It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people finally catching on how dangerous ANTIFA really is?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When should Antifa be considered a legitimate threat?

Open question, help yourselves. . . .

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: CriticalStinker
White nationalists, I keep seeing this term can you explain it to me, and why it's bad?

Is it just the lefts "clever" way of calling Amy white person that loves their country a racist?

Note just asking for clarification not saying anything about you .

I definitely think the term gets overused and conflated with other terms. So you can be nationalist (anti-globalism) without being a white nationalist or white supremist who wishes an ethno state.

Inversely you could be a liberal who isn't a communist.

But there is an infatuation in this country of people finding the worst examples of the other side, however minute, and associating it with the whole.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I dont think people are now "catching on"... everyone knows Antifa is violent (similarly to the far right)... You either accept that reality, or you remain in total denial to yourself due to your political bias.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're a localized symptom of a problem IMO. If cities arrested the ones that broke the laws, they'd stop their shenanigans.

I don't think they should be discussed in context of a national threat though, because I don't see it as that. Where are they a reoccurring problem other than the west coast?
edit on 27-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: fixed there to their

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Same time when conservatives stop calling white supremacy a hoax and quit downplaying every attrocity done by people who identify as right wing.
How many people have ANTIFA murdered so far?
0 is the answer.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Same time when conservatives stop calling white supremacy a hoax and quit downplaying every attrocity done by people who identify as right wing.

Both groups are crazy though and don't really embody the beliefs a majority of right and left do though. They're both fringe minorities.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I want to ask you a counter question.

Do you think there should be more of a response than localities doing their job?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They need to make it illegal to wear masks while protesting/public demonstrations, similar to what we see in Portland... If they cant hide their identity maybe they will stop acting in the manner they do. Maybe they wont be so bold if their face is showing. If your face is shown, you are at risk of colleagues, family, friends, spouses seeing you shown as a member of Antifa... Maybe that alone could be a deterrent from the growing crowds at their protests/gatherings

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

They need to make it illegal to wear masks while protesting/public demonstrations, similar to what we see in Portland... If they cant hide their identity maybe they will stop acting in the manner they do.

Maybe that would be a good solution for that area, but I don't want to see that adopted as national policy.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Fascists will bemoan anti-fascists as soon as their lies, xenophobia, bigotry, misogyny etc are being exposed.
1930s Europe saw a couple of guys call anti-fascists a threat, but antifa corrected them finally.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They need to make it illegal to wear masks while protesting/public demonstrations, similar to what we see in Portland... If they cant hide their identity maybe they will stop acting in the manner they do.

Maybe that would be a good solution for that area, but I don't want to see that adopted as national policy.

Why? I dont have a problem with that. I'm not saying to abolish the use of masks all together, just when its a public protest/illegal gatherings. If you stand behind something, then stand behind proudly showing your face... we need to make changes, because when antifa members are wearing masks and dumping concrete/milk shakes on people with opposing views and hurling cheap shots all around, we need changes... cowards need to hide their face

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I understand your logic, but it's about freedom to me.

And there are reasons to have a mask if you're protesting. Lately a lot of pipeline companies have been able to express eminent domain to take people's land across the country. Since the government sold them out, the only recourse they have left is to protest. If that's not bad enough the pipeline hired mercenary groups to spy on the protesters and find ways to thwart them.

Now oil lobbyists are bragging behind closed doors that they are making protesting pipelines illegal in certain parts of the country.

As I said on page 2, this is why I argue the hyperbole. The rhetoric and misplaced fear often results in a decrease in civil liberties like right to demonstrate, freedom of speech, and freedom of anonymity... All while giving more power to entities that are not citizens.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
They need to make it illegal to wear masks while protesting/public demonstrations, similar to what we see in Portland... If they cant hide their identity maybe they will stop acting in the manner they do. Maybe they wont be so bold if their face is showing. If your face is shown, you are at risk of colleagues, family, friends, spouses seeing you shown as a member of Antifa... Maybe that alone could be a deterrent from the growing crowds at their protests/gatherings

Ban masks and milkshakes!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Yes, ban "Concrete" milkshakes..... and masks!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You skipped some steps in between the minority and good people did nothing part, but I guess you know that.

Just one example:
en.wikipedia.org...

The "good people" who did nothing in this case, were the authorities (Police, Law enforcement..).

Please read up on history okay? It is easy to jump on the "good people did nothing" train. Good people were shot, tortured or camped just like the people Hitler thought were scum. Newspapers, Radio, all bought and controlled by the NSDAP.

You know what Blockwart was? Basically a snitch in your surounding, snitching out everyone to the SS who acted suspicious. Please stop the bull#ting and buy yourself a history book.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Yes, ban "Concrete" milkshakes..... and masks!

So to combat a small isolated problem, we ban masks country wide... We let West Coast incompetence dictate national policy. Should we put more laws outlying the right to assemble? Should we let the left continue on their mission to tell us what type of speech is OK, or who is allowed to have a gun?

What will we be left with, a sterilized environment deemed safe by our government?

No thanks to both sides, no thanks to less freedom. I'd rather local police just do their job and enforce existing laws. I'm not scared of ANTIFA or any other fringe groups... So let's just allow people their freedoms, and if they abuse it and break the law... arrest them.

Because both sides of the aisle are selling off freedom to spite the other, and frankly, I'm getting fed up with both of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I see the violence and forced acceptance of ideology is being perpetuated by the “anti-fascists” thereby creating exactly what they claim to combat. It’s amazing that the “anti-fascists” are actual fascists simply playing a different tune.

At least the people on the far right are working to protect their rights already established in the US. It’s literally nothing new or groundbreaking. It’s been well-established our entire lives.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Do you think there should be more of a response than localities doing their job?

The problem I see is that too many are embracing Antifa instead of condemning them.

They are/have become the militant arm of the democrat party.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The problem I see is that too many are embracing Antifa instead of condemning them.

They are/have become the militant arm of the democrat party.

What's your solution?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i didnt feel like explaining german history from 1925 to 1945. Eventually a very vocal group took over. I cant see that happening for awhile but if the wussification of the us continues...it will happen sooner than later. Especislly considering 71%0of males 18=to 24 dont even qualify to serve in the armed forces.

a reply to: Oleandra88

edit on 27-8-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join