It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Medjugorje message promises 100 fold blessing for the life on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkunk
a reply to: Deetermined

So if this was proven to be a fake apparition it would not be Mary saying it?

I believe that messages like the one given in the original post are demons posing as dead people, in this particular case, Mary. Channeling spirits does not draw the dead or God's messengers, just the fallen ones. Fallen angels and demons do indeed have the ability to disguise themselves as angels of light (or any other being) like the Bible tells us. This is how they fool people.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSkunk

You seem to misunderstand how Catholics pray to Mary.

What's there to misunderstand? There is absolutely NO reason to pray to Mary or any other dead human being who existed outside of Jesus. Period. It doesn't matter HOW they pray to her or what purpose they are praying to her for. She is NOT "Holy" from the perspective that Catholics put her in. She was not a life long virgin. She had other children after Jesus was born. Some of the simplest things found in the Bible counter what Catholics teach. Just like Jesus told his disciples not to take on titles such as "Master", "Father", or "Rabbi", yet Catholics do it anyway. Plus, there is no mystery in the Eucharist. Jesus told his disciples to take communion in remembrance of Him, just like God told the Israelites to practice things in remembrance of Him after bringing them out of Egypt. Having communion blessed by a human Roman Catholic priest holds nothing special or magical as it relates to Jesus.

edit on 27-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If Jesus and God and The Holy Spirit is 3 entities as one then it is a Trinity. No Mary Added.

The Holy Spirit is a very vague entity and was probably originally a Gnostic representation of "enlightenment."

And then the Church repurposed the symbol to replace Mary in what most cultures recognize as the universal trinity of male - female - offspring. The Catholic Trinity is off-balance with a God, Demi-God and non-physical force. A lot of that had to do with the Church rejecting a more Gnostic Christian attitude of women having equal power within the church. They preferred to push women into a more subservient role, but she was already integral to the story so that was going to be difficult. So they redefined her role, stuck the Holy Spirit in the vacancy of the Trinity, and hoped nobody would notice. Some did, but they were burnt at the stake, so... problem solved.

edit on 27-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

You may not find a reason to do it. It hardly makes it wrong. Mary is not held as a Diety. A Father or A Rabbi. Nor a Teacher. Most of the words came from the bible, Part of it was An Angels introduction to Mary and the other how John the Baptist Mother greeted Mary. If it is wrong to call her that then you are saying an angel of God did not know the right thing, And/ or quoting some of the bible in prayer is wrong?

She surely is the mother of God as Christians know her so the only other word you could be upset with is Thinking Holy means a label. I can be an act Holy. So can you. Many things can be Holy does not mean above God or Equal to him. I always thought it meant to be filled with the Holy Spirit or God Himself.

Asking for Mary to pray for me again I will say is hardly evil or even wrong in any way.

I ask my Granma to put a good word into the boss for me. Does that mean I am Evil and wrong in doing that?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

How is the spirit of God that lives in literally everything vague?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

These are your opinions and literally there is no evidence any where for what you said.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You may not find a reason to do it. It hardly makes it wrong. Mary is not held as a Diety. A Father or A Rabbi. Nor a Teacher. Most of the words came from the bible, Part of it was An Angels introduction to Mary and the other how John the Baptist Mother greeted Mary. If it is wrong to call her that then you are saying an angel of God did not know the right thing, And/ or quoting some of the bible in prayer is wrong?

You misunderstood what I was saying about using the term, "father". Priests were never supposed to take on those titles, but Catholics do it anyway.

Where did an angel or John the Baptist ever call Mary "Holy" in the Bible?

Here, let me help you...it doesn't.

www.gotquestions.org...

Asking for Mary to pray for me again I will say is hardly evil or even wrong in any way.

It is wrong. You are not to pray to the dead.

I ask my Granma to put a good word into the boss for me. Does that mean I am Evil and wrong in doing that?

Asking a living individual to pray for you is fine. Conjuring up the dead to pray for you is not.

edit on 30-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

How is the spirit of God that lives in literally everything vague?

You're kidding right? Can you clearly define any of the concepts in the sentence you typed? "Spirit?" What are you talking about? "God?" I've never met two people who had the same definition. This spirit's purpose? You tell me, because the Church can't.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

These are your opinions and literally there is no evidence any where for what you said.

Except in the actual Bible, associated non-canonical writings from the same period, comparative religion studies, historical accounts of the early Church, etc. Except there. You should read more, really. Start with the Bible. A lot of people swear by it (and on it), but have never actually read it.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

He's talking about the Holy Spirit as described in John 14...

John 14:16-18

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I don't conjure Mary when I ask her to pray for me that is ridiculous.

This is an Wikipedia it will help you understand that in the original Language Luke was written in Certainly does say Hail. And the rest.

The first of the two passages from Saint Luke's Gospel is the greeting of the Angel Gabriel to Mary, originally written in Koine Greek. The opening word of greeting, χαῖρε, chaíre, here translated "Hail", literally has the meaning "rejoice" or "be glad". This was the normal greeting in the language in which Saint Luke's Gospel is written and continues to be used in the same sense in Modern Greek. Accordingly, both "Hail" and "Rejoice" are valid English translations of the word ("Hail" reflecting the Latin translation, and "Rejoice" reflecting the original Greek). The word κεχαριτωμένη, (kecharitōménē), here translated as "full of grace", admits of various translations. Grammatically, the word is the feminine perfect passive participle of the verb χαριτόω, charitóō, which means "to show, or bestow with, grace" and here, in the passive voice, "to have grace shown, or bestowed upon, one".[4] The text also appears in the account of the annunciation contained in the apocryphal Infancy Gospel of Matthew, in chapter 9.

Holy as I said can be me and you. Holy is used in the prayer as a Desciptive Adjective not a title.
edit on 1-9-2019 by TheSkunk because: Wrong H word. Spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The second passage is taken from Elizabeth's greeting to Mary in Luke 1:42, "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb."[5] Taken together, these two passages are the two times Mary is greeted in the Chapter 1 of Luke.

I probably should include this to clarify the prayer.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Can you actually produce any of this writings? or just quote they are there?

There is also no vagueness about the concept of God. Just your willingness to believe it or not. In all the text you quoted that supposedly prove your other points, God is defined as the most powerful entity in Existence. The Holy Spirit is that entity living in Everything. I understand it is a hard concept to believe or not. Again that is your choice. It was told to us that is how it is. I don't claim to know the inner workings, The holy spirits Definition is very defined though.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Matthew 12:31-33
31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. 33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

That is one of the maybe hundreds of references to the Holy Spirit or Spirit of the Lord in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't conjure Mary when I ask her to pray for me that is ridiculous.

I wish you could realize how ridiculous your own statement is.

When we receive the Holy Spirit, we're filled with grace also. That doesn't mean that once we're dead that people should be praying to us or that we're able to help anyone who's living once we do.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So Mary has come to offer vague predictions of "blessings"? Grow the hell up. This is absolutely stupid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join