It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people finally catching on how dangerous ANTIFA really is?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yes, evidently, I am too, hardwired to distrust. But more because of bad experiences that hardened that distrust.

In general, I am a loving person that often puts too much trust into someone. I think that is the reason I fell so hard. Kind of.

But life is a lesson and I live it by learning them.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: The2Billies

I get your point, but.................how many active Antifa are there? Where are they? They are a problem in what? Portland? I have never seen any evidence of any Antifa activity in Texas or anywhere outside of Oregon. Even at Charleston, they were bused in from somewhere else, probably Oregon.

Its like the KKK bunch, all 25 of them, together with the 30 or so Aryan Nation. These groups have no substantial membership; nutters.

The NY branch has 18,000 members on it's site.
Philadelphia branch has 6,000 members on it's site.
www.bustle.com...

ANTIFA has created problems - riots, violence, property damage:
Dayton Ohio
Charlottesville VA
Portland OR
The Texas ANTIFA chapter in Houston, TX
Berkeley, CA
San Francisco chapter in Sacramento, CA
Washington DC
at a Church in Austin TX, and another in Georgetown TX
Nashville, TN
The Dayton OH mass shooter was ANTIFA
Philadelphia PA
Tacoma, WA
Ottawa, Canada
Dartmouth College
Seattle, WA
Colorado State University
University of Toronto
Columbia University

They are an underground, secretive movement and therefore are not easy to count. Suffice it to say they have been by far much much more active than all the "white supremacist" groups put together and their rallies are much much larger.

ijr.com...
thefederalistpapers.org...
www.bbc.com...
twitter.com...
(rather than list a longer litany of links, if you don't believe me, look it up for yourself)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When should Antifa be considered a legitimate threat?

Same time when conservatives stop calling white supremacy a hoax and quit downplaying every attrocity done by people who identify as right wing.
How many people have ANTIFA murdered so far?
0 is the answer.

Um, sorry nypost.com...

Connor Betts (Dayton) killed 34 people and injured dozens more. Betts had long expressed support for antifa accounts, causes and individuals. That would be the loose network of militant leftist activists who physically attack anyone to the right of Mao in the name of “anti-fascism.” In particular, Betts promoted extreme hatred of American border enforcement. “Kill every fascist,” the shooter declared in 2018 on twitter, echoing a rallying cry of antifa ideologues. Over the next year, his tweets became increasingly violent. “Nazis deserve death and nothing else,” he tweeted last October. Betts frequently flung the label “Nazi” at those with whom he disagreed online

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Connor Betts (Dayton) killed 34 people and injured dozens more. Betts had long expressed support for antifa accounts, causes and individuals. That would be the loose network of militant leftist activists who physically attack anyone to the right of Mao in the name of “anti-fascism.” In particular, Betts promoted extreme hatred of American border enforcement. “Kill every fascist,” the shooter declared in 2018 on twitter, echoing a rallying cry of antifa ideologues. Over the next year, his tweets became increasingly violent. “Nazis deserve death and nothing else,” he tweeted last October. Betts frequently flung the label “Nazi” at those with whom he disagreed online

Way to alter that to fit your narrative. He killed 9 people, including his transgender sibling, and there's zero evidence that his killings were politically motivated.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Antifa is not the problem. Nor is trump. They are symptoms of the problem which is consolidation of power and control by the wealthy elite and the corporations on all the worlds resources. These greedy groups keep taking more and more, and making life harder and harder for everyone else, and are going to wind up killing capitalism with their greed and authoritarianism. And as long as they keep expanding the wealth gap and exerting greater control on the lives of everyone else, groups like antifa will continue to grow and further radicalize until it all blows up.
edit on 27-8-2019 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: raedar

You can't get attacked by a shark if you're not in the water.

Similarly, I doubt you'd get attacked by ANTIFA unless you're at one of their LARP's in Portland.

The right drums up fear of ANTIFA, the left drums up fear of white supremists... I've been far and wide through this country, would it blow your mind if I said I've never seen either?

Again, super marginal dumbasses who only think they have power because people "fear" them. Not I.

Its quite simple. They are Antifa outside of those larps as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: raedar

You can't get attacked by a shark if you're not in the water.

Similarly, I doubt you'd get attacked by ANTIFA unless you're at one of their LARP's in Portland.

The right drums up fear of ANTIFA, the left drums up fear of white supremists... I've been far and wide through this country, would it blow your mind if I said I've never seen either?

Again, super marginal dumbasses who only think they have power because people "fear" them. Not I.

Its quite simple. They are Antifa outside of those larps as well.

Yea, but they're too big of a bitch to fight without all their boys behind them.

There are people capable of crime everywhere. I've never had a random stranger try to do anything other than a drunk guy at a bar.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm kind of tired of all groups.

Every single group, club, left, right, etc, etc are all whack jobs. It seems to be gettin ggv worse from both political parties.

It seems like every single person that follows suit in some sort of clan has seriously got their wires crossed.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That is the intent. It’s the same age old issue, those with money and power fighting to subjugate all those without. And their main power play is the complete dissolution of societal unity. Hence their exacerbating the schisms between the working class and the poor, the white brown yellow and red, the Muslim Christian and Jew. They’re good, and they’ve pretty much won. Too bad their unending greed will lead the whole thing to total destruction. One thing the wealthy elite have never, ever been able to do, at any time in history, is temper their greed enough to find a happy middle ground allowing the working class enough of their scraps to maintain any equilibrium. They have always, every single time, taken and taken until the whole thing blows up in war, revolution, societal collapse, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Open question, help yourselves. . . .

I want to ask you a counter question.

Do you think there should be more of a response than localities doing their job?

The problem I see is that too many are embracing Antifa instead of condemning them.

They are/have become the militant arm of the democrat party.

Militant arm.
How many have they killed so far?
I understand your dislike of the lot, but let's not get carried away

Should we wait for someone to die from one of their riots before addressing their violent nature or their alliance with the democrat party?

Ah, so they're guilty until found innocent?
Bejeezus.
Strange thing to write by someone who is pro constitution.
You know you're wrong.
BTW, Antifa never advocated for murder of evangelicals, some random proffesor, who has nothing to do with Antifa BTW, did
edit on 27-8-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

True ANTIFA itself has not called to kill Christians. They have just attacked 2 Christian churches, and a prayer rally, but no one really cares do they? A professor who says "I am ANTIFA" threatens to kill Christians, but no one really cares do they?
An ANTIFA member commits mass murder and of course it isn't ANTIFA's fault he's angry and violent.

Ok, ANTIFA is a bunch of wayward snowflakes whose motives behind their rioting, violence and general mayhem are simply misunderstood upper class college children who want to find meaning in life. The fact they are all progressive liberals who want to shut down anyone who disagrees with them is simply a symptom of their childish college pranking, they aren't violent at all, simply misunderstood spoiled rich kids.

edit on 8/27/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This was exactly my thought. Does anyone honestly think that the government of 1968 didn't take a long hard look at Chicago and then plan to neuter civil disobedience?

No. The machine adapted years ago. Protest theater is a fart in a wind tunnel. If you don't LARP, avoid. It's easy. They have permits and everything.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Do you think there should be more of a response than localities doing their job?

The problem I see is that too many are embracing Antifa instead of condemning them.

Militant arm.

Should we wait for someone to die from one of their riots before addressing their violent nature or their alliance with the democrat party?

Bejeezus.
You know you're wrong.
BTW, Antifa never advocated for murder of evangelicals, some random proffesor, who has nothing to do with Antifa BTW, did

So you think violent Antifa members should not be punished.

Ummm, 'kay.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Antifa ha been semi-successful because it acts in cities where the city administration is of the same mind. Antifa will not play in the South or much of the southwest. If they did, there would be many corpses. Of course there would be investigations, but in a mirror image of Portland, no charges.
Antifa lives are 100% worthless.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is that what he said?

He's essentially agreeing with a view you have agreed with in the past. Just because there may be violent Antifa members, we shouldn't be convicting the entire group because a single member breaks the law.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher4256

Antifa ha been semi-successful because it acts in cities where the city administration is of the same mind. Antifa will not play in the South or much of the southwest. If they did, there would be many corpses. Of course there would be investigations, but in a mirror image of Portland, no charges.
Antifa lives are 100% worthless.

And he were have someone actually advocating murder because of a person's political affiliation.

Should we also label ATS as a terrorist organization? We do have blood on our hands.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Militant arm.

Bejeezus.
You know you're wrong.

So you think violent Antifa members should not be punished.

Ummm, 'kay.

One might say they are punished enough with threads like this already. And I can't remember a single instance of an assault going unpunished, at least unless it aint Proud Boys hunting Antifas for bonus-points to ... err... "ascend" a stupid ladder.

Anyhow. Free Speech and freedom for sale! I am in the lucky position to offer both for the price of one. Any takers? Are we catching up already? No?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Is that what he said?

He's essentially agreeing with a view you have agreed with in the past. Just because there may be violent Antifa members, we shouldn't be convicting the entire group because a single member breaks the law.

I see the left being pretty damned vague when it comes to Antifa.

I'm on record to defend their right to freely assemble and protest all they want.

But I rarely see anyone coming out to condemn the violence that they often bring.

Like I've stated, Antifa is more the militant arm of the democrat party than anything else.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And I've seen no condemnation from the Right in regard to the fact that most terror attacks in this country are committed by Far Right extremists.

Should we start rounding up all members of the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer/Identity Evropa because they espouse violent ideology and have violent members?

At what point do we start arresting the Far Right en masse? That will give you the answer to when we should start arresting the Far Left en masse.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And I've seen no condemnation from the Right in regard to the fact that most terror attacks in this country are committed by Far Right extremists.

Because the data is skewed and it's biased as hell. As an engineer, I'd be ashamed of myself if I presented shoddy data like that.

Should we start rounding up all members of the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer/Identity Evropa because they espouse violent ideology and have violent members?

Only if they commit acts of violence.

Hell, shoot 'em for all I care.

At what point do we start arresting the Far Right en masse? That will give you the answer to when we should start arresting the Far Left en masse.

The far right will be arrested "en masse" when a democrat gets elected into office.

So just be patient.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join