It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people finally catching on how dangerous ANTIFA really is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Nazism sfarted as a tiny minority too. Then good people did nothing.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'll literally eat dead street crow if ANTIFA takes over America and upload the video to ATS.

that will be different than any other day how?
like we don't already know about your weird eating habits.......

As a betting man, I know how to hedge my bets.

Propose my "punishment" as something I already do on Thursdays.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When, in your opinion, should Antifa be a concern?

I could understand your concern, you live near Portland.

I have more of a chance of being hit by a deer than an ANTIFA NEET.

In all seriousness... 99% of the country has police that don't put up with that sh##.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I think you misunderstand - I do not fear Antifa. I find it is a concern as to who funds them and why they are allowed to beat down citizens without being held accountable.

There are policies rolling out in many US cities that seem to align with the vitriol of Antifa. My city, for example, rolled out policies to allow homeless to camp and set up homesteads anywhere in the city. Immediately there was an increase in tent towns all over the place. Immediately there was a spike in violence not to mention trash and abandoned tents and furniture all about. They place a large shelter in the middle of a neighborhood and near a school, they pushed it through in a secret meeting in the middle of the night at the cost of millions to the tax payers.

There are early signs that a change is coming to your city too, where your voice will not matter nor be acknowledged. City Council will stare at their phone while you use your few minutes to object.

This is happening and you will be forced to see it soon enough.
edit on 27-8-2019 by raedar because: Typo

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar
your city embraces it weirdness
it wont tolerate the lawlessness that accompanies such
not for long

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
People are catching on Antifa has no organizational structure. Mildly more than a joke when they cause property damage is how I would describe them. It would be like rounding up all the high school trouble makers/ punk rockers of every high school in the city and telling them to meet at the corner of Main and 1st street next Tues at 2pm. Couldn't really do that during the 80's but now they have social media. Even with that, look at them. No uniformity, random property damage, attacks. I would only be concerned if they started displaying structure which they are unable to do. They can't do it because eventually punks grow up when they realize their life truly sucks and need to get on with life.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Part of the structuring of America allows states and localities to develop their own laws and enforcement of such.

It comes to no surprise that Portland sits idly by as the worst and most extreme of the left run rampant as they wish... And if I'm being honest, I like it that way. Let them display who they are, now we all know. If Portland wishes to give them refuge, good... Less chance they'll flee to where I live since they have a haven.

You live in Austin, who shares the same motto as Portland, Keep _____ Weird.

I live in a moderate community who hates all forms of extremism... If the police didn't step in here while extremism ran rampant, I assure you, our citizens would.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

My instincts tell me this will only get worse and become more widespread. I’m not gifted with any divine soothsaying nor do I possess any advanced studies. I have, however, been watching this stuff since the 90s and I’m one who believes we’ve been compromised at every level with corruption and hidden agendas. Coming soon to your city? Maybe.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
same state western side
they dont take kindly to that type of behavior here

UT and the rest of the state are vastly different

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'm more concerned with overreaction than ANTIFA itself. Here's a thread with OP, and many members pitching the idea our military stepping in to shoot ANTIFA. We've also seen recently Trump humoring titling them as a terrorist organization. This is why I typically stay in the independent camp, both sides seek equity, not freedom or equality. Both would rather give into fear and allow the federal government more power, overreach, and authority.

There are laws in place right now to prevent all of this... Which a vast majority of the country is happy to enforce and prosecute under. We don't need more, look at the reoccurring trend of these incidents, they happen in places like Berkeley or Portland. That's why I don't live in those places, I know better.

If it starts to happen here, and the local authorities and worse the citizens sit on their hands allowing the city to transform... I'll move to a place that doesn't tolerate extremism from any side.
edit on 27-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

same state western side
they dont take kindly to that type of behavior here

UT and the rest of the state are vastly different

I would love to watch ANTIFA have an event in West Texas. I'd make a drinking game out of it and have one hell of a night, I'd even turn on cable TV for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It probably sounded implausable back then too. Look at the 4 pak o dems. If they ever get in charge then look out. A new study of millennials found patriotism is in decline as an attribute so who knows what the future looks like. We will know in 2020.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
It probably sounded implausable back then too. Look at the 4 pak o dems. If they ever get in charge then look out. A new study of millennials found patriotism is in decline as an attribute so who knows what the future looks like. We will know in 2020.

I don't think today's youth is much different than decades past. I bet if you had the same survey post Vietnam war, you'd have similar results. I think patriotism gets directly associated with foreign policy (at least in time of war).

ANTIFA just filled a void that was left unnoticed for a while. And there are some douchebags that claim to be part of the right who do messed up things as well. But notice, I won't use either to paint the whole of either side. Most people don't tolerate such actions... And the worse thing IMO is to give them your fear and attention, give them that and they'll only stick around.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They're such a huge, widespread threat that I've met exactly one person who claims to be ANTIFA, and she's a 100 or so pound chick. Kinda cute. So far they're responsible for zero deaths, yet one of them has died at a protest. They're BARELY a group. No organization, just online posts for gatherings. They did inconvenience my life once by getting a Taake concert shut down. I really wanted to see those guys.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Again, super marginal dumbasses who only think they have power because people "fear" them. Not I.

Maybe if you were one of the drivers, seen in the clip below, you would be fearful. Explain why this sort of thing should be allowed? How is it that Antifa can stage these protests and then block and direct traffic, without repercussions? How is it acceptable to curse, chase and throw things at people in their cars, who simply want to go about their daily lives and travel from point A to point B, without getting assaulted? Why does the mayor force the police to stand down in these situations? Would he do this if the Proud Boys did this sort of thing? Of course not.

Granted, I probably haven't traveled the country as much as you, but I doubt this sort of behavior is allowed in other cities. I don't care what group you belong to. This type of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen on any city street.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yeah that’s pretty scary. I agree that these are fringe orgs stirring the fear. For me it stirs the fear that it’s becoming the norm to stage open view beat downs when elections or policies don’t go the way of one’s own flavor. Factor with that the complete s#show of the education indoctrination from K-University and we have a potential for disaster within a short time.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am not sure how long I will last in Austin but I’m rooted by family and a spiritual group. Once my parents leave this realm and my nephews and niece get their growing done, I have considered the van life. This country is too beautiful to sit in a twisted up city.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
austin is a great place to visit imo
just a little weird
not really like any other city I have visited

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Portland's spineless leadership allowed that to happen. They were too fearful of upsetting their base and even let these thugs make fools of them at the city council building.

The last demonstration looked that Portland had enough of being a laughing stock of enforcing rule of law, and the police had a barrier between the two groups, the last point I had followed it mid day, no skirmishes were reported between the two.

Granted, I probably haven't traveled the country as much as you, but I doubt this sort of behavior is allowed in other cities. I don't care what group you belong to. This type of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen on any city street.

Precisely, most communities aren't mushmouthed enough to allow such lawlessness in their city limits.

But the problem is, all of these groups use the inverse marginal groups to justify their presence. ANTIFA acts like neo-nazis aren't marginal, but they are, and so is ANTIFA.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
White nationalists, I keep seeing this term can you explain it to me, and why it's bad?

Is it just the lefts "clever" way of calling Amy white person that loves their country a racist?

Note just asking for clarification not saying anything about you .

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

austin is a great place to visit imo
just a little weird
not really like any other city I have visited

Absolutely. Austin has an incredibly rich and diverse food scene, a vibrant music presence, and plenty of stuff to do. I'm visiting my sister sometime in the next year down there... I just couldn't live there. It reminds me of Asheville, only Asheville is a bit more scenic with their mountains (but another place I couldn't live).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join