It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Columnist Calls For Anti-GOP Violence: Burn Down The Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
?
I’ll bet you think she literally throws babies out with bath water.

Metaphor , a met-a-phor.

Can you say metaphor?
Sure, I knew ya could.

Don’t be cry babies.😂

edit on 27-8-2019 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
When the left does it “it’s a metaphor”

When the left does it “don’t be cry babies”

When the left lies and says the right does it “REEEEEEEEEE racist bigot fascist violence Hitler”

Pathetic

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

When the left lies and says the right does it “REEEEEEEEEE racist bigot fascist violence Hitler”

Pathetic

It’s still just a metaphor no matter how upset it makes you, or anyone else.
No one incited violence. Sometimes you have to leave the beehive and think for yourself.
I’d say this totally misleading bait thread is one of those times.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Pathetic

It’s still just a metaphor no matter how upset it makes you, or anyone else.
No one incited violence. Sometimes you have to leave the beehive and think for yourself.
I’d say this totally misleading bait thread is one of those times.

Yeah you’re probably right.
Just funny how it’s not “just a metaphor” when the shoe is on the other foot.
It’s ALWAYS literal.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is the type of hatred that should be illegal. This is not freedom of the press. This is spreading hatred.

This woman should be arrested and prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I agree, it’s not funny from either side. The exaggerations used to make points, or really, to score points.
Seems like it’s all about audience now, playing to an audience.
Sadly there are “sides” each one thinking the other is messed up in the head.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

This is the type of hatred that should be illegal. This is not freedom of the press. This is spreading hatred.

This woman should be arrested and prosecuted.

They keep calling Trump a nazi and at this point I would defend
him reminding them what fascism really is. Long enough to jail
all their asses and put a halt to their demon lies.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Sounds real Conservative to me. I actually skipped the part where you said she went on MSNBC and thought this person was saying this for the WP. I kept thinking that this sounds like someone MSNBC would have on as a "Conservative" .. went back and saw it was MSNBC afterall.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Yep ... It's all metaphor and jokes right up until someone from the "unapproved" side does it, and then it's horrible and taken at literal face value.

I believe this is how y'all play the game; is it not?

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Donald Trump is literally conspiring with Russia because he did so ask them to get her emails, and Jennifer Rubin just called for a total Holocaust against anyone who voted for Trump.

This is how it works now.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sounds real Conservative to me. I actually skipped the part where you said she went on MSNBC and thought this person was saying this for the WP. I kept thinking that this sounds like someone MSNBC would have on as a "Conservative" .. went back and saw it was MSNBC afterall.

It's Jennifer Rubin. She's been a convenient plantation conservative for WaPo so they claim they are being balanced on their editorial page for a while now.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Apparently, Jennifer Rubin is quite the chameleon.

Before moving into opinion writing, Rubin was a labor and employment lawyer in Los Angeles, working for Hollywood studios, for 20 years. She now describes herself as a "recovering lawyer". Commenting on working with her from 2000–05, Hollywood animator and trade union leader Steve Hulett described her to Media Matters as "always funny, with sharp observations. I never got the impression she was anything but a Democrat ... she was mildly critical of some of Kerry's campaign moves during the '04 campaign, but she wasn't in the Bush camp ... it's somewhat startling to me that she is now hard right.

en.wikipedia.org...(journalist)

edit on 27-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

"Life after Donald Trump" Sounds like something we won't have to worry about for 5 years at least.

#thirdterm

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I sincerely believe that when Trump gets re-elected in 2020 we’ll see riots and violence in the streets.

These people are insane, frothing at the mouths and are barely constrained as it is. They’ve been lied to and made to believe that anyone who disagrees with them are the enemy and as such it is ok, right even, to commit violence against them.

Trump 2020, stay safe out there folks.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I take it you agree with this kind of nonsense (lack of) thinking?

Whatever happened to the freedom to believe what you want, agreeing to disagree, respectful debates? Now you derps think that anyone that disagrees with you is the enemy. You’re causing this violence we’re seeing by acting in such a childish way.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I’m not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It does work that way now.
People have taken sides, because they think they have to.
One side doubles down on their support of what they put in the White House, despite buyer’s remorse.

Another side can’t even scrape together a decent candidate.

Who wins in the current scenario?

And when you say “y’all “In the context of your comment.
What group have you placed me in?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

No, I don’t agree with her. She only wants to shun one party.

But this thing where you ask what happened to agreeing to disagree, respectful debates. Then use the term “you derps”. Well I think that answers your question!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
?
I’ll bet you think she literally throws babies out with bath water.

Metaphor , a met-a-phor.

Can you say metaphor?
Sure, I knew ya could.

Don’t be cry babies.😂

Really crybabies? The leftist snowflakes and their safe spaces literally own the term.

People are sick of the lefts nonsense, I'm one of them. When you have high ranking members of a party and the people that support them constantly inciting violence and disaccord, calling people nazis and racist, congress members staging pics and straight up lying to the American public, the leftist media propaganda machine starting race wars, creating angst and division amongst society, the race baiting and all the other BS the lefts doing right now it gets to a point that enough is enough.

FFS they're trying to say Trumps worst than Hitler and Stalin and you got the gall and audacity to call people crybabies and that they need to think for themselves because they're pointing out the lefts constant nonstop 24/7 insane BS? Well boo hoo to you too, theres no wonder no one takes the left remotely serious anymore, they've become a joke. They're all a bunch of hypocrites and cowards to weak to admit when they're wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd go for that if we also burn down the democratic party. If we could just start over without either I would be happy.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
I'd go for that if we also burn down the democratic party. If we could just start over without either I would be happy.

Incitement !!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

She's an anti-freedom authoritarian.

Communist, hater.

I imagine some weak-minded leftist (redundant) will probably take her literally and try to kill as many non-leftists as possible.

Then the evil authoritarian douche-bag leftists can scream about gun control and try to take away more rights and freedoms.

edit on 27-8-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join