It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Resource!

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My family has been in the Hawaiian Islands for 5 generations (7, if you count the children of my nieces and nephews). I'm not going to go into the details about that but I recently discovered a remarkable resource and used it to find a Letter to the Editor written by my Great Great Grandfather. It's as if he's speaking to me, telling me a story. There are also bits and pieces about his role in mid to late 19th century Honolulu.

Here is that resource. Have fun!
Library of Congress

edit on 8/26/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really cool searchable resource. I just found some stories on The Bell Witch from 1894 and a crazy story about a choctaw chief who was accused of witchcraft because people saw orbs of light flying around when he was "communing with his ancestors".

Thanks. This is a really good resource for looking for paranormal topics from really old newspapers.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I could have used this resource about 7 months ago for very similar research. Now I can try again. Awesome share!!

Sidenote: I lived on Oahu for 7 years back in the 90's. Loved every minute of it but wife got island fever and had to move back to the mainland.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Wow, very cool site! I'll have to spend some time there.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Awesome Phage.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Thanks Phage. I've got copyrights on file, tho when they were....we didn't have computers for resourcing tho I remember when they began digitizing some 30 yrs ago.

Best

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks, Phage! ATS wouldn't be ATS without you!

new topics

top topics

join