It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

And when in a cult, you don't talk about the cult. Everyone that does not agree witht he group collective is to be shunned and seen as evil by all those in the cult.

Interesting similarities, aren't they?

Yeah but that same argument is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. I guess everyone who fought the Nazi's was just some cult, eh?

I have to disagree. People weren't removing friends off of FB when obama was elected. It's always the left that get mad at you for not being like them. Ironically, they want people to accept those who are different. I guess it's a different kind of different that's different from your different.

I can understand why that would be your viewpoint/opinion, but isn't it possible you aren't exposed to the reverse scenario and thus perhaps slightly biased? I have a similar but opposing opinion than yours and I'm pretty sure the reverse of mine (ie. your opinion) is equally applicable but I'm just not in enough conservative friend circles on social media to have experienced the reverse.

I know there's an endless amount of back and forth antagonism here on ATS between conservatives and liberals, along with a commiserate amount of absolutes like 'All conservatives are XXX', and 'All liberals think like XXX' but I think most of us arrived at adulthood with at least a basic understanding of the depth of our inherent limitations through various experiences and the realization that absolutes are rarely accurate.
edit on 35am19famFri, 30 Aug 2019 08:44:42 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 30 Aug 2019 08:44:42 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: underwerks

A lot of you older people have been lulled into a false sense of security over the years that America is a concrete, immovable object.

I'm sorry I have to laugh a big laugh at this.
hahahahahahha heee haa heeee hawww heeee hee ehaaaa haaaa heee haaa

lulled sense of security...
You mean older people that were called to war, you mean older people that hid under their desks and did bomb drills, you mean older people that had gas rations, you mean older people that were out of luck when they were out of luck, you mean older people that had banks steal their retirements, you mean old people that have seen lived through everything you are talking about two or three times over,

There will be a day when you consider yourself old, and I guarantee you, you will think to yourself, I should have listened to old people.

Amen to this.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Trump is not your friend, then.

Trump has never encouraged dissent between Americans. Stop lying.

new topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join