It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's funny, there are no torture camps in America. We save children and families from traffickers and death in the desert.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
If people say sh#t like that..let me be clear..THEY WERE NEVER A FRIEND!

I also find the word friend overused, in facebook as a big example. The 600 friends one has on facebook, are not really friends! Maybe 10 at most.

I would agree with that, but this isn't just a facebook friend. This is someone I've known for over 30 years.
I just feel that views have gotten more militant and non-tolerant now.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Again...... Why weren't y'all mad when Obama started those camps????

It isn't about the camps existing, it's the treatment of the people in them. They have to go somewhere while they are waiting to find out whether or not their claims for asylum are granted, what has changed is the Trump administration's policy of making them so horrible they supposedly act as a deterrent. The cruelty is the point. This has been admitted several times by a few different people in this administration.

And you know what makes it really, really bad? Its that this isn't for Americans safety. It isn't to make America a better place. It's to lock living breathing feeling human beings in cages for profit. I'm working on a thread right now about the money train between the Trump administration and these border camps. Its sickening. Guess who just got appointed to the board of directors of Geo Group, the private prison company that argued that $750 a day isn't enough money to supply toothpaste, soap, cots or blankets for these people? None other than ex White House chief of staff and supposed adult in the room, John Kelly. And it gets worse.

What's going on with the camps is dirty beyond dirty. And no right wing person cares because they've absorbed politics to the point they're blind to anything that might threaten their worldview. No matter how corrupt or dirty it really is.

And that alone is what you all will be remembered for. How you turned the other cheek while the swamp you claim to be fighting against put people in cages for profit.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

That's funny, there are no torture camps in America. We save children and families from traffickers and death in the desert.

Whatever makes you feel better.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sorry man, that sucks!

I agree views have indeed gotten more militant. Best not to discuss politics I guess..sad it has come to that.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It isn't about the camps existing, it's the treatment of the people in them

Another damn lie and deflection..... Trumps administration improved the conditions 20 fold since Obamas presidency.....

Not only that why did they block Trumps plan to double the judges so they could be processed faster??????

Why did democrats unanimously deny a bill that would almost triple the money to be used to improve them even more???

Spare me your hypocritical bs...... You guys don't do your research, and then you come on here trying to virtue signal......

There's only one problem w that......

Some of us actually know the facts

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What you should do is ring your friend up and tell her that you've seen the error of your ways and have decided not to vote for Trump... Then that night go around to their house and put a heap of 'Trump 2020' signs all over there front lawn!

I'm sure they'll see the funny side and you'll both have a big friendly laugh about it.

But if not... well, if their not gonna like ya, then they might as well hate ya!

Honestly, with all seriousness, I have no idea why people take all this right vs left political nonsense so damn seriously... End of the day, all politicians are a bunch of grubby little parasites and are all just as bad as each other... whether their left , right, up or down!

Its totally fair enough to have a heated political debate, it can be stimulating & entertaining... but anyone who gets themselves so worked up about it that they start disowning friends & family members or becoming aggressive, has got some issues... like I mean serious emotional issues, which in reality have very little to do with politics.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My circle of friends whom I hang out with weekly is filled with strong Trump supporters, alongside strong liberals and even a shreaking progressive....and we all get along (tbh, we don't really discuss politicians...but we will discuss some policys and a unusual thing happens when politics and politicians are removed from a discussion about policy...you find there isn't a huge rift of differences.....its the other two things that really fire up peoples distaste for different views on a subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Another damn lie and deflection..... Trumps administration improved the conditions 20 fold since Obamas presidency.....

Prove it. Prove that withholding toothpaste, soap, medicine, blankets and showers is an improvement over previous conditions. Your points are laughable, and you are a liar, plain and simple.

I'm torn between thinking you are just willfully misinformed or being paid to push a genocidal agenda.

edit on 26-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
My circle of friends whom I hang out with weekly is filled with strong Trump supporters, alongside strong liberals and even a shreaking progressive....and we all get along (tbh, we don't really discuss politicians...but we will discuss some policys and a unusual thing happens when politics and politicians are removed from a discussion about policy...you find there isn't a huge rift of differences.....its the other two things that really fire up peoples distaste for different views on a subject.

Yeah Great , but your Friend Bob the " Bleeding Heart Liberal " is a Constant DRAG on the Rest of you I Bet . Do you Talk Behind his Back ? I Would ...........)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It's sad you would rather believe such a bizarre lie than the mundane truth. You choose truth over facts.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

What you should do is ring your friend up and tell her that you've seen the error of your ways and have decided not to vote for Trump... Then that night go around to their house and put a heap of 'Trump 2020' signs all over there front lawn!

I'm sure they'll see the funny side and you'll both have a big friendly laugh about it.

But if not... well, if their not gonna like ya, then they might as well hate ya!

Honestly, with all seriousness, I have no idea why people take all this right vs left political nonsense so damn seriously... End of the day, all politicians are a bunch of grubby little parasites and are all just as bad as each other... whether their left , right, up or down!

Its totally fair enough to have a heated political debate, it can be stimulating & entertaining... but anyone who gets themselves so worked up about it that they start disowning friends & family members or becoming aggressive, has got some issues... like I mean serious emotional issues, which in reality have very little to do with politics.

That's the funny thing, who I vote for is nobody's business. We might even vote for the same person. I am just shocked at the narrow mindedness of it all. It is getting worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

It's sad you would rather believe such a bizarre lie than the mundane truth. You choose truth over facts.

Again, prove it. You claim that you all are rescuing migrant children from traffickers, yet there is never any mention of the 1,500 children who have mysteriously gone missing from these camps, never to be reunited again with their families.

If you want to believe the purposefully mundane view that the government is helping these people, maybe you need to argue that point somewhere that isn't a conspiracy site.

The government is the government is the government. A reality TV actor being President doesn't change that.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sorry man, that sucks!

I agree views have indeed gotten more militant. Best not to discuss politics I guess..sad it has come to that.

I'm a woman but you're right it sucks that people are willing to lose friends/family over this.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Withholding for short term stays only because Democrats refused to give them funding.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

We provide a bunch of mostly criminals, most asylum seekers do not qualify and are just criminals, free food, shelter and medical care in facilities that are above reproach. There is never any mention of 1500 children missing from the camps because there are no such children missing from the camps.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I also find the word friend overused, in facebook as a big example. The 600 friends one has on facebook, are not really friends! Maybe 10 at most.

I would agree with that, but this isn't just a facebook friend. This is someone I've known for over 30 years.

Review your thread and then tell me who are the snarky militant, non tolerant ones....

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Withholding for short term stays only because Democrats refused to give them funding.

That isn't true. Democrats offered funding to improve the conditions of the migrants being held. Along with a lot of other money for ICE. What they didn't do was include funds for Trumps wall. Which is why it got torpedoed. If Trump actually cared about the conditions of the migrants he wouldn't have held them hostage like this over politics.

If you think the Trump administration wants to solve this crisis, you haven't researched it in depth. Billions are being made for Trumps friends and donors. Hell, the main private prison company involved in this just relocated its annual conference to Mar-a-Lago. Which means all the money spent on it goes directly to Donald Trump himself.

But I'm sure that's totally by coincidence.
edit on 26-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Prove it. Prove that withholding toothpaste, soap, medicine, blankets and showers is an improvement over previous conditions. Your points are laughable, and you are a liar, plain and simple.

I'm torn between thinking you are just willfully misinformed or being paid to push a genocidal agenda.

It was already proven none of that was true weeks ago.....

Atleast if you're going to regurgitate lies, make sure they're new and haven't been proven false....
... Do yourself a favor and start doing your own research....

Just taking what you're being spoon fed by the media makes it super clear that's all you're consuming

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Review your thread and then tell me who are the snarky militant, non tolerant ones....

Ya still the left as usual......

We can't help it if countering bs w actual facts, not feelings, seems "intolerant" to you.......

Again..... Facts over feelings......

Meanwhile the ones on the left here have straight up called us all nazis and hate mongers already and admitted as much as what was in the op....

Can't even fathom how you've twisted it in any other direction........

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join