It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just watched the finale. Pretty humorous at times. I thought the season was decent.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
With the entirety of the first season finally done and watched...

I really enjoyed it. It scratched an itch for me that I wasn't even consciously aware I had... A return to the overall tone of the original Star Wars movies.

I'm having a difficult time articulating my thoughts here, but those original stories left a lot unsaid and unexplained. The characters didn't get ( or need ) much backstory - if any at all. Some things were ultimately fleshed out ( Luke and Vader for example ). Others were hinted at ( Obi Wan's backstory ). Some we were simply left to wonder about ( WTF is a Wookie? Who the Hell was Han - really - and where did he come from? Etc ).

In 2019 movies don't trust us enough, any more, to leave things unexplained or ambiguous. If Episode 4 were made today we'd learn that Luke was Vader's son, that Vader was actually a former Jedi named Anakin who fell due to love and fear and that Han was a lovable scoundrel who'd act tough but will always come through... And we'd know these things in the first 2 minutes.

The Mandalorian played out in that old way. It let us wonder and only filled in blanks when and where necessary. IMO just often enough to pay off with a few fleeting moments of true joy over small revelations.

Good stuff. Simple story told with moments of scifi awe and spectacle, enough camp to cause a smile or two every soo often and without trying to shove all of the lore down ones throat.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Episode 8 has sold me on it. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but this is definitely Star Wars done right.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So what makes blasters so inaccurate?

Is it all skill?

Everyone just sucks for the most part and occasionally you get sharpshooters?

I liked how they made fun of that, but still I always wondered about that, all these damn cloned soldier cant hit the broadside of a barn!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I enjoyed it so much I am watching other Star Wars things to fill the hole.

GODSPEED FALL 2020!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Baby Yoda made it better for me.
In seies 2 will Baby Chewie show up?
Also Mandalorian sounds like a instrument in a orchestra

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Baby Yoda made it better for me.
In seies 2 will Baby Chewie show up?
Also Mandalorian sounds like a instrument in a orchestra

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Episode 8 has sold me on it. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but this is definitely Star Wars done right.

I definitely agree with the sentiment. The only thing that they’ve done better was Rogue One. That had all of the key elements of a Star Wars movie and the peek into Vader’s castle on Mustafar was icing on the cake.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join