It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media “Score”: Danger Ahead!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

The aim is to move the country more left to align with Europe (and then possibly play out the scenario above) and it turns out that liberals are just far better at using social media to push their agenda - which just makes it seem as if the above is playing out.

Honestly, if you think about it, the combination of open borders and the Leftist takeover of the entire education system in the US, K-Grad School, the social credit score is really just a mechanism to further isolate, intimidate and marginalize anyone who doesn't agree with the ideas and values (or anti-values) of the Leftist Democrat soon-to-be Uniparty of a One Party Nation. I honestly don't think it's going to be much of a problem for anyone over the age of 45 because people over 45 are probably the only ones left in the US who can actually "think" outside the Kool Aide farm of the MSM. Yea, they'll be marginalized by the system, but will they even really give a crap? Since retiring a few years ago, I've made a strange discovery. Most older US Americans have little to no contact or interaction with anyone under 45. They're separated both ideologically, culturally and geographically. My daughter is in her mid-30's; I can't talk to her. Yea, we get together for holidays and birthdays, but there's no "talking" in terms of conversation. She babbles on about hating Trump and I (who don't even vote anymore), just sit and nod my head.

The real truth is............you can't tell these people anything and it have any effect on their thinking.

And for that reason, a social credit system won't much matter to them either. Most will probably embrace it and think its a great thing! The few who oppose it will end up unemployable, if they aren't already and ultimately homeless along with so many others in San Francisco, crapping on the streets.

Then one day............they'll wake up and realize the Chinese have taken over the country and it won't matter at all then.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
CIA and NSA have been saying for years that social media has led to a massive increase in detailed intelligence for operations

Whereas in years past they needed to use actual spies on the ground to find out what people were doing, nowadays they're checking in to locations on Facebook, posting selfies of what they're doing, and updating the entire world with their every day movements and likes and dislikes

Personally I don't have anything to hide, but I'm amazed by the amount of people who put every little tiny detail of their lives online, then complain that they have no privacy.

Especially "youtube stars" and social media people who deliberately go after followers for money and noteriaty, then complain they have no private life

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The aim is to move the country more left to align with Europe (and then possibly play out the scenario above) and it turns out that liberals are just far better at using social media to push their agenda - which just makes it seem as if the above is playing out.

Honestly, if you think about it, the combination of open borders and the Leftist takeover of the entire education system in the US, K-Grad School, the social credit score is really just a mechanism to further isolate, intimidate and marginalize anyone who doesn't agree with the ideas and values (or anti-values) of the Leftist Democrat soon-to-be Uniparty of a One Party Nation. I honestly don't think it's going to be much of a problem for anyone over the age of 45 because people over 45 are probably the only ones left in the US who can actually "think" outside the Kool Aide farm of the MSM. Yea, they'll be marginalized by the system, but will they even really give a crap? Since retiring a few years ago, I've made a strange discovery. Most older US Americans have little to no contact or interaction with anyone under 45. They're separated both ideologically, culturally and geographically. My daughter is in her mid-30's; I can't talk to her. Yea, we get together for holidays and birthdays, but there's no "talking" in terms of conversation. She babbles on about hating Trump and I (who don't even vote anymore), just sit and nod my head.

The real truth is............you can't tell these people anything and it have any effect on their thinking.

And for that reason, a social credit system won't much matter to them either. Most will probably embrace it and think its a great thing! The few who oppose it will end up unemployable, if they aren't already and ultimately homeless along with so many others in San Francisco, crapping on the streets.

Then one day............they'll wake up and realize the Chinese have taken over the country and it won't matter at all then.

You go on and on about problems of the left and then admit that you don't vote.

If you don't vote, you can't complain. So shut up and put up.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
CIA and NSA have been saying for years that social media has led to a massive increase in detailed intelligence for operations

Whereas in years past they needed to use actual spies on the ground to find out what people were doing, nowadays they're checking in to locations on Facebook, posting selfies of what they're doing, and updating the entire world with their every day movements and likes and dislikes

Personally I don't have anything to hide, but I'm amazed by the amount of people who put every little tiny detail of their lives online, then complain that they have no privacy.

Especially "youtube stars" and social media people who deliberately go after followers for money and noteriaty, then complain they have no private life

I think people who say staying off SM means you have “something to hide” just miss the entire point - what if I don’t care to share my entire life with the rest of the world? What if I just do things for me - not to post it for other people to look at and talk about? Maybe I’m humble/private/disinterested in constant social interaction? Or maybe I’m aware of the negative mental impacts of SM....

The whole “something to hide” thing is just BS to peer pressure others into doing it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The writer thinks themselves clever for that turn of phrase in the last sentence but they have abdicated their responsibility and role in the mechanism of the free press -- to speak to power, to challenge the status quo, to "seek truth and report it."

I don't know what the hell this is. PR maybe? Cheerleading for corporate fascism? Regardless, it isn't journalism by any stretch of the imagination. The writer has exactly zero sources, and by all accounts, never stepped out of their home office or made a single phone call. There is no identifying information should a reader choose to air grievance with the people responsible for trying to bring this contagion to our shores.

He doesn't call AirbnB or PatronScan to ask how the companies who have a proven track record of mismanaging consumer data can ever be trusted to create "blacklists."

That publication isn't worth the digital paper it's printed on. It is a straight-up propaganda mouthpiece for a digital elite that is already too big for its own good, or ours.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
People have been warned of this for years.

Total crickets.

I'm starting to fall into the camp that people deserve the hell hole they're creating for themselves.

So Google, Facebook and Twitter now not only get to assess what speech I'm permitted to place on their platforms, but get to decide how worthy of a person I am?

But Orange man is the big threat.... Absurd.

Define free speech. I only ever see hate speech including racism, xenophobia, bigotry, misogyny and sexism among a load of other vile things being curb stomped. If you have no moral compass and get butthurt mumsnet remove racist diatribes, well that's on the shoulders of that poster and the sore buttocks of said mr butthurt.
Liars should be removed from the web period, if you're so gullible you can only cover up the reality that the orange man you fanboi over isnt bad via fake news, how is introducing you back to the real world a bad thing? Fascists recording themselves instigating fights with anti-fascists in the hope they can cry 'VIOLENT ANTIFA', while popular with fascists here also belongs to fake news.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The question is, when will they start penalizing people like me for NOT using a 'real' social media like FB or Twitter?

If it hasn't already started, it soon will. Because only a loser wouldn't use both twitter and FB, right?? Personally, I've no use for either...so I guess I'll just have to bear that cross of loser.

I have heard that some employers do ask for FB account numbers or whatever they're called...

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

You do go on about "facists" doing bad things--racist diatribes, etc... ...and then merrily advocate denying them their right to say vile things...

Do you see the issue here?? Who gets to decide what's hateful, or hurtful...?? You? Me? Personally, I've no interest in deciding such things for anyone other than myself. I don't like it? I don't read it, or view it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The question is, when will they start penalizing people like me for NOT using a 'real' social media like FB or Twitter?

If it hasn't already started, it soon will. Because only a loser wouldn't use both twitter and FB, right?? Personally, I've no use for either...so I guess I'll just have to bear that cross of loser.

I have heard that some employers do ask for FB account numbers or whatever they're called...

Yep - there’s a list for those of us who aren’t on FB. Or at least they’re collecting data.

www.vox.com...

There’s definitely an interest in why everyone isn’t on FB.

I personally know ~4 people out of many, many acquaintances who aren’t on FB.

Ironically, they are all very normal/upstanding/successful people. Contrary to some commentary that says people who aren’t on FB are somehow odd...

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I can't tell if posts like yours are just delusional or intentionally deceitful.

Regardless, the koolaid runs deep in those words.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

People have been warned of this for years.

Total crickets.

I'm starting to fall into the camp that people deserve the hell hole they're creating for themselves.

So Google, Facebook and Twitter now not only get to assess what speech I'm permitted to place on their platforms, but get to decide how worthy of a person I am?

But Orange man is the big threat.... Absurd.

Define free speech. I only ever see hate speech including racism, xenophobia, bigotry, misogyny and sexism among a load of other vile things being curb stomped. If you have no moral compass and get butthurt mumsnet remove racist diatribes, well that's on the shoulders of that poster and the sore buttocks of said mr butthurt.
Liars should be removed from the web period, if you're so gullible you can only cover up the reality that the orange man you fanboi over isnt bad via fake news, how is introducing you back to the real world a bad thing? Fascists recording themselves instigating fights with anti-fascists in the hope they can cry 'VIOLENT ANTIFA', while popular with fascists here also belongs to fake news.

Dude take it back to the mud pit. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
To the earlier point about doorbell cams:

m.sfgate.com...

Total surveillance - and people are paying for it!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I got off of social.media because when my husband announced this whole judging social crap, it scared the # out of me. I am trying to get my teen daughters off of social media but they won't listen to me. They just think I am.old and out if touch with reality. I am more in touch with reality and that is the key.

Yes, I am hiding, from big brother, # the government. Liberals will sit there and take it up the ass, just like always.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Honestly, anyone that has Google anything in their homes, is just asking to be spied on.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

First off, I am not complaining, I am just commenting. Second, I dont vote because I am an Expat; the US is nothing more to me than my Passport Country and an investment vehicle. You vote all you like, but I would have to oint out that voting in the elections of a country wthout borders, whose political system is soon to be entirey dominated by cities already run by the Uniparty is kind of like urinating into a hurricane. But, hey, you get the little sticker with the flag on it! Wo Hoo! And in elections that feature mental luminaries like Elizabeth Warren and Donald Tump.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

The fact of your membership alone could give you the dreaded 'conspiracy theorist' lable. Negative 1000 social credit score points for you!

No membership accounts of any kind anywhere?

That's negative 1 million points, because obviously you're a loner, clearly antisocial, and high-risk threat to society.

See how that works?

edit on 28-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: ganjoa

The fact of your membership alone could give you the dreaded 'conspiracy theorist' lable. Negative 1000 social credit score points for you!

No membership accounts of any kind anywhere?

That's negative 1 million points, because obviously you're a loner, clearly antisocial, and high-risk threat to society.

See how that works?

That’s pretty much exactly how that works.

So I had to look at something on Twitter for work and my colleague pops up their account. I read the comments and it’s just constant mudslinging. Literally nothing productive.

Why would people engage with that?

It makes no sense to me at all. And these will be the people judging your societal “social score”.

Yikes.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Now you get corporate social credit scores in China:

www.wsj.com...

And now the daily mail is picking up the social media score discussion.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I wish I was an attorney. There will be so many lawsuits tied to this...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The OP states that the end goal is "the end of our Democracy". I think it will be the end of something but I think (rather) it will be the end of any semblance of choice and/or freedom (freedom and choice are essentially the same, I think).

I don't think it will end Democracy. I think Democracy is a front for mob rule and that will remain intact if social media becomes all powerful. It will just become the newest way to coerce universal conformity. Which the majority has always sought to do as it's ultimate goal. Forced consensus is what Democracy is all about (when you filter out all the noise). If you doubt this, just take a look at who rules. The majority always wins. Even if it is a slim majority.

This is the real elephant in the room. It isn't at all that the majority doesn't want to end freedom. They want to define freedom so they can end it without admitting that's what they're doing.

You can still call it Democracy if you can manipulate, coerce and intimidate the majority.

edit on 6-9-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join