It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million+Hong Kong Protestors Sing Hallelujah to the Lord

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yeah meanwhile in the US they were sterilizing Native Indians - and killing anti war protesters ( Kent State Uni ) so it wasn't exactly roses

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

but we can agree that it is relative isn't it? What is clear is that America is far more free because Americans actually have freedoms of speech a

Yeah sure whatever you say...then theres the Patriot Act......

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

derailed by your anti antisemitism.

Aint gonna work with me.

Why is it whenever someone states that Israel gets special favours they try to shut down discussion by blanket labeling any criticism Anit Semitic?

How about those Muslim grooming pedophile gangs in the UK, what's up with that?

Who's derailing now - I though the topic was Hong Kong not Britain

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh right, it was so quaint, Americans were up in arms at the thought that the government could find out what library books we were reading, imagine that. Of course the patriot act did not create any restrictions on free speech or do away with the right to bear arms, where were you going with that?

I note that you failed to answer the question that you made the effort to cut and paste, interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Even though you are still going on about it for some reason Israel is not remotely related to the topic here. If you can throw out random whataboutisms why can't I?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah meanwhile in the US they were sterilizing Native Indians - and killing anti war protesters ( Kent State Uni ) so it wasn't exactly roses

True but still better than communism.
100 million+ dead
Nothing in human history anywhere on the planet even comes close.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
God bless them!!! They realize the greatest country in the world, The USA, was founded by Christian men and women and created the greatest governmental document ever produced, Our constitution. May they have the Lords help to over come the Luciferian Communists.
edit on 28-8-2019 by Ansuzrune because: word change

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

How does it appear like that? I have the example of a man imprisoned for making a youtube video, what example of freedom of speech being restricted in the US did you come up with?

Man you are so lost , I never suggested the USA had an issue, go on qoute where i said the USA had no free speech, it was you that started this ball rolling with your the UK has no free speech, and then used an American woman who claimed to be a gay man as some sort of proof of how I cant say something in the UK

And for gods sake he WAS NOT imprisoned so no you dont have an example and thoroughly proved all you care about is your own agenda, how little do you actually know of this case, he was fined £800, go and read and learn first

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No government can stand up to a united populace. Bravo to the people in Hong Kong!!!

Even though what's happening there should be a lead story most days, the MSM reduces it to an also happened today story. What's happening there is a huge event in world history, no matter how it ends and it may well end with the compromise of Hong Kong gaining autonomy in it's own rule. A step towards democracy.

The MSM must believe their audiences are so shallow that they won't understand what's going on there and they may be right.

My apologies for posting on topic; I'll let you get back to your off topic bickering.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

He was not arrested? In the UK they don't put you in jail, or "imprison" you when you are arrested? He was not convicted of a criminal offense for a speech crime?
If you can be convicted of a speech crime, for which he could have been given an actual prison sentence in addition to his fine, then you don't live in a country with free speech.

And of course that guy is not actually the only person in the UK to have been convicted of that crime is he?

In fact in London alone thousands have been arrested for online section 127 speech crimes.

www.independent.co.uk...

Still no examples of America not having free speech?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No as i never said it and never have, you are being argumentative for the sake of it now, and your use of imprisoned was initially used like a tabloid headline, the ultimate price he paid for his moment of stupidity was £800, a far cry from imprisoned

A visit to the police station is part of that process, do you not have hate crimes in the USA

Criminal Justice Information Services Division

In 2017, 16,149 law enforcement agencies participated in the Hate Crime Statistics Program. Of these agencies, 2,040 reported 7,175 hate crime incidents involving 8,437 offenses. (See Tables 1 and 12.)

I imagine some of the above were also penalised finacially but I bet they all went to the local police station, were they 'imprisoned' in the same way as your pug friend? or is it different in the USA?

Now we are both just wasting each others time, why dont you, tell me something to say that you belive will get ME arrested that if you said it, you WOULD NOT get arrested.

And then make your own thread about it as I will no longer derail this thread, I imagine the mods will remove most of our comments, so I await your thread for us to properly deabte your nazi pug dog friend and his moment of stupidity.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hate crimes are not speech crimes, beating someone to death or murdering someone for their race or religion is not a form of speech. Violent crime is not speech. Not that I think that hate crimes laws are needed but they are not speech crimes and not related to free speech or the first amendment.

You really didn't think my meme violates the speech crime statute in your country that I posted?

What part of the law didn't that meme satisfy? Why haven't you posted it yet?

Or better yet, since your whole thing is the phony claim that you can post anything you want, why not post your own meme with your own drawing of Mohamed?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
No government can stand up to a united populace. Bravo to the people in Hong Kong!!!

Even though what's happening there should be a lead story most days, the MSM reduces it to an also happened today story. What's happening there is a huge event in world history, no matter how it ends and it may well end with the compromise of Hong Kong gaining autonomy in it's own rule. A step towards democracy.

The MSM must believe their audiences are so shallow that they won't understand what's going on there and they may be right.

My apologies for posting on topic; I'll let you get back to your off topic bickering.

Glad we agree on something , for a change.

edit on 28-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Oh right, it was so quaint, Americans were up in arms at the thought that the government could find out what library books we were reading, imagine that. Of course the patriot act did not create any restrictions on free speech or do away with the right to bear arms, where were you going with that?

I note that you failed to answer the question that you made the effort to cut and paste, interesting.

Well, didn't the shrub Bush (R) have those 'Free Speech Zones' where people could say what they wanted IF they were in the 'Zone'?

edit on 29-8-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The beginning of a very very long end..............HK we wish you well

China rotates new troops into Hong Kong amid mass protests

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I don't recall seeing any such zones or ever not saying what I wanted about Bush.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hong Kong Democracy Activists Joshua Wong and Agnes Chow Have Been Arrested, Party Says

www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join