It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa - former Bosasa CEO dies in alleged car crash.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Gavin Watson, the CEO of African Global Operations (formally Bosasa) was killed in an apparent car crash yesterday.

Bosasa was involved in myriad journalistic and other investigations of corruption in South Africa recently, notably:

The company's former chief operating officer, Angelo Agrizzi, testified to the Zondo Commission that the company was extensively involved in corrupt activities during the presidency of Jacob Zuma that directly implicated then President Zuma and his associates. These involved monthly payments of R300,000 collected on behalf of Zuma by former South African Airways chairperson Dudu Myeni.[3] It is also involved donations and kickbacks to the African National Congress (ANC) and key party members including a R500,000 donation to Cyril Ramaphosa during his 2017 campaign for president of the ANC.[10][11] Agrizzi also claimed that government minister Nomvula Mokonyane was paid R50,000 a month for years to protect the company from law enforcement agencies[12] and that the company paid R300,000 for security upgrades to properties owned by Gwede Mantashe.[13] ANC Eastern Cape treasurer Babalo Madikizela has stated that the Bosasa scandal will make it more difficult for the ANC to raise funds in the future.[14] News24 reported that its estimated that over R40 million was donated by Bosasa over the years to the ANC representing a significant source of revenue for the party.[15] The scandal led to comparisons of Bosasa and its executives to the controversial Gupta family.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a more friendly elegy:

Not to judge anybody, but in terms of conspiracy, a lot of South Africans don't think this was just an accident.
I mean look at that car!

For more see: www.iol.co.za...
edit on 26-8-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here in the U.S. , we are used to these kinds of "regular" and "timely" "coincidences" 😎

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well clearly you don't need to be an inconvenient "princess in a tunnel" to be crashed-off these days.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
And to think, anyone could potentially commandeer or take command of a modern vehicle.
Apparently it doesn't even take a genius.
Not saying in this case necessarily, but it could be done.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The reports in the media are beyond ridiculous.

If you drive a BMW and it goes in for service your replacement vehicle is not a Toyota, ever.

The reports claim he drove an automatic and wasn't used to manual speed gearbox.

They say he was either 71 or 73, useless reporting by a bbb-eee candidate.

Anyone that old learnt to drive with a manual.

Final thought, interesting how many hits have taken place near the airport.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Snitches get stitches.
Expecting a lot of state capture inquiry related deaths.

Yay zondo commission.
The circus continues.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
He was dead before he ever got into the vehicle, I have little doubt.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

If you drive a BMW and it goes in for service your replacement vehicle is not a Toyota, ever.

As a former BMW owner/driver, I have to disagree on this one point.

There were a number of times when I was assigned a non-BMW vehicle, usually arranged through a rental (car hire in some parts of the world) agency by the BMW dealership.

In fact, despite scheduling my service appointments well in advance, I was Never provided with another BMW as a loaner while my car was in the shop.

The service department manager told me the each dealership had only a few loaners available at any given time, and they were usually assigned to customers who’s cars were in for warranty-related work, or if a a “V.I.C” (Very Important/Prominent/Long-term Customer) requested one.

Just one of the reasons I no longer own a BMW.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

As a former BMW owner/driver, I have to disagree on this one point.

There were a number of times when I was assigned a non-BMW vehicle, usually arranged through a rental (car hire in some parts of the world) agency by the BMW dealership.

In fact, despite scheduling my service appointments well in advance, I was Never provided with another BMW as a loaner while my car was in the shop.

The service department manager told me the each dealership had only a few loaners available at any given time, and they were usually assigned to customers who’s cars were in for warranty-related work, or if a a “V.I.C” (Very Important/Prominent/Long-term Customer) requested one.

Just one of the reasons I no longer own a BMW.

I stand corrected. I work for a VIP and our follow cars are all BMW's. When one of them is in for service we always get a BMW replacement.
edit on 27-8-2019 by 19Bones79 because: More info

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

That is an interesting theory!

It is however a favorite method for intelligence agencies to disable brakes and give chase.
edit on 27-8-2019 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

That is an interesting theory!

It is however a favorite method for intelligence agencies to disable brakes and give chase.

The wound on his neck says otherwise
edit on 28-8-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

top topics

join