It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

While it is impossible for one side to be right on 100% of the issues 100% of the time, it is not impossible or incorrect to say that one side may be incorrect on one or more issues 100% of the time. There are certain issues the Democrats support which, in my esteem, are wrong 100% of the time. Abortion, taxation, incorrect interpretation of or attacks against the 2nd Amendment, the welfare state, borders, etc... these are issues I simply will nor compromise on where my votes are concerned.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Buckeyes! Born and raised in columbus.

a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

The First Rule Of Reeeeeee Club...Is Never Talk To Anyone Who Isn't In Reeeeeee Club.
edit on 26-8-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What it is, is that this isn't a normal President or election we're talking about. The camps at the border, the treatment of the people in those camps which is classified as torture under international law, the push to strip rights from marginalized groups, the constant lies, a President who sees dividing Americans as a valid campaign technique, the blatant wholesale destruction of the environment in pursuit of corporate profits. The literal destruction of most of the principles that originally made America the shining light on the hill.

All of those things are real. They aren't just someones opinion or spin on these events. This is actually happening.

From my personal experience talking with people on ATS and in real life, it's maddening. Maddening that something so objectively morally wrong is being treated as it's just a nothing that doesn't really matter. It really makes you start to question everything about a person. I've lost a lot of respect for a lot of people over the selfish attitude it takes to support Trumps BS.

America isn't some stable thing thats always going to be here. A lot of you older people have been lulled into a false sense of security over the years that America is a concrete, immovable object. When the reality is that that couldn't be farther from the truth. Everything you know about America and think it is can vanish overnight, our society is an idea, nothing more.

I just hope people wake up in time to realize how serious this all is.

edit on 26-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

The First Rule Of Reeeeeee Club...Is Never Talk To Anyone Who Isn't In Reeeeeee Club.

My grandfather was half Reeee. So that makes me 12.5% Reeee.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What it is, is that this isn't a normal President or election we're talking about. The camps at the border, the treatment of the people in those camps which is classified as torture under international law, the push to strip rights from marginalized groups, the constant lies, a President who sees dividing Americans as a valid campaign technique, the blatant wholesale destruction of the environment in pursuit of corporate profits. The literal destruction of most of the principles that originally made America the shining light on the hill.

All of those things are real. They aren't just someones opinion or spin on these events. This is actually happening.

From my personal experience talking with people on ATS and in real life, it's maddening. Maddening that something so objectively morally wrong is being treated as it's just a nothing that doesn't really matter. It really makes you start to question everything about a person. I've lost a lot of respect for a lot of people over the selfish attitude it takes to support Trumps BS.

Again...... Why weren't y'all mad when Obama started those camps????

Where was the media?

And the sick part is that even knowing that Obama started it and had it going strong FOR 8 YEARS.. ...... Not 2,not half a term...... 8

The left and media STILL try to use it to call Trump Hitler and a racist...... Knowing full well its bulls op and a double standard...

But y'all do it shamelessly......

Talk about shamelessly supporting bs.......

Hypocrites and liars the lot that continue using this and pushing the narrative...
edit on 8/26/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A lot of you older people have been lulled into a false sense of security over the years that America is a concrete, immovable object.

I'm sorry I have to laugh a big laugh at this.
hahahahahahha heee haa heeee hawww heeee hee ehaaaa haaaa heee haaa

lulled sense of security...
You mean older people that were called to war, you mean older people that hid under their desks and did bomb drills, you mean older people that had gas rations, you mean older people that were out of luck when they were out of luck, you mean older people that had banks steal their retirements, you mean old people that have seen lived through everything you are talking about two or three times over,

There will be a day when you consider yourself old, and I guarantee you, you will think to yourself, I should have listened to old people.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

America isn't some stable thing thats always going to be here. A lot of you older people have been lulled into a false sense of security over the years that America is a concrete, immovable object. When the reality is that that couldn't be farther from the truth. Everything you know about America and think it is can vanish overnight, our society is an idea, nothing more.

Not one single thing you mentioned is ‘real’. Not one.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

"The camps at the border,"
You mean the camps that the previous administration setup without a whisper or debate from anyone including you?

"the treatment of the people in those camps which is classified as torture under international law"
You mean the treatment guided by the laws and conditions established by the Congress prior to the 2016 election? Those conditions?

"the push to strip rights from marginalized groups"
Please specify, with exact examples and sources, thanks.

" the constant lies"
You mean like every single president in my recent 50+ year memory? Where was your ire and protest when they all lied to the public over the decades?

"a President who sees dividing Americans as a valid campaign technique"
Like a president that sides against the police and with the protesters chanting about killing police? Or do you mean like a presidential candidate that declares 1/2 the voting population as '"deplorables" and other pejoratives? Yeah, I thought you'd forget those cases.

"the blatant wholesale destruction of the environment in pursuit of corporate profits"
This one I will agree with you on here. I do not condone that either. Neither do I condone a city allowing human waste to build up and provide a ripe environment for reemergence of 3rd world diseases. All of which are governed by a Democrat in the key offices.

"The literal destruction of most of the principles that originally made America the shining light on the hill"
Oh, like trying to follow the United States Constitution and not wiping one's backside with it on a daily basis? Or making hush hush promises to foreign governments when they think the mic is off? Or, someone that supports and encourages shipping military grade weapons the the drug cartel's in Mexico?

To me what is maddening is the blatant political hypocrisy on display here. For what, to save your cult?

Please.

edit on 8/26/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

"If you vote for Trump we can't be friends "

Really ? Hint - She/He/It Was NEVER Your " Friend " to Begin With . The Powers of " Observation " when Dealing with Others in a Social Environment is Key in Protecting Oneself Against the Harm others are Willing to Do to You for Whatever Reason . That to me is Something a lot More People should Deeply Think About . How to NOT be Abused ..........

edit on 26-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I genuinely feel sorry for you.
You're lost.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

an octomoroon!

edit on 26-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Reminds me of Scientology. Have to cut off any one who doesn't believe exactly what they do because they are "Suppressive Persons" (even immediate family) or if they speak anything against them they are "Enemy Combatants" and therefore "Fair Game".

Holy crapolla! They're not Liberals- they're Scientologists!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've noticed that for the most part this type of behavior happens online only. It's part of the reason I decided to remove myself from social media, so when seeing friends in public the topic of politics never comes up, thus avoiding confrontations like this.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I Agree there Mate . I Think this Guy has been " werked Over " One to Many Times in say , since his High School Years where he was Obviously NOT one of the " Cool Kids " , so this is the Result of Social Engineering gone Amok . My Condolences to this Unfortunate Son/Daughter/Whatever ............

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

A Wise Choice . Social Media , like Money , Truly Is the Root Of All Present Evil in this Precious Beautiful World that Sustains Us . Enjoying it Without the Constant " HYPE Attack " in our Daily Lives can be Refreshing to some ............)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

an octomoroon!

My people prefer the term mutt or American.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Hmm... The Many Meanings and Facets of the Word " CLEAR " being used in a Social Media Environment Today often give me a Laugh from Time to Time , Especially when it is Used as an Adjective in a seemingly Profound Sentence ...........

edit on 26-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That's a common theme among leftists.

They're so caught up in their collective group think that their minds reel and convulse when confronted by points of view contradictory to their own.

They can't cope with discussion and debate, they are more comfortable reeeeing off into their safe spaces and echo chambers where they can safely try to out virtue signal each other.

Change the word leftists with conservatives and your post would still be 100% true.
You described conservatives on ATS to perfection

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If people say sh#t like that..let me be clear..THEY WERE NEVER A FRIEND!

I also find the word friend overused, in facebook as a big example. The 600 friends one has on facebook, are not really friends! Maybe 10 at most.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join