It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California parents charged with hate crime for kidnapping boy hiding in teen daughter's closet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

JULIA JACOBO,ABC News Sun, Aug 25 4:48 PM MDT

The parents of a 15-year-old California girl are being charged with a hate crime after they allegedly kidnapped and abused their daughter's boyfriend after they found him hiding in the home, according to police.

On Thursday afternoon, the 17-year-old victim went to police to report that he'd been held against his will, assaulted and threatened by three people at a home in San Bruno, about 12 miles south of San Francisco, according to a news release by the San Bruno Police.
The girl's parents also allegedly yelled racial slurs throughout the attack, causing the teen, who is black, to believe his race "to be a motivating factor in the attack," police said. All of the suspects are of Hispanic descent, police said.

The teen's older sisters, Belkys Gomez and Katherine Gomez, alleged that the victim attacked their parents after they found him hiding in a bedroom closet, which is why they restrained him.

"They were so scared because they found someone in the closet," Belkys Gomez told ABC San Francisco affiliate KGO. "They jumped because everyone was sleeping and this guy started kicking my stepfather and trying to kill him."

California parents charged with hate crime for kidnapping boy found hiding in teen daughter's closet, police say

So, not only was this teenager hiding in the closet of his supposed girlfriend, but when the parents arrived at 2:30 AM, when everyone else in the house was sleeping, they didn't know whom he was and because they tied him with a rope the teen later went to the police and alleged that he was tied up because of his race? and the police arrested the parents?...

WTH is going on in California?...

First of all, according to the article when the parents, including stepfather, arrived everyone was sleeping, but the parents found the 17 year old inside the closet... If i arrive in my house and see someone i don't know hiding in ANY of our bedrooms I would immediately take a firearm and point it straight to the "invader." i don't care if the color of the "invader" is white or any other color. Then I would call the police, but if the "invader" assaulted me or anyone in my family I would shoot him/her.

The 17 year old was eventually released by the parents, which leds me to believe they found out he was the boyfriend of one of their daughters.

But according to the other two daughter the 17 year old attacked by kicking, and apparently tried to kill the stepfather, and for this the ones whom were arrested were the parents and stepfather?...

WHAT IN THE WORLD???...

BTW, if you look at the pictures of the parents and stepfather, the mother and one of the men are "brown."

But they were charged with a hate crime because they thought the 17 year old was an intruder?...

What's more down in the article one of the older sisters stated:

Katherine Gomez told the station, "He punched her and then my stepdad, of course, is not going to let anyone hit his wife. They tried to stop him and he was acting very violent so they grabbed a rope to try to tie him down and ask him why he was at the house."

When asked by a KGO reporter whether their parents hurt the victim, Katherine Gomez replied, "No, they didn't," adding that the the accusations of racial slurs are "not true at all."

From original article.

So the 17 year old was violent, punched the mother and kicked the stepfather, and despite the fact that there were several witnesses whom stated what happened the parents were charged with a hate crime and put in prison?...

edit on 26-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment, excerpt, and picture.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I sort of skimmed the article, so I don't really know the ins and outs of this story. But at a glance it appears that the state didn't really care to know the facts either and instead went to their knee-jerk illiberal, authoritarian instincts and shouted "Hate Crime!" into the intersectional heavens.

I just hope that sometime in the very near future we can all get to a place where we can realize that race is one of the stupidest human constructs in history and we shouldn't acknowledge the farce in any form -- whether that be hating someone because of their skin color or feeling like you have to white knight and protect someone because of their color. Both are sheer idiocy and deleterious to the advancement of the human race.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Not to get lude but did the 17 year old and very under aged 15 year old have sex? Could he be brought up on having sex with a minor?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I don't know, and the article doesn't mention, but the fact that he was hiding at the house of the girl's parents makes it very probable that that was his plan, or they did have sex and went the parents came home the girl feinted being asleep while her boyfriend hid in her closet. As to why the parents checked the closet? Maybe as the 17 year old tried to hide he made noise and the parents of the girl checked the closet?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i don't care what color he is if i had found him in my girls closet i would have kicked the # out of him just saying reply to: sooth

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
No matter the colour, it's going to be one unhappy pappy to find a 17 year old boy in his 15 year old daughters closet.

I think the daughter has some esplainen to do on that.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If I found a strange man in my house? At 2:30 AM? In Tennessee he would have probably been shot and with good reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If I found a strange man in my house? At 2:30 AM? In Tennessee he would have probably been shot and with good reason.

So let me get this straight, if you found your 15 year old daughters boyfriend hiding from you in the closet in the early hours of the morning when you got home you would shoot the kid ? Like really ?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Read what he said again, without your hateful liberal bias. He said "strange man" not "daughter's boyfriend". Some strange man you don't know jumps out and attacks you they should absolutely be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

edit on 27-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Do you have any idea how silly you sound using statements like " your liberal bias " , it shows you only have the capacity to think in left's and rights or rights and wrongs , up and down etc , you should really try and expand on your outlook.

Anyhow it's right there in the op in the very first paragraph.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you have any idea how silly you sound responding to a post talking about a strange man in their house and twisting it into daughter's boyfriend?

You mean this from the OP?

"They were so scared because they found someone in the closet," Belkys Gomez told ABC San Francisco affiliate KGO. "They jumped because everyone was sleeping and this guy started kicking my stepfather and trying to kill him."

Not they found their daughter's boyfriend, they found 'someone' ... that means someone they do not know.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So the Hispanics must be legal to be treated like white devils.

Upside down world of California

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So let me get this straight, if you found your 15 year old daughters boyfriend hiding from you in the closet in the early hours of the morning when you got home you would shoot the kid ? Like really ?

Comprehension issues?

1. How do you know who the person in the closet is?
2. Refer to #1

This has to be the most ignorant comment I've ever seen (Not really).

You win

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So we know nothing but hearsay in any of these but your choosing to believe one of the sisters only? that's very interesting.

Do we even know for sure it's a boyfriend? If someone came into my house boyfriend or not, the police would be called and a report made, why wasn't this done? There was no mention of him attacking the step father until after HE went to police first?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"Yes really" is I hope the answer you''ll receive from the poster as its the response a lot parents in America will give you. Don't like it? Don't go hiding in a under age daughters closet. How can the parent know it's a "boyfriend" vs a Rapist or murderer? I'll give you a hint, a conversation and a meeting and an open discussion, not hiding in someone's closet at 2:30AM.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

They should have just shot the kid and made many here happy. Everyone knows the kids would never lie to parents.
edit on 8/27/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep that is what it says in the 5th paragraph of the op .

Unless you're argument is the 5th paragraph trumps the first I'm not sure where you're going with this

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

So you believe a kid was hiding in the closet for many hours just waiting for the other children's parents to come home, then suddenly appear and then attack them....um yeah ok if that doesn't seem a little far fetched to you cool man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join