap and they can't make their own like most of us had when we were growing up. Other parents don't give a crap and some kids won't eat and go hungry. It's really messed up thanks to the government and some bad parents.
edit on 27-8-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Other countries have pulled it off. Surely we can get back to kids eating foods that look natural.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's really messed up thanks to the government.

thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I haven't been to prison, but I seriously think prison food might be better.

I have eaten prison food (as a guest, not an inmate) and there is nothing worse in my opinion except for moldy, rotten food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join